Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do u do?

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: What do u do?

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlins Property Services View Post
    "secrete garden"?
    members only section
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Sorry, been distracted with the secret garden this weekend.

When I moved down here, I did mostly overgrown grass clean ups, which today I still don't mind doing every now and again. I have a mixture of things and have found that I quote as per my skills and equipment. The mixture is made up of casual mowing clients,regular mowing clients, body corporates (mowing and gardening), mowing and gardening packages and full lawn and garden maintenance contracts which involve lawns, hedges, plants, trees, weed/pest control, watering/fertilizing, and reporting observations back to owner. I'm not a fan of heights so rarely get onto roofs, but if I feel capable I'll quote it. Without a ride on I don't have anything over a 1000m2 and start as small as a nature strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Sorry, been distracted with the secret garden this weekend.

When I moved down here, I did mostly overgrown grass clean ups, which today I still don't mind doing every now and again. I have a mixture of things and have found that I quote as per my skills and equipment. The mixture is made up of casual mowing clients,regular mowing clients, body corporates (mowing and gardening), mowing and gardening packages and full lawn and garden maintenance contracts which involve lawns, hedges, plants, trees, weed/pest control, watering/fertilizing, and reporting observations back to owner. I'm not a fan of heights so rarely get onto roofs, but if I feel capable I'll quote it. Without a ride on I don't have anything over a 1000m2 and start as small as a nature strip.
    Andy
    Do you actually have a contract for these jobs or are they just full service customers ?
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    How is your business structured?
    Do u just mow lawns or r there other avenues to keep the dollars rolling in?
    Our business is primarily garden maintenance (which obviously includes lawn mowing), but we also take on other garden related work that we consider profitable.
    We r now targeting hedges & high pruning as a major priorety outside garden maintenance.
    We used to do alot of irrigation work b4 water restrictions but that dried up (pardon the pun).
    Other garden work we consider would be jobs such as, gutter cleaning, landscaping, small/medium tree lopping/removal, garden clean ups, garden reno's, small paving jobs, mulching etc.
    Do u just lawnmow or do u do other things?
    Whay do u do?
    Cheers Fred.
    If you look up the free ad' directory http://www.indmowing.com.au/html/freeads_home.htm
    you'll be able to see what most people do to fill in their days...
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner ~ Townsville Lawn Care
    http://townsvillelawncare.webs.com

Ive only advertised for Lawn mowing only.
    And most clients ask for other jobs to be done. i.e. Hedging, weeding, tree trimming and now tree lopping. ( Not the big trees). I tell them they need to get a tree lopper in for the big ones.
    Recently Ive been handed a wholw heap of runs by a friend who moved interstate.
    Now im doing nearly everything.
    Most of my lawns are now monthly but are enough to handle at the moment. ( A few jobs each day, & throw in the newbies & one offs)
    I keep an accounting method in place to track the jobs done & when the are due.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    How is your business structured?
    Do u just mow lawns or r there other avenues to keep the dollars rolling in?
    Our business is primarily garden maintenance (which obviously includes lawn mowing), but we also take on other garden related work that we consider profitable.
    We r now targeting hedges & high pruning as a major priorety outside garden maintenance.
    We used to do alot of irrigation work b4 water restrictions but that dried up (pardon the pun).
    Other garden work we consider would be jobs such as, gutter cleaning, landscaping, small/medium tree lopping/removal, garden clean ups, garden reno's, small paving jobs, mulching etc.
    Do u just lawnmow or do u do other things?
    Whay do u do?
    Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Andy
    Do you actually have a contract for these jobs or are they just full service customers ?
    Full service customers I guess, written quotes and verbal agreements. One is for 3yrs on a handshake, others haven't time frames but I'll review price annually and advise them of any changes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12