Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Secret Garden idea

Default Re: Secret Garden idea

I think the secret garden has to be used for its sole intention and thats to protect paid up members .we dont want everything going on in this forum ( my opinion of course ) as the forum itself still needs to be avaiable to the greater commity to stay alive .

Quote Originally Posted by Anjaryan View Post
    Are we educating the guys with the bent shaft whippy or the green trailers???
    Lol....the bent shaft brigade. The green trailer boys probably think we need educating
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I think the secret garden has to be used for its sole intention and thats to protect paid up members .we dont want everything going on in this forum ( my opinion of course ) as the forum itself still needs to be avaiable to the greater commity to stay alive .
    I agree Geoff, it was this forum that lead us to Dean and after reading all the support and ideas and having a long chat with Dean that made Timmy change from looking at a franchise to going it alone. Other newbie posts indicate how great they think the forum is at supporting the industry.

I'm in 2 minds about the Jim's/franchise contractors. They've been free with their advice and we all work the same industry, the aim is professionalism and quality service. The true "enemy" are the cowboy operators who damage the pricing and reputation of professional contractors.
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. What makes the forum good is that anyone can access it and we want them to. What we as members have to do is make it known that certain things get posted in the members area only and if you want to go to that level then you join up. Many very successful forums operate like this. I didn't join Indy straightaway but had a look through the forum first for a while. Once I realised it was a good place to be I joined pretty quickly though. But what do we really get for our membership fees (thats not a shot Admin just a question) As a fully paid up member I would like to see an area where I can discuss stuff with other fully paid up members without fear of other non members seeing it and/or our clients or prospective clients. Indy polls great in Google searches and our posts come up on a regular basis.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    I'm in 2 minds about the Jim's/franchise contractors. They've been free with their advice and we all work the same industry, the aim is professionalism and quality service. The true "enemy" are the cowboy operators who damage the pricing and reputation of professional contractors.
    Good point and I am not firm in saying no to them. I guess if they cough up their money for membership why not. Who knows maybe we can convert them to the "Green Side" The force Jim...Use the force the force Jim
    Cheers

Bluey

Me too with the same result.

So admin I will ask the question directly.

Has the forum been changed to include a members only/secret garden section or not?

We're a little confused because of some conflicting information that has appeared on the forum recently.
    No secret garden has been added non members do not have the right of way to post in that section .

And just to let you know the forum has been closed to non members of INDY for over 12 months .
    However people that have emailed etc direct have been registered on my approval .International guests etc .

Members of forum only are restricted in alot of areas.

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. What makes the forum good is that anyone can access it and we want them to. What we as members have to do is make it known that certain things get posted in the members area only and if you want to go to that level then you join up. Many very successful forums operate like this. I didn't join Indy straightaway but had a look through the forum first for a while. Once I realised it was a good place to be I joined pretty quickly though. But what do we really get for our membership fees (thats not a shot Admin just a question) As a fully paid up member I would like to see an area where I can discuss stuff with other fully paid up members without fear of other non members seeing it and/or our clients or prospective clients. Indy polls great in Google searches and our posts come up on a regular basis.
    Your allways taking a shot Bluey .

Thanks for the prompt response admin

So non-members can still view the entire forum but cannot post?
    ~ Joanne ~

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    No secret garden has been added non members do not have the right of way to post in that section .

And just to let you know the forum has been closed to non members of INDY for over 12 months .
    However people that have emailed etc direct have been registered on my approval .International guests etc .

Members of forum only are restricted in alot of areas.
    Ok. What section are you talking about Admin. As I understand a fully paid up Indy is a "Member" whereas a non paid person is a "Member of the Forum" Is that correct?

So what your saying is that unless your a fully paid up member of Indy they no longer have access to the forum and that has been the case for over 12 months. Or is it that as long as they are a Member of the Forum they have access. I am a bit confused on this as I don't see our Jim's people paying up to be a member of Indy or even being allowed to by Jim.

When I checked just before by logging out I had full access to the forum as a guest. I could read posts etc. So that means anyone can do so doesn't it?
    Cheers

Bluey

Yep. Just tested that. Can view but not post.
    Cheers

Bluey

Your allways taking a shot Bluey .
    Now I am hurt and crestfallen...lol. Only thinking about the greater good Admin. Where would you be without people pushing the envelope like us. Truthfully though I do see this as a good idea.
    Cheers

Bluey

Yes for sure .

We have had this discussion b4 the forum has nothing top do with fully paid life time membership 0f 145.oo

You dont pay a cent to the forum

The forum is not included in the membership fee and for good reason .
    Its here so members have some where to chat and help each other and others .

Yes for sure .

The forum is not included in the membership fee and for good reason .
    Its here so members have some where to chat and help each other and others .
    Ok thanks for clarifying that Admin and I guess that is the issue we are trying to address. Anyone can become a Member of the Forum but only paid up Indy members are classed as Members and have the right to show the Indy avatar or something else.

I guess us paid up Indy members rightly or wrongly feel a bit of ownership of the forum. The name suggests that in itself. I think most fully paid up members support an area for them only whilst still supporting forum as a whole. We would like to see some special consideration being given to those of us who are proud to be members of Indy. We put a lot of time into the forum and it is our interaction and posts that give it such a good rating. I would like to feel that our request for a members only area has been given due consideration. At the end of the day you own and run the forum but it is your members that make it a happening thing so can we put this to a vote perhaps and run a poll.
    Cheers

Bluey

As you know we have had a secret garden b4 many years ago so yes we pushed the envelope years ago

I guess thats true Admin but some of us thought maybe things have changed alot since then especially the way we approach the profession and to protect some aspects and to exchange information freely and fairly.
    I understand that the forum has to be avaiable to all to kep alive and its certainly doing that.just want some small aspects kept to ourselves....sure would could just pm each other or email i guess but mmmmm

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast