Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Proscape Chainsaw

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

Aussie Proscape Chainsaw

Has anyone used them? What are they like? Any info on a Jonsered chainsaw would be gr8tly appreciated....

Default Re: Proscape Chainsaw

never used a Pro-Scape saw; Jonsered are very good saws! They basically are Husky's in a different colour! Most Jonsered saws have a corresponding model Husky. There might be very minor differences, but the J'Red's are usually cheaper & just as well made. Unlike the other brands of saws that Husky also make; Talon, Poulan etc which are more budget saws.

What size saw are you thinking of buying? It might be worth your while getting one in from the US or Canada. There are guys on the net who will buy one over there & post it to you. They'll make money & you'll save HEAPS! They pay less than half of what we do for brand name saws! PM me if you want & I'll point you in the right direction.

Senior Member The Local Gardener's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kakegc View Post
    never used a Pro-Scape saw; Jonsered are very good saws! They basically are Husky's in a different colour! Most Jonsered saws have a corresponding model Husky. There might be very minor differences, but the J'Red's are usually cheaper & just as well made. Unlike the other brands of saws that Husky also make; Talon, Poulan etc which are more budget saws.

What size saw are you thinking of buying? It might be worth your while getting one in from the US or Canada. There are guys on the net who will buy one over there & post it to you. They'll make money & you'll save HEAPS! They pay less than half of what we do for brand name saws! PM me if you want & I'll point you in the right direction.
    hello just more or less a smaller saw... I appreciate the feedback...

Hi TLG Is this what you mean?? http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pro-Scape-Cha...-/370440907476 it looks a lot like a genuine cheap ebay chainy which you can get much cheaper than that.. but if you are after a good small saw an arborist top handled saw is the way to go.. may be a ozito from bunnings or http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-25CC-CHAI...item20b5821027 which is the same
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Very Helpful Member

nick i have the ozito from bunnings $135 i think great little saw and this is the 1 i carry all the time the husky stays in the shed unless i know i have bigger trees or branches but remember these little saws are so light they almost feel like toys but they will do serious damage to you if you don't take a lot of care and treat them with the fear and respect all chainsaws deserve
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Why buy Chinese when you can buy a name brand saw at a good price: 30cc Echo for $399 http://www.allpower.com.au/images/pd...0catalogue.pdf or a Stihl MS170 for around $350? I thrashed one of these around commercial sites last year & it took it all! Great little saw. I've also done the cheap Chinese top handled saw thing (part of the learning curve!) & what a POS that was! Chain brake fell off, muffler fell off, plastic housing cracked & broke. The one I bought was a "Sanli" a copy the Echo 350T. Bloody thing was only $20 cheaper than the MS170 & didn't even last a year!

Nick, buy the ozito, write the cost of it off on your first job, it only costs $135. Unless your doing lots of bigger stuff it will be fine.
    Great value 4 money for light duty chainsaw work.
    If u want recomendations on bigger saws, just ask.
    Cheers Fred.

I have a Proscape mower. From what iVe leaner on this forum, Proscape mowers come from Welbang in China.
    May be the same with the chainsaw...?
    Everything looks good with a haircut.... ɐuıɥɔ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐl ǝɥʇ sʇɐɥʇ

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    I have a Proscape mower. From what iVe leaner on this forum, Proscape mowers come from Welbang in China.
    May be the same with the chainsaw...?
    i think they maybe Farmech from Taiwan
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

orzito cant go past it i have done many hours on mine since buying it originaly for the odd job. goes well just needs sharpening very often. than again could be because im not sharpening it right
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    orzito cant go past it i have done many hours on mine since buying it originaly for the odd job. goes well just needs sharpening very often. than again could be because im not sharpening it right
    or because your using it heaps