Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makita Multi Tool

Default Makita Multi Tool

There has been much talk here of late as to the success and value of the Makita range of power equipment.

Can anyone provide some feedback on the Makita RBC2510 Brushcutter particulary their experience if any with the Hedgetrimmer attachment?

This site provides limited specs, http://www.sydneytools.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=6835&bc=no

Cheers

Premier

Default Re: Makita Multi Tool

Hi Premier

I purchased a RBC2510 a couple of weeks ago from Sydney Tools.
    I opted for the 2 stroke ( My choice only ) It is very well balanced & revs quite well as a 2 stroke should.

To install the hedge cutter or the prunning saw requires the 2 allen bolts at the end to be undone , install required tool & tighten the 2 allen bolts.

I found the hedge cutter to do a pretty good job, as long as not trying to cut through greater than 15mm branches.

Fuel consumption was pretty thirsty to begin with but is getting better as engine wears in.

With the 2 stroke & 4 stroke the part numbers for the hedge cutter & prunning saw are different.

Not sure if they are interchangeable between the 2 & 4 stroke

Overall I am happy with this combi & it is finished very well. For mine good value for money.

There was another thread on the forum where the question had been raised that this machine might stop if turned on its side, to date mine has not done this.

Had a look through Bunnings the other day & spotted a Makita 19" mower & have to admit looked to be finished of as good as the combi.

Furthermore Makita have produced a self propelled mower, be interesting to see some feedback on both of these mowers.

Cheers
    Ian

Premier, I can PM you the Makita OPE reps phone number if you like, good fella lent me a backpack brushie to demo so I'm sure would demo hedger attachment for you.
    YCC the mowers in Bunnings are resi only and are apparently not great. Better mowers are apparently on the way.
    Cheers
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by AL73 View Post
    Premier, I can PM you the Makita OPE reps phone number if you like, good fella lent me a backpack brushie to demo so I'm sure would demo hedger attachment for you.
    Alex
    Alex thanks to your advice earlier I spoke with your contact and purchased an RBC2510 and Hedge Trimmer attachment, whilst I have only used it a couple of times so far I am impressed with it's thirst for work.
    The Brushie is light to handle and seems to have adequate power.
    I purchased it to be a dedicated Hedge Trimmer, the head is easy and quick to change and the performance of the Trimmer so far has been good, I would concur with YCC in regards to it's capacity, but all equipment has it's limitations...that being said 15mm or so meets my needs fine, if fact most hedging that I do is well under this size.

All in all a really good buy, certainly value for money.

Cheers

Premier

I have been using a Makita RBC 2110 2 stroke line trimmer for nearly 2 years and have had no real problems.

We have a Makita hedge trimmer attached to a RBC 2110, initially had a problem with the angle adjustment handle/bolt, which broke. Mower shop had huge issues trying to get spare parts.

Finally got that fixed and then the gearbox sh*t itself, cheaper to buy a whole new attachment than to buy parts needed! Bought another head and was working well until recently the bolt/handle adjuster breaks again, replaced it with large screw so you have to carry a screwdriver to adjust the angle and and now the clutch is gone!

Gave up in the end and went straight to a mower shop and bought a Shindy!

Throughout all this the Makita Rep was fantastic to deal with, just can't seem to either get the parts or they are so rediculiously priced.

Good luck with the shindy. If it's a new one good chance it's crap. I'm glad my t260x brushcutter got run over. And as for parts good luck with that too.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by fairdinkum View Post
    Good luck with the shindy. If it's a new one good chance it's crap. I'm glad my t260x brushcutter got run over. And as for parts good luck with that too.
    i have had no problem with getting or cost of parts for my shindy but postage from the u.s can be a bit of a killer with some of them
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

My RBC2510 is a dedicated hedge trimmer and has paid for itself countless times over. Cannot recomend highly enough for the price

The Makita multi's are basically the old Robin stuff, which is good, coz Robin is good Makita own Robin & have sent the brand name the way of the dinosaurs. Robin/Makita are the same, as are Echo & Shindy.

Quote Originally Posted by A+Agardens View Post
    My RBC2510 is a dedicated hedge trimmer and has paid for itself countless times over. Cannot recomend highly enough for the price
    +100 for any price

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc View Post
    The Makita multi's are basically the old Robin stuff, which is good, coz Robin is good Makita own Robin & have sent the brand name the way of the dinosaurs. Robin/Makita are the same, as are Echo & Shindy.
    Echo & shindy the same, I would have 2 disagree with that.
    Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc View Post
    True, only the R remains. RBC in Makita language means Robin Brush Cutter. They did the same to Dolmar and rebadged them to Makita.
    Great pole trimmer and I have a saw attachment to demo but haven't needed it as yet.

Cheers
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Echo & shindy the same, I would have 2 disagree with that.
    Cheers Fred.
    You seem to know a lot more than most people about these things lol!

http://www.echo-usa.com/News/Press/?...nd%20Shindaiwa

Maybe Ozito is next? lol!

Quote Originally Posted by AL73 View Post
    True, only the R remains. RBC in Makita language means Robin Brush Cutter. They did the same to Dolmar and rebadged them to Makita.
    Great pole trimmer and I have a saw attachment to demo but haven't needed it as yet.

Cheers
    Alex
    Yup! got me a DCS7901 (Dolmar chain saw 79cc!) Almost, but not quite as good as an Ozito from Bunnings lol!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast