Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Renters R Bad Payer's

Default Renters R Bad Payer's

I have done a few rental properties and are having problems with payments.!mad:
    You do the work in 35-40 degree heat and expect to get paid. When I don't it makes me Grrrrrr!
    Off to Local Court soon if they don't pay soon!

Mick
    OGS DUBBO

Default Re: Renters R Bad Payer's

There are lots of threads about non payers and slow payers. A search for these will reveal a ton of info on how to minimize your exposure
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Welcome to the forum! I've only been through Dubbo once I can remember and it was 42 degrees, sweat it out mate.

It's not just renters, just about anyone can be a bad payer. The best things to do is ensure the price is solid and they acknowledge and accept it before starting. It's not rude to ask how they will be paying and if questioned explain chq's are going to cost more cause you have to take time out of your day to goto the bank. And above all else, stop work if they haven't paid! Hope you get your money and it doesn't take much time out of your day to get it.

Thanks for the advise. I think payment by credit card may resolve some problems too.
    Or 50% up front and the balance on completion of job for the high risk category customers. Its a problem for all businesses not just us.
    Maybe we should set up a website like TICA which Real Estate Agents use for defaulting tentants may be a way of reducing Bad Payers too. BSICA-Business Services Information Centre of Australia would be a good name.!
    Don't get mad, Get Equal is my Moto!
    OGS DUBBO
    Orana Garden Solutions

Welcome Orana
    I know Dubbo well,mums from there and the old man hails from Wellington.
    I have a few renters on my books and they are all good payers.All new clients for me are cash until I'm sure I'm not going to get dudded.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

just turn up with a trailer full of rubbish and ask them for the cash .. if not leave it on the front door and advise that only covers half of the bill and you will be back !!

good luck with it

dont see the big deal with rentals .... same as any other client = will be there on this date to do lawns etc total $ to left out .. = no money = work dont get done .. i have about 10 rentals i service never have a problem with them ,

good memories of Dubbo, lived there in the early '80s working on my sisters nursery on Brisbane St (Yarrabee Nursery)- where I started in hort.

It's the renters who ask you to do a big exit-bond clean-up you really have to watch as it can be hard tracking them down if you don't get paid on the day. We got stung once, and the real estate people couldn't help us out with payment via the bond as the tenant had trashed the inside of the house as well and that needed to be repaired ...
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner ~ Townsville Lawn Care
    http://townsvillelawncare.webs.com

Member Gremlins Property Services's Avatar

I dont see any reason not to ask for the money up front.... You cant get on a plane without paying first, or take a car away without payment confirmation...there are a alot you cant have until you've payed first.....I've been had too many times by renters and realestates and the worste excuse was we cant pay you until we lodge a claim for the bond and get it....realastates....never again!!!!!
    Dean & Michelle Hicks
    Owner/Operator Gremlins Property Services
    Townsville and Surrounding Areas

A few people ask for money up front, if they are moving out its a very good idea and for renters generally if you are having a problem,,

The only renters I have had trouble with and am now very weary of are the one off exit cleans

Same as BGS, I have been stung twice by these bugga`s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlins Property Services View Post
    I dont see any reason not to ask for the money up front.... You cant get on a plane without paying first, or take a car away without payment confirmation...there are a alot you cant have until you've payed first.....I've been had too many times by renters and realestates and the worste excuse was we cant pay you until we lodge a claim for the bond and get it....realastates....never again!!!!!
    Exactly...good advice. For all one off jobs I ask for money up front. Been caught before and never again. No money no job.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by MAGOO View Post
    just turn up with a trailer full of rubbish and ask them for the cash .. if not leave it on the front door and advise that only covers half of the bill and you will be back !!

good luck with it
    some of the rentals i do, mate, you'll find it hard to find a space that isn't already covered in $hit

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast