Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Renters R Bad Payer's

Default Re: Renters R Bad Payer's

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    An old mate of mine I haven't seen for years used to drive cabs, he'd quite often finish his shift with "collateral". If someone couldn't pay the fare when he got them home in the wee hours of the morning he'd say what have you got for collateral, he'd usually know if it would get more at the pawn broker than the fare. He take it and say call me when you've got the money plus another fare for me to get here and bring it back.
    Might have worked in the 80's but now days they would just beat him up take his money and the cab and leave him bleeding in the gutter
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

The best idea is call in at they place of work or 6.30 am on a sunday morning,,

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Might have worked in the 80's but now days they would just beat him up take his money and the cab and leave him bleeding in the gutter
    Yeah probably right.

Hey don't know if you guys do it or if I've mentioned it before, take the rego's of cars in the driveway incase you want to track down tenants at a later date. I do it, haven't had to use it but they are written down.

Oh and check the mail box just in case you're over due payment is there and you may accidentally see the full name of the client on their mail. (Haven't needed to do this either but I've thought about it. )

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    I know where your coming from but,
    if he calls the police , they'll tell you the non payment is a civil issue, then do you for illegal dumping
    fortunately, i dont have my name stamped on the grass clippings.

"who me? i know nothing, officer - let him prove it."

and non payers are lazy dishonest pricks, so the last thing they would do imho, is call the cops.

i certainly wouldn't ever get into a punch up with a customer over it.

a little friendly unfriendliness is all - and lets remember - i worked my guts out on a hot queensland day for this $$$hole, he deserves more than what he got.

Much younger in life I worked for a bloke ( bad payer himself towards employees ) who installed irrigation systems around the east of Melbourne.....Lets just call him David Basstardo. For whatever reason he did not receive payment on a particular job and so the irrigation system got primed full of round up........common practice in the industry at the time, probably still is. Seems like fair retribution and easier than pulling out all the poly pipe.
    As for the employer well....what comes around goes around.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    fortunately, i dont have my name stamped on the grass clippings.

"who me? i know nothing, officer - let him prove it."

and non payers are lazy dishonest pricks, so the last thing they would do imho, is call the cops.

i certainly wouldn't ever get into a punch up with a customer over it.

a little friendly unfriendliness is all - and lets remember - i worked my guts out on a hot queensland day for this $$$hole, he deserves more than what he got.
    Nosey Nancy across the road would probably be peering out her window.
    I'm not saying don't do it, just don't get caught

dont get me wrong, i'm the nicest guy. I only had to play hardball with this ONE guy, in 2+ years of mowing.

On top of that, i have only had to use the threat one other time.

But essentially, i wouldnt do anything i could get into major trouble for.

(have heard of guys using POISON to write dirty words in the customers lawn, so the next mower guy knows hes a bad payer lololol)

btw, employers who are bad payers? I used to work security, the boss would pay us all at 7 pm before we started. By 11pm/1am he would be drunk, with a prostitute standing by, and would need one of us to bring back our pay so he could "pay a private investigator".

lol, wonder what she investigated?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    one i did today said cash up front mungrel job with woody weeds as high as my head all over the entire yard wipper snipped it took bit over an hour i was thinking would have taken bit over 2 cause of all the beer bottles and cans i added a bit of danger money into it as well so ended up getting a good profit off it which i really needed at the moment.
    good one Daniel! nice to make a good profit to boot...

We've been getting some woody ones a bit lately (ones that have been growing during the wet/post-cyclone times it seems). I'm so glad we have our Honda edger set up with the blade on - it makes it easy going and saves getting the weeds wrapped around the end.
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner ~ Townsville Lawn Care
    http://townsvillelawncare.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    I used to work security, the boss would pay us all at 7 pm before we started. By 11pm/1am he would be drunk, with a prostitute standing by, and would need one of us to bring back our pay so he could "pay a private investigator".

lol, wonder what she investigated?

lol
    Ex Navy for sure
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Yeah probably right.

Hey don't know if you guys do it or if I've mentioned it before, take the rego's of cars in the driveway incase you want to track down tenants at a later date. I do it, haven't had to use it but they are written down.

Oh and check the mail box just in case you're over due payment is there and you may accidentally see the full name of the client on their mail. (Haven't needed to do this either but I've thought about it. )
    Agree 100% then again a bag of quik dry cement down the sewege overflow can get them thinking.........not that I have ever done that.

)
    Your wasting your time with this Andy. How do you propose to actually get the info.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Your wasting your time with this Andy. How do you propose to actually get the info.
    keep the rego numbers of non payers on a stick it note on your dash, see them, nail them with the bull bar, then while the cops are taking names, get their name and addrerss for insurance, then say, hey dont you owe me $50 for that mow?

lol, JOKING

Served Statement of Claim on Bad Paying Renter last Saturday.
    28 days to pay or Default Judgment will occur.

I did warn her......UNLUCKY!!

there are ways to locate people, but unless the debt is quite substantial (in vic anyway) $1000+ legal proceedings are unfinancial to pursue in the courts. It will cost you more than you can claim.

Member of forum watlebird mowing's Avatar

well I have had an ongoing battle with a customer who owed me $100 after a few months of reminder invoices etc. I dumped a bale n a half of grass in their driveway today and like clock work I got a phone call this arvo saying I will have my money by the weekend.
    I just explained that it was my new return policy when she asked about the pile in the drive way. stuff em I say!
    Cheers
    Ben

Wattlebird Lawn Mowing & Garden Service.
    Let us take the hard work out of your garden!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast