Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gopher

Default gopher

was reading these threads and liked the sound of gopher so have downloaded it to trial.how up to date is my trial says gopher 2006.
    regards john

Default Re: gopher

hey john, just wondering what is gopher and where did you download it from ???
    (new to this site as of today) regards Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by PTG View Post
    hey john, just wondering what is gopher and where did you download it from ???
    (new to this site as of today) regards Tracy
    Welcome to the forum! I used to live over at Marsden just a hop skip and jump from you.

i have the paid version and its 2006

Gopher is useless american time consuming rubbish! I bought it, used it a few times and haven't touched it since. Total waste of money!

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

On the other hand I think Gopher is quite good as a scheduling program. I have tried a range of other methods and Gopher is the best I have found. Like all programs you need to learn how to use it to get the most out of it. I don't use if for invoicing though. That is done in Quick Books

Bulldogs if you buy the full version after the trial you will get the latest version.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I actually just downloaded the trial version and am quite impressed as its simple and easy to use and with how bad I am on computers its easy and fast to work out, hopefully stays that way. Any other good software around?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt the mower man View Post
    I actually just downloaded the trial version and am quite impressed as its simple and easy to use and with how bad I am on computers its easy and fast to work out, hopefully stays that way. Any other good software around?
    Matt
    Have a look at
    http://www.keepiteasy.com.au/
    I've been using it for a few months now and it does everything I want including financials quickly and easily. If you have any problems with it the customer service from Selina is first class.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I downloaded the trial version of Keep It Easy a couple of weeks ago and although I haven't yet found out everything it can do, I've seen enough to go ahead and buy the full version. I just ordered it through Dean earlier today.

It's just got to be better than scraps of paper and post-it notes!

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Matt
    Have a look at
    http://www.keepiteasy.com.au/
    I've been using it for a few months now and it does everything I want including financials quickly and easily. If you have any problems with it the customer service from Selina is first class.
    As much as I like to think I am I am so not a computer person. Although I can edit photos in Photoshop and Lightroom I could not get my head around Keep It Easy for mowing and gardening.

Keep it easy for me here too.It is brilliant when you work out the finer things. I have been using the send letter function a fair bit lately which is a nice and easy process. Scheduling is great as you can see the income for each day and change things around if needed with ease.It reminds you on the main page if you have regulars with out their next job booked and follow-ups or notes as well and even if you have missed someone.
    Makes my day a peice of piss when i get home.

i have found gopher to be easy to use and certainly better than pen and paper , now we have keep it easy for which i am keen but the thought of setting up again is a pain as i have years plus of stuff using gopher...i use invoice to go for the iphone when invoicing , gopher for scheduling and quickbooks for the accountancy side including invoicing....so now does keep it easy do all of that in one..?????????? can keep it easy have an app for the phone ?

Cheers guys, will check keep it easy out too.

I was totally confused on which quickbooks version to get and didnt want to waste good money incase I got the wrong one haha.
    From what Ive played on Gopher so far, Im happy to see most of the features I was wanting are on it.

Member of forum watlebird mowing's Avatar

I have also downloaded the trial version of Gopher which looks pretty good so far to me, Can anyone using it please tell me if you can edit the look of the invoice's? the generic one that it spits out has no Phone number on it, no logo etc.

might have to go have a look at "keep it easy" now aswell before I decide what to buy
    Cheers
    Ben

Wattlebird Lawn Mowing & Garden Service.
    Let us take the hard work out of your garden!

Quote Originally Posted by watlebird mowing View Post
    I have also downloaded the trial version of Gopher which looks pretty good so far to me, Can anyone using it please tell me if you can edit the look of the invoice's? the generic one that it spits out has no Phone number on it, no logo etc.

might have to go have a look at "keep it easy" now aswell before I decide what to buy

If you click on Options in the main menu you can customise the invoice and add all your company details, tax rate payment terms ect. and a logo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast