Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Renters R Bad Payer's

Default Re: Renters R Bad Payer's

Quote Originally Posted by watlebird mowing View Post
    well I have had an ongoing battle with a customer who owed me $100 after a few months of reminder invoices etc. I dumped a bale n a half of grass in their driveway today and like clock work I got a phone call this arvo saying I will have my money by the weekend.
    I just explained that it was my new return policy when she asked about the pile in the drive way. stuff em I say!
    Seems like you let the outstanding amount go on for too long.
    I have renters and one cut unpaid is fair enough but the next cut i ask if they can pay today for both cuts if they say they have no money on them then they get the choice of getting the money while i'm cutting or i come back later through the week to cut the grass.

I won't let them build up a outstanding amount and get caught out.
    Ive seen this happen too many times and it's really up to you to control it not the customer.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

It pisses me off they have a big thing in the paper today about police spending heaps of time chasing people not paying for petrol and having fake plates on, they arrest and find people for getting out of cabs and not paying, but they wont go and charge somebody who refuses to pay for there lawn being mowed. theift is theift be it pick up an item in a shop and not pay for it, walk out of restraunt without paying, hop out of a cab without paying, or not pay for your lawn to be mowed.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    It pisses me off they have a big thing in the paper today about police spending heaps of time chasing people not paying for petrol and having fake plates on, they arrest and find people for getting out of cabs and not paying, but they wont go and charge somebody who refuses to pay for there lawn being mowed. theift is theift be it pick up an item in a shop and not pay for it, walk out of restraunt without paying, hop out of a cab without paying, or not pay for your lawn to be mowed.
    Dam right! the police won't even talk to you about it.

Think about this one:
    The law says you must wear a seat belt even if your in the car by yourself.

Why can a motor cycle have people ride them with no belt or protection but you can hop in a car with 4 wheels and a cage around you but you get fined for no belt.

Some things don’t add up.

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Think about this one:
    The law says you must wear a seat belt even if your in the car by yourself.

Why can a motor cycle have people ride them with no belt or protection but you can hop in a car with 4 wheels and a cage around you but you get fined for no belt.

Some things don’t add up.
    yeah but you have a helmet and a seat belt on a bike would leave you attached to the thing that will cause you the most damage where as in a car it leaves you in the most safest place thats a commonsense one.

You may have missed the point i tried showing.

The government sees this as a civil matter. A complaint between two people and I can understand that reasoning a bit. If it was something the police got into they would do nothing else but sort out things like this. Take them to the debt collector or to court. That's what the government wants us to do.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Very Helpful Member

yeah but you have a helmet and a seat belt on a bike would leave you attached to the thing that will cause you the most damage where as in a car it leaves you in the most safest place thats a commonsense one.
    o.k i will pay your reasoning but then ask why don't buses have seat belts
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    o.k i will pay your reasoning but then ask why don't buses have seat belts
    yes thats on thing i always wondered. It seems as though your not allowed to kkill your self, you not allowed to kill a car full of people but hey a bus full who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    The government sees this as a civil matter. A complaint between two people and I can understand that reasoning a bit. If it was something the police got into they would do nothing else but sort out things like this. Take them to the debt collector or to court. That's what the government wants us to do.
    yeah but isnt it a civil matter if i decide im not paying the indian who took me on the longest root he could home at a rate per hour much higher than mine. No i have two choices pay it or police turn up fine me take me to court. should be the same with us person doesnt pay police rock up there and say are you paying or we take you to court for theft of services.

Member of forum watlebird mowing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Seems like you let the outstanding amount go on for too long.
    I have renters and one cut unpaid is fair enough but the next cut i ask if they can pay today for both cuts if they say they have no money on them then they get the choice of getting the money while i'm cutting or i come back later through the week to cut the grass.

I won't let them build up a outstanding amount and get caught out.
    Ive seen this happen too many times and it's really up to you to control it not the customer.
    it was only two cuts and they had been paying just fine for 6 months, she used to drop round and drop off the cash on payday, then they just stopped.
    cops are a waste of time, but it seems ive found what works, lol!
    Cheers
    Ben

Wattlebird Lawn Mowing & Garden Service.
    Let us take the hard work out of your garden!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    Dam right! the police won't even talk to you about it.
    Speaking of Police, i've got 8 of them on my books
    started off doing lawns & gardens for one of the senior officers at the Parks Station, and snowballed from there.
    When thinking about it, they're the ideal candidates for lawns & gardens... shift workers
    plus i always get the good gossip

wattlebird, nice one lol. took a page out of my manual lol

Member of forum watlebird mowing's Avatar

Well I got my money now I think I might write my new "product return policy" into a contract and get dodgy customers to sign it before taking on the work, lol!
    Cheers
    Ben

Wattlebird Lawn Mowing & Garden Service.
    Let us take the hard work out of your garden!

wattle they think of next

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast