Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stihl HS 45

Default Re: Stihl HS 45

Hey scoop check this new hs45 its only 21cc and lighter compared to the 27cc
    http://www.stihl.com.au/Products/pro...m?iModelID=689

Hence why the hs45 is cheper know then last year because there is the new modelc out

lol so true.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_C2HJvtRDY
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Good radio adverdicemt for your bussiness ha ha

Yah scoob not bat a lot louder than the other but heaps lighter swapt the crapy hpw for it so not bad...

2012-01-03 15.12.43.jpg

my honeymoon period with my hs45 is over! bloody thing is being a ***** to start. it doesnt seem to be priming properly. anyone else had this problem? once its going its all good though

How old is it...Try new primer bulb

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    my honeymoon period with my hs45 is over! bloody thing is being a ***** to start. it doesnt seem to be priming properly. anyone else had this problem? once its going its all good though
    Welcome to the world of stihl buggars to start but once there they r great. Check fuel, spark plug, filter, as Impala said primer bulb usually for me 2 primes choke and she will start with two or 3 go's.

Geez Impala you've got the trifecta there mate nice set up u must be doing a lot of hedges.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    same problem with my blower = primer bulb couldnt even get qauter full etc and ran **** house , turned out to be one of the fuel lines had stretched where thay conect with the male lugs attached to the tank and was picking up air , also check the primer bulb make sure its firm but plyable as impala said ....

its only a month old.

have checked spark plug and the same fuel runs the blower fine. service shop isnt taking in any more repair work at the mo as they are snowed under. ill try to check out the fuel ines

take it back.................if its the same work shop you brought it from tell them your not waiting and will contact stihl head office ..

thats a 4 hour drive. local shop didnt have them on special so i bought it when i was on a weekend break. so i guess i'll learn something fixing it

Yah take it back they will look after you...This model is know to be hart to start...

No is much as I would scoob got like got 7 manacured hedges they look that good after your like hes the best but get sick of doing feral hedges you look back on it look like **** the owners to care no pride in that type of work...

I never prime my Stihl blower or whippy.
    With the FS85 at the start of the day I flick the choke to full open,max 3 rips on the pull start and she's away,then flick the choke back to running position. After that she starts first or second pull every time no choke.
    BG86 First up in the morning I turn to full choke and same again 3 rips and she's away. Occasionally through the day I might have to use half choke but not very often.

And I don't service these farkers,only grease points on the whippy.If they run good don't fark with em I say.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

STIHL is actually German for hard to start... Just joking all my stihl gear runs great. When I was due for a new handheld blower I bought the bg86 after reading courtys reveiw it is without a doubt the best handheld blower.. I tried one of those pope blowers that everyone raves about one of my clients bought one. The difference is like comparing a kia to a merc no contest.

Kathryn i forgot to ask has it been very hot where u live when u had the troubles?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast