Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Secret Garden idea

Aussie Secret Garden idea

just been folding my washing and noticed I have a few t-shirts from different musicians forums I belong to - yearly membership for about $30+/- a year includes a t shirt.Some forums have a different shirt each year which generates yearly funds.
    Now...got me thinking about the requests for a members only sealed section of the forum; how about it being for [a] - paid up members of Indi only(pay your $140) , [b] - an additional fee per year to access the sealed section which includes a printed Indi t-shirt showing you are an Indi.
    A few benefits would be funds generated for the running of the forum, a section to talk privately to each other without fear of eaves-dropping from potential clients & opposition contractors and a nice shirt in the bargain!
    please discuss....

Senior Member TOO EASY YARD CARE's Avatar

Default Re: Secret Garden idea

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    just been folding my washing and noticed I have a few t-shirts from different musicians forums I belong to - yearly membership for about $30+/- a year includes a t shirt.Some forums have a different shirt each year which generates yearly funds.
    Now...got me thinking about the requests for a members only sealed section of the forum; how about it being for [a] - paid up members of Indi only(pay your $140) , [b] - an additional fee per year to access the sealed section which includes a printed Indi t-shirt showing you are an Indi.
    A few benefits would be funds generated for the running of the forum, a section to talk privately to each other without fear of eaves-dropping from potential clients & opposition contractors and a nice shirt in the bargain!
    please discuss....
    i think its a great idea i try not to put up to much stuff on hear because people who uses my biz could see it so i thinik 100% lets get it happening but still keep the open forum from talking to others and it should be only for indy no jims or others even if they have paid

Sounds good to me.

Very Helpful Member

apparently the industry speak http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22 is members only at least it appears that way from post no. 14 http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6233
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I like the idea of a private area,

Not sure about excluding paid up jims though, these guys have alot to offer in experience and knowledge.

I would be more up to banning anyone who owns a bent shaft whippy and victa mower

I am in. I would like a nice dress shirt from Indy. Great idea. Anjaryan on the Jim's bit I would say yes if we had reciprocal rights on their forum but that is not going to happen is it.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    apparently the industry speak http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22 is members only at least it appears that way from post no. 14 http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6233
    Nope. I just tested it by logging out and coming on as a guest. Had full access.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Anjaryan View Post

Not sure about excluding paid up jims though, these guys have alot to offer in experience and knowledge.

I would be more up to banning anyone who owns a bent shaft whippy and victa mower
    I own a bent shaft whippy and a victa mower, don't tell anyone.

Senior Member TOO EASY YARD CARE's Avatar

i think ur missing the whole point we a indys jim should not have acess to out indy area

Quote Originally Posted by TOO EASY YARD CARE View Post
    i think ur missing the whole point we a indys jim should not have acess to out indy area
    I agree, but... nothing to stop a Jim's guy or Vip or any of the franchises being a fully paid member, and the more quality info the better, I welcome them. Franchises aren't our enemies, it's non-professionals that will negatively impact our prices and create the wrong perception of our industry.

So what secrets do you want to talk about

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    So what secrets do you want to talk about
    Well now that you ask Admin I think (and this is just my opinion) that anything to do with helping other members getting on top of the competition or to grow their business successfully should be there. The thread on Quoting is a classic example. For you I see it as a win as it will likely prompt more people to actually join Indy to get the really good info. Not to mention a classic been there tshirt to boot. I am not saying everything should be discussed in the secret garden but some things should. The things that let us get a bit of an edge for instance.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Nope. I just tested it by logging out and coming on as a guest. Had full access.
    Me too with the same result.

So admin I will ask the question directly.

Has the forum been changed to include a members only/secret garden section or not?

We're a little confused because of some conflicting information that has appeared on the forum recently.
    ~ Joanne ~

We get these guys to sign up and then educate them.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    We get these guys to sign up and then educate them.
    Are we educating the guys with the bent shaft whippy or the green trailers???

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast