Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: regards pricing per square metre

Aussie regards pricing per square metre

Hi all
    I'm needing some direction please. I'm quoting for a council. And they are asking pricing for hedging, mowing, front deck pricing per square meter. Has anybody got any idea how you calculate such thing being new...

Default Re: regards pricing per square metre

What are you mowing?

Default Re: regards pricing per square metre

Hmmmm well if it takes you 15 mins to mow 1000m2 (depending on your machine) and you charge the machine at $90/hr, that means $22.50/1000m2, which means 0.0225 cents/m2 If mowing a 5 acre feild or something this'd be ok but I wouldn't pull up at a 1000m2 empty lot and charge $22.50 to mow it. You need more specifics from the council. How large is the areas to be mowed, is there snipping/spraying etc. Too many variables. These are all important factors to take into account to price it appropriately. As far as hedging same same, work out hr'ly rate and go from there. If your doing these regularly count on say 10 -> 12 hedge trrims a year. Regular trimming and you'll be able to mulch up the cuttings with the mower and they'll always look well kept. Hope this helps. My head hurts.
    Cheers, Jason.

If your lawns and garden's have lost their Mojo...
    Call Mowjo Man