Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: hedge trimmimg pics

Default Re: hedge trimmimg pics

Fred was that a tow behind bucket or a wheeled unit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    Mate, I'm feeling queezy just looking at the height of those photo's... seriously don't know how you do it... but looks bl00dy amazing as usual!

Just out of couriosity.. how many hedges do you do a month like this?

Simmo.
    Simmo,not too many require the picker but, I think the majority of our business is now hedges.
    Paul, not sure what u mean? we just hired it from Kennards, its a trailable EWP.
    Cheers Fred.

Awesome work as usual Fred.

Sorry Fred. I was after info about access and wondered if it was a tow-behind or a 4-wheeled unit running on it's own power that would be delivered on a flat-bed etc.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583520121130_135651.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]5836 no where near ss good as freds work but it was 33 deg that day..photos skew wiff again!must be in Irish mode...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good effort, always good to see the finished work. Irishjim did you take these with your I phone. I do and have to put the photos back through my picture manger to turn them around the right way.

Yeah,dunno why they do that??doesnt happen when I post pics on other sites/forums

Hi Irishjim.
    I was given a hedge to trim, u were given a bunch of trees.
    You can only work with what's put infront of u, & you're well on your way.
    Im sure you'll turn it into a nice hedge IF they allow u to, it takes time.
    Tell them if they want a manicured hedge, lawn, whatever.............. u gotta manicure it.
    Simple as that.
    Then again, that maynot be their scene.
    Cheers Fred.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

It's a hard gig this hedge trimming 2 - 5 meters high... I did 5 hours worth yesterday.. Ok, it was after 6 hours of mowing in the moring/lunch time but still, I am absolutely stuffed today on my whole upper body.

I usually only do an hour maximum on most jobs that i get and most are box hedges... but everything here was rounded and really overgrown!

I'm sure Fred would have knocked it over in an hour or so... but seriously, what's the secret to having the strength to maintain these heights all day?

I also hate the clean up... what is the quickest and most effective way to clean up these large hedges with a nice clean finnish?

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

I have a few lengths of shade cloth that I lay down over the top over the gardens, drives or lawns, when you cut if falls straight onto the cloth, I then roll it up or drag it to the trailer and empty it in there or if I have enough shade cloth I just leave it in the trailer until I get to tip where I can just pull it all out and empty. This saves heaps of time on cleanup. Just make the lengths about 6 to 8 mtrs long otherwise they can get very heavy, this also depends on how much you have to cut off.
    Lots of hedging work is the only way to keep the strength up or lots of upper body work in the Gym.

It's a hard gig this hedge trimming 2 - 5 meters high... I did 5 hours worth yesterday.. Ok, it was after 6 hours of mowing in the moring/lunch time but still, I am absolutely stuffed today on my whole upper body.

I usually only do an hour maximum on most jobs that i get and most are box hedges... but everything here was rounded and really overgrown!

I'm sure Fred would have knocked it over in an hour or so... but seriously, what's the secret to having the strength to maintain these heights all day?

I also hate the clean up... what is the quickest and most effective way to clean up these large hedges with a nice clean finnish?

Simmo.
    Toughen up princess.

Very Helpful Member

Simmo.
    finnish,danish or chinese i don't think it matters what nationality they are or even if they're clean as long as they pick up all the mess you've made
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post

Are you hiring it out these holidays lol

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

So U wanna know what my rates are then ?

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast