Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: different types of lawn mowing trailer

lifestyle

Default Re: different types of lawn mowing trailer

That function must only be available for the elite group of paid up members .

Quote Originally Posted by lifestyle
    That function must only be available for the elite group of paid up members .
    Most forums give their members a spell checker. Perhaps our Admin team could look at the settings and turn it on. I know it is available in VB Bulletin as I am a member of other Forums that use the same program.

How about it Admin.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey
    Most forums give their members a spell checker. Perhaps our Admin team could look at the settings and turn it on. I know it is available in VB Bulletin as I am a member of other Forums that use the same program.

How about it Admin.
    Good Luck

Hi Dean and all,
    This is upgrade time before the grass starts to grow here in Bundaberg. ( WE HOPE IT STARTS BLOODY SOON)
    With help from my dad and 3 years experience with mowers and mowing we deceided on a Car Carrier trailer. As luck would have it we found a cheapie and we will make up the sides ourselves with side and back ramps.
    At the moment it is a shopping trolly a Toro 450 Z Master Commercial and a Hansa Chipper made in Australia now there is a thing.
    The idea being is to stop trips to the local tip. We mulch 90% of our lawns and now we can mulch trees etc, up to 80mm. There are plenty of customers who want the mulch. Any big jobs can be loaded on the trailer 3 tons is a lot of trees.
    all the best.
    Before chipping and after shots.
    Gary Firth
    Attached Images Attached Images

lifestyle

Now your cooking with hot oil

I've been playing around with the idea of getting that model myself. Its a toss up between that and a commercial tow behind model... but my Masport will keep me going for now.

Get yourself a couple of cheap 6x4 tarps (Only about $2 from cheapie shops) and put under your garbage bin (or in place of it)... It will save you a bit of time cleaning up your leftovers...

What vehicle are you towing the trailer with ?

Thumbs up Re: different types of lawn mowing trailer

Quote Originally Posted by tree beard
    ok got the pic thing worked out now! yay me!
    What do you think?
    Mine is similar, however - I noticed that with mesh front that wind when driving leaves, branches and clippings can blow straight out the back!

Like your compartments beside wheel arches. I put full length toolboxes on top of my wheel arches - keeps chainsaw, hedge trimmer, fuel cans and assorted tools all under lock and key.

Lookls very tall - can you fit under a carport/garage?
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Hi G & G

It probably is a little tall at 2.2m but my rover is 2.22.

I can lock the cage which stops the honest theives, they can climb in through the top tho, which is how I load it on big jobs. Beacuse of its size it is fantastic on cleanups and tree/pruning stuff.

I am also a bit of a tool junkie so have had to install aself inside for the chain saw assorted oils and the like. I am about to get a second and third box for it so I can separate my herbicides, fertilisers, hand tools,blower and hedge trimmer. The mess in the current box is a joke when you are working. Ill post some updated pics tomorrow if I get a chance
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Hi Eric,
    We are using a Ford AU Ute and it pulls it no problem also stopping with 4 wheel electric brakes.
    As soon as we can get a bit more cash together we will put sides on the trailer to keep honest thieves out.
    Regards Gary.

lifestyle

Thumbs up Re: different types of lawn mowing trailer

Quote Originally Posted by BJS Services
    Hi Eric,
    We are using a Ford AU Ute and it pulls it no problem also stopping with 4 wheel electric brakes.
    As soon as we can get a bit more cash together we will put sides on the trailer to keep honest thieves out.
    Regards Gary.
    Thanks, plenty of grunt with that.

I'd like to have a trailer like that for trees etc. I might hire one for a few hours when i have a large tree job. See how my Econovan copes... I'm probably better off sticking with a 7 (or 8) x 5 with cage.

Hi all

With respect to storage...this is what happens when you need this and then that and oh that would make life easier as well. basically I want to take everything with me but need more storage and order and structure.....help! Im out of control!

Tree beard, I get aroung in a BA ute with an 8ft x 6ft tray, with racks and a tool box With a little time spent scheduling I seem to get things done ok. Take the ride on trailer or box trailer when needed Do 20 lawns a day during spring with help Your trailer looks a little like my garage, only thing is I dont take it with me

Hi Black Bear

Maybe we should start a show your shed and work shop thread, but that would be even worse in my case.

Because Im a rural I have to travel 45 min to get into the area I work (no money in the country). The only thing worse than being not prepared is forgetting something, cant just pop home or drop by the house.

Actually my shed rocks its like a boy zone! and my trailer rocks because its overloaded.

When I am more established I may be able to cut back on my hoarding

Hi to all,
    Well it has rained again in Bundaberg thank goodness for that, pity tough as we got our shiny new Toro all dirty.

The car carrier is working well we had to spend $150 on tie down gear or the whole lot would have gone off the back.

We made a startling discovery, one of our customers has 2 acres of trees dropping leaves every where, Today we used a backpack blower to blow then onto the lawn (a mountain of leaves )and ran over them with Toro in mulching mode. All gone just turned into powder.This will help the grass to grow even faster we hope

When we first started we used to rake them up and put them in wheelie bins it took forever.

Regards Gary

What are the bin on the back for bjs.

Hey BJS

That trailer is going to cost you a fortune!
    Look at all that space!
    room for a second ride on, walk behind vacuum, stump grinder, chipper.
    Cant have it half empty people will think your just starting out

Its Huge!

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast