Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Renters R Bad Payer's

Default Re: Renters R Bad Payer's

Just on this and off topic I know but I am wasting a lot of time doing these quotes. Might start a new thread in the members area to work out ways to combat it.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Yep I did a similar quote yesterday. Kikuyu knee high on a big corner block. Brain dead drug addled fruit loop answers the door and tells me what he wants. I work it out and say it is gonna cost ya $350 plus dumping. He says the last one was only $35 and I am only a pensioner. I laughed and said good luck and walked away.
    f==== bluey its only $315 dollar difference , wheres ya flexability ??? hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    f==== bluey its only $315 dollar difference , wheres ya flexability ??? hahahahaha
    The only thing that about me that is flexible these days is me old fella
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by tree beard View Post
    yes just got burned $200 by a tenant last week that was out going! Did and said all the right things...other than pay me. A little disappointed in myself for giving a tenant the chance and now it will be harder for other tenants, all tarred with the same brush. There is no trust!
    as bluey said tree beard just move on ... ive never had trouble with renters , maybe ive just been lucky but last month 5 of my regulars left as thay where renters all relocated , bugger ,

yes have moved on :-) did the standard letter thing, but am now considering it my contribution to the singles mums with kids fund! The one bad penny does in no way represent the vast majority of customers...just the bad taste is all

next quote please lol ;-)
    To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

one i did today said cash up front mungrel job with woody weeds as high as my head all over the entire yard wipper snipped it took bit over an hour i was thinking would have taken bit over 2 cause of all the beer bottles and cans i added a bit of danger money into it as well so ended up getting a good profit off it which i really needed at the moment.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

And that's the way to do
    Cheers

Bluey

I only ever had one that didn’t pay,i went around while being in the area to ask for a one cut payment ,i left a note asking them to contact me but nothing.
    So one day when my 2 wool bales were full of lawn clippings and the customer was home i said are you paying they said "take me to court",i said nah here's your lawn clippings returned..2 full bales tipped into his front yard.
    Have a nice day.

fair enough too

I hope there was lots of weed seeds in there as well.

I want to get a tip truck soon so I'll remember that one. I lived in Canada for a while and that is what the snow plow guys would do if they didn't get paid, they would dump a heap of snow in front of the garage door so you couldn't get the car out.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    I only ever had one that didn’t pay,i went around while being in the area to ask for a one cut payment ,i left a note asking them to contact me but nothing.
    So one day when my 2 wool bales were full of lawn clippings and the customer was home i said are you paying they said "take me to court",i said nah here's your lawn clippings returned..2 full bales tipped into his front yard.
    Have a nice day.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

That’s interesting re Canada
    A guy i worked with when in VIP left Adelaide and lived in Canada for about 10 years,Vancouver i think and he started VIP over there.
    Did you ever see the name VIP lawn mowing while you were there.

No, I didn't see any VIPs over there, but I did see some pretty impressive set ups.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

I also lived in Canada 4 a while, landscaping b4 the winter set in.
    When everything freezes solid, there aint much happenjng in the hort industries. Some guys salt the roads & snow plough during the winter.
    Vancouver has a mild climate by their standards, over in the east I would skate on frozen lakes during the winter, lakes that r bigger than Port phillip bay.
    Cheers Fred.

Now did any of you blokes who lived there get the chance to go ice fishing. I had a mate who lived over there who told me about and showed me some vids and photos. Seems a great way to stay warm, fish and get drunk in winter. It is on my bucket list.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by ogsdubbo View Post
    I have done a few rental properties and are having problems with payments.!mad:
    You do the work in 35-40 degree heat and expect to get paid. When I don't it makes me Grrrrrr!
    Off to Local Court soon if they don't pay soon!

Mick
    OGS DUBBO
    Generally the problem payers for me have been the ones that appear quite well off. They at first say they will catch up on the day to pay you, then it's that they will drop by the next day etc. Generally males that seem in their own 'little businessman world' and you are their last priority. Best solution now is letter from collection agency and get paid pronto!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast