Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why I shouldn't kill myself?

Default Reasons why I shouldn't kill myself?

All I can think of is my two little boys.

I've pretty much had it with everyone and everything in my life.

Default Re: Reasons why I shouldn't kill myself?

Mate the Easter bunny will deliver some chocolates soon, fingers crossed this will help with the mood.

Not sure what to say but there are so many wonderful things in our lives to keep us going!
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

Mate chin up its always darkest before the dawn, + good indy friends

Mate everyone has tough times, but thats the cowards way out!
    Talk to us, seek pro help, whatever, the tide will turn.
    Without going into too many details, why not give us an outline of your probs. Im no pro, but there may be others reading that can relate to your situation & possibly could help.
    Be cool, the tide WILL turn.
    Cheers Fred.

agree Fred...Paul mate you have two little boys and having brought up children and having a little grandson the world has changed for me...mate those boys need you like you wouldnt believ..stay strong...things do get better , sometimes it takes time

We all go through tough times but you just have to do your best to wait for the good times to roll back around. It can be hard but you have to be positive. Your two little boys should be a big enough reason to ride it out. It's easy for us to say to hang in there, but do all you can to turn things around for your kids sake. Going through tough times makes the good times even better.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    All I can think of is my two little boys.

I've pretty much had it with everyone and everything in my life.
    you have given us two amazing reasons your two boys focus on them, and seek professional help for the bad stuff give these guys a call Lifeline's 24 hour crisis line on 13 11 14

All the best mate I hope things turn around for you.

I'm really trying but things just keep getting harder and harder for me. I work so hard and do so much for other people and all I get is **** in return.

I'm still trying to get a motor for my ute and I had found one in Charters Towers. Paid the guy a deposit of $500 and now yesterday when the motor is supposed to have been loaded onto a road train he didn't show and now won't answer any calls or messages. This is just one of many issues I'm trying to deal with at present. Other's include a chronic illness, a client base that keeps dwindling despite the qualityof work I do, which most of you have seen pics of on here, and a partner who is angry all the time and who spends more time with a friend of hers than she does me.

Mate....come here and sit down with me and have a yarn. Life wasn't meant to be easy. If it was nobody would kick the bucket. I trully believe that life tests you every step of the way and what doesn't kills you makes you a stronger and better person. Sure your having some troubles BUT you can get through them. Use them to learn. Make sure you do things differently next time but above all else do not EVER give up. Even when you think your having the blackest day there is always someone else out there doing it tougher.

Mate you have done the right thing asking us for help. Lets works through your problems one by one and see if we can work out a solution for them. It is always better to take on adversity head on then running away and hiding.

So what is the first issue you want to discuss.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Chin up Paul, don't do anything silly, your kids mate thats all you need to think of, they need you mate and you need them thats all you need the rest will work itself out.

Give Beyond Blue a call they can help www.beyondblue.org.au is the website.

Paul, firstly you need to know that there are people out there who can help you. Go and see your GP (ask for a long appointment), lay it all on the line and ask for a mental health plan. Once you have the mental health plan in place it will entitle you to see professionals such as psychologists and it will be covered by Medicare which will help when money is tight.

In order to get the most out of it, you have to be completely honest and upfront with your doctor. I know that men can tend to bottle things up, put on a brave face and in that way can be their own worst enemies.

When the black dog of depression hits you it can seem like you are in a pit so deep that you can never see the light or climb back out but you CAN, with professional help.

You have those boys and you are their father, they love you unconditionally and need you in their lives for as long as possible, long enough to watch them grow and guide them to adulthood, watch them have kids of their own and bounce those grandkids on your knee. If you were to do something drastic now, their lives will never be the same. Ever.

Depression is a horrible thing and not just for the sufferer, often those around have no idea what's going on and just see this person who is different that the one they know, a person who is withdrawn all the time because the focus with depression is always inwards. If, like most people you aren't sharing this with your partner then perhaps she doesn't understand why you have pulled away from her and it has made her angry....this may explain why she's spending so much time with her girlfriend...to get the support she needs to try and understand without having the benefit of the full story of what is going on with you.

Can you ask a relative to take the boys one evening so you and your partner can spend some time talking. Be really honest with her about how you feel. Reassure her that it's nothing she has done or not done. Ask her to help you get through it, together.

The the first available opportunity go and see your doctor, take that first step on the road to recovery.

In the meantime try http://www.menshealthaustralia.net

Even though you may not see it now, there is light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes you just need someone to help you through until you can see it.
    ~ Joanne ~

you have lots of support .............you gave the 2 best reasons yourself !!!!!! if you need to talk inbox me an I will call you gone thru some **** in my life as well.......lots of life experience in this forum mate

not good paul g ....but theres some good avise on her for ya especialy from ms hms ... ive lost a few mates from depresion one day there , next day gone and the torment it placed on there kids and family due to them taking the live wasnt good .. your abouve that and have spoken up about your feelings etc and how you fill = your severl steps abouve there stage = you can beat it mate ... you can even take your self to a 24 hour hospital to have a chat to a doctor or even local 24 hr police station and have a chat , .. just think of those young kids mate .. fuuck work and such mate , just put your self and kids first ...

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Been thinking the sme thing myself for a while paul just kee thinking of my kids and hope things pull through. Im sure things will get better but for a while there everytime i thought that they got worse. Good luck mate and remember suicide is a permant solution to a tempory problem.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Because you are a long time dead. Once they screw down the lid you cannot change your mind. Sometimes thing improve, better to take the chance on improvement then bet that things will get worse.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast