Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Unbelievable ! What will they think of next ?

Default Unbelievable ! What will they think of next ?

Default Re: Unbelievable ! What will they think of next ?

we went and priced one from the importers and from memory it had a 25 approx hp petrol kawasaki in it but when they said it cost over 60000 we bought a 4wd new holland half the price !

Very Helpful Member

Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Im liking this. Not radio controlled but still looks pretty good for the purpose!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7WWvfFVTS8

I have just the property in mind for a remote controlled one or the one with the pulley system, save me slaving my guts out on the slope. Wonder if I can convince the owner to buy one? Wonder how much I could charge to drive the remote control one for an hour?

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmow View Post
    I want one of these that looks like awesome fun.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I think having one of those things would really blur the line between working or having a hobby that happens to pay the bills as well. I wonder if U can get a remote control w-snipper ? Sit back on a chair (or stay in the ute with the air con on) and trim the edges. now that would be great !!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmow View Post
    I think having one of those things would really blur the line between working or having a hobby that happens to pay the bills as well. I wonder if U can get a remote control w-snipper ? Sit back on a chair (or stay in the ute with the air con on) and trim the edges. now that would be great !!
    Just run a snipper off the same machine on it's first lap around all the edges then as it would now know the boundaries and the area it needs to mow let it work out the best pattern and go for it itself. That would be cool.

Yes, you would have to have some method of changing the angle of the trimmer head if the grass is higher than the concrete or if the concrete is higher than the grass, and getting in and out of internal (90 degree) corners, or tip it on it's side vertically from time to time. If you had a speed feed type head, tapping a solenoid could let more string out but you would have to re-string it manually. If you got vines and long grass wrapped around it you would have to un-tangle it manually.

I think it could be done but from a time and money point of view it's pretty hard to replace an experienced human being with a trimmer, unless you set up a poison tank and nozzle on it - that would solve it.

Do your best then poison the rest.

Glenn.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy B View Post
    Just run a snipper off the same machine on it's first lap around all the edges then as it would now know the boundaries and the area it needs to mow let it work out the best pattern and go for it itself. That would be cool.

This is what you would use if you got the contract to mow the sides of the roads in Afghanistan or Iraq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BaG4IjOhUo&NR=1