Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Tow behind slashers

Default Tow behind slashers

Has anybody had anything to do with these tow behind slashers?

http://www.fieldquip.com.au/index.ph...tegory_id=1567

I am thinking about getting one to tow behind the ZTR instead of flogging the ring out of my poor old mower through overgrown crap. Also If it's possible to be off set and towed to increase my overall cutting width on some of my bigger jobs by 54 inches. I might get the local shooting range, all 23 acres of it ! 114 inches vs 60 inches.

I could then buy a 4 wheeler and claim it on tax

Default Re: Tow behind slashers

Something like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR2-J...eature=related

I think the problem with towing it with an ATV is that they are too fast and there is the danger of overheating them if you go too slow for long periods of time.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmow View Post
    Also If it's possible to be off set and towed to increase my overall cutting width on some of my bigger jobs by 54 inches. I might get the local shooting range, all 23 acres of it ! 114 inches vs 60 inches.
    Easily the best thing like this ive seen! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx4dNqtKjJo

Has anybody had anything to do with these tow behind slashers?

http://www.fieldquip.com.au/index.ph...tegory_id=1567

I am thinking about getting one to tow behind the ZTR instead of flogging the ring out of my poor old mower through overgrown crap. Also If it's possible to be off set and towed to increase my overall cutting width on some of my bigger jobs by 54 inches. I might get the local shooting range, all 23 acres of it ! 114 inches vs 60 inches.

I could then buy a 4 wheeler and claim it on tax
    I would not be to comfortable with towing behind a ZTR myself, extra drag and weight on the hydro's would worry me, doesn't look to heavy though.
    South Coast Mowing & Gardening Services
    www.southcoastmowing.com

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCoast Walker View Post
    I would not be to comfortable with towing behind a ZTR myself, extra drag and weight on the hydro's would worry me, doesn't look to heavy though.
    Thats a BIG X2! Dragging over saplings, rocks, slopes and general long thick grass will put a huge strain on the hydro system!

If your getting a lot of slash type jobs, maybe look into a small tractor with 3pt hitch. Or spend mega money and get an out front with a flail deck.

Something like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR2-J...eature=related

I think the problem with towing it with an ATV is that they are too fast and there is the danger of overheating them if you go too slow for long periods of time.
    You can get thermostatic fans fitted which fix this. I've done thousands of hours at constant slow speed, spraying burrs & woody weeds and poking behind mobs of sheep & cattle with no probs. Just change the oil frequently.
    We always used the 5 speed gearbox models rather than the progressive transmissions like polaris and some Honda models.

I have a 70 HP John Deere tractor and 6 foot slasher, It's just the problem of transporting it to the job. I thought one of those would solve that problem. But I agree and it would probably pay to check the towing capacity of my mower first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Thats a BIG X2! Dragging over saplings, rocks, slopes and general long thick grass will put a huge strain on the hydro system!

If your getting a lot of slash type jobs, maybe look into a small tractor with 3pt hitch. Or spend mega money and get an out front with a flail deck.

Sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    You can get thermostatic fans fitted which fix this. I've done thousands of hours at constant slow speed, spraying burrs & woody weeds and poking behind mobs of sheep & cattle with no probs. Just change the oil frequently.
    We always used the 5 speed gearbox models rather than the progressive transmissions like polaris and some Honda models.