Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cub Cadet 25hp 54 in 130 hrs

Default Cub Cadet 25hp 54 in 130 hrs

Guys in my tyre kicking I considered this, but I'm not very handy so can't take the risk of second hand, but it seems a pretty good price (he said he'll take $5,500). I gather they're around $9K retail, there's plenty of the smaller ones advertised at $5K retail with 19hp/48 inch.

Just in case it would make a good addition to anyone's operation (I'm not affiliated in any way, just haven't seen many low hour ZTRs

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/detail...c4c0ad764a%2C0

Only thing is I think the Roeder sticker on it might mean it's an import from USA. Not sure if that reduces the second hand value or causes issues with parts (I'm a newb )

Default Re: Cub Cadet 25hp 54 in 130 hrs

I think if you treat it with respect, get one or two seasons out of it then trade it on a commercial quality machine you'll be doing well. I just can't understand these guys who start out in mowing and go buy a greenfield or cox tractor. Lunacy in my opinion, one of those ZTRs is a much better start.

I was one of 'these guys' I agree that a resi zero is much better than any cox or greeny.

Cheers Rick

There were no ztrs when I first started doing ride on work, or bugger all of them. Never saw them!
    Tractors are a great way to get into small acreage props. Smaller outlay, easy to operate, lower costs to run etc. There just comes a point where they just aren't profitable enough as our business's get bigger or more established. I see a heap of tractors on utes and trailers and seriously hope they dont upgrade to a ztr.

that is horrible. what a piece for the price man. that is at best a light duty resi mower. could buy it new here for about $3K

wow that's a pretty huge gap - $3K in the US and they claim $9K here (!) At least the price difference between Hustlers etc. isn't quite as bad (although still bloody unfair given the current value of Aussie dollar)

Yes, someone is making a tidy profit out of selling them. Freight and import duty don't cost that much surely.

cant you buy echo from walmart or something like that in the us for as much as we pay for crudo pope in bigW (the equivilint store in aus)

Quote Originally Posted by Grassman177 View Post
    that is horrible. what a piece for the price man. that is at best a light duty resi mower. could buy it new here for about $3K
    But then you guys over there aren't paying $76,000 for a 4 year old Dodge Ram 1500 either
    http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...eot=1&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966398 4294957561&silo=1011

could never understand people paying obscene amounts of money for yank cars/trucks
    (no offence grassman) quality wise, where's the value?

That cub cadet is a very good machine for small commercial jobs, I've used them & if you look after them, they are a very good unit. Anyone using a tractor just doesn't get it & probably never will. Zero turn = in, out, stop f'ing about. Tractor = long days doing HUGE turns at the end of rows & not getting close to trees/posts/edges = LOTS of whipping. But hey, what would I know!

Yeah mate, agree 100% have a look at the thread "60 inch ZTR vs 2 G-fields or Coxs" there is a guy around here who has 2 Greenfields, one on the ute one on the trailer and an off sider.... Why? Makes no sense to me at all. But I suppose I don't really want him to wise up.

Nah, tractors are the go! Cheap to run, easy on the turf and will make you a fortune!
    Go the tractor!

Yep, I agree you're 100% correct! Zero turns are crap and Tractors are by far the best way to go. Only ill informed tossers use zero turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Nah, tractors are the go! Cheap to run, easy on the turf and will make you a fortune!
    Go the tractor!

I have a Cubcadet ztr 17.5hp 42inch deck. Its been the biggest piece of **** i have ever used... Its bloody easy to take the deck off and fix stuff yourself. but i would not get a alittle one..25hp could be ok, the motor will probably out last all the other parts they have...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast