Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Lawn mower do you use

Default Which Lawn mower do you use

There are so many diferent types of mowers lawnies are using these days.
    it used to be everyone had a Honda.
    But Honda seem to be going to the dump these days.

Self propelled or pushy?

Ive got the HRU196D pushy and the S/P Proscape which both do their job well.
    Just a thought , what does everyone swear by?

Ill be looking at upgrading in July this year but realy not too sure what the get.
    Your thoughts?

Default Re: Which Lawn mower do you use

2 Honda 216's here done thousands of lawns never a problem

Very Helpful Member

1 x196 ,3 x197 and a proscape 20"sp happy with all of them but prefer the 197's over the 196 as there a bit lighter hoping these will last until Honda get there act together or someone else brings out a better mower
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I use mowers that have a seat and two levers. .

I'm gonna sell my push mowers and keep one or two for my yard. I only have one push mow job left and they are skating on thin ice.

Current Honda's are too heavy and have some stupid design flaws, but are there any decent alternatives?

I still say we come up with our own design and sell it ourselves.

What do i use earlier Honda's before they co*ked them up.

Im still fresh from the womb but im stoked with my new 22" sp rover 560. Cuts nice, mulches well, catches like a biatch (seriously if everyone reckons the proscapes fill the catcher better than any other mower i wouldnt want one coz im 6'3" 130kgs and I train for MMA and I have to carry the catcher with both hands!) starts first pull and best for me has a longer handle than most so is great on my back. only downsides so far would be is a touch heavy but ive got ramps now and is also a little slow on the walk. having not used a sp before when i first used it i thought What are these guys on about, i was going way faster than if i was pushing it but I realised after a while because your not pushing there is less strain on your legs so once your into your stride you feel like you could go a bit faster. in saying that im tall and walk pretty fast naturally so for a smaller bloke it might be sweet.

I use a cheap 19" masport president 5000, as it only mows one lawn a week. Most of the time l use a walker

Hi
    I use a Big Bob mower. 21 inch side discharge pushy. I really like it.Bob can/does mow 4 to 6 inch high kikuya.My customers consider fortnightly regular! Only one has asked for catching.I just said my mower doesn't catch you will have to get someone else. they were happy with the side discharge result.
    Cheers
    hjl

4 honda 216`s, 3 rover pushies, rover ranger rider and husqvarna r18 rider...phew !! out of these the 216 & husqvarna rider are most used at the moment....the rovers are old and for rough clean up jobs & back ups ect..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    4 honda 216`s, 3 rover pushies, rover ranger rider and husqvarna r18 rider...phew !! out of these the 216 & husqvarna rider are most used at the moment....the rovers are old and for rough clean up jobs & back ups ect..
    G'day Simo How has the huskie rider been going for you?

Member Gremlins Property Services's Avatar

Honda HRU216M1 and a Toro 22" Personal Pace.
    Dean & Michelle Hicks
    Owner/Operator Gremlins Property Services
    Townsville and Surrounding Areas

Quote Originally Posted by C.O.R.Y.S View Post
    Im still fresh from the womb but im stoked with my new 22" sp rover 560. Cuts nice, mulches well, catches like a biatch (seriously if everyone reckons the proscapes fill the catcher better than any other mower i wouldnt want one coz im 6'3" 130kgs and I train for MMA and I have to carry the catcher with both hands!) starts first pull and best for me has a longer handle than most so is great on my back. only downsides so far would be is a touch heavy but ive got ramps now and is also a little slow on the walk. having not used a sp before when i first used it i thought What are these guys on about, i was going way faster than if i was pushing it but I realised after a while because your not pushing there is less strain on your legs so once your into your stride you feel like you could go a bit faster. in saying that im tall and walk pretty fast naturally so for a smaller bloke it might be sweet.
    Hi CORYS
    i am interested in the Rover 560 and have been following your comments so far. I was wondering how it copes with going slow for long grass as it seems to only have 1 gear. I believe you use the clutch but is that ok for large areas eg an overgrown lawn?
    Cheers
    Dave
    Dynamow Lawnmowing
    www.dynamow.net.au

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamow View Post
    Hi CORYS
    i am interested in the Rover 560 and have been following your comments so far. I was wondering how it copes with going slow for long grass as it seems to only have 1 gear. I believe you use the clutch but is that ok for large areas eg an overgrown lawn?
    Cheers
    Dave
    for over grown yards i have a green field ipd slasher best 300 bucks i ever spent.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamow View Post
    Hi CORYS
    Cheers
    Dave
    You can feather the clutch handle a little to slow it down but ive tried to avoid that as im wary of what it will do to the disc. I also noticed what your doing with the clippings has a big effect. using the catcher it powers through anything but as soon as its full or if your using the mulching plug and the deck fills up any build up of clippings back on the blades drags the revs down pretty quick. if were gonna use it for cleans ups regularly id invest in the rear discharge chute which looks a really good bit of kit but at 100 bucks is pretty pricey. that or like tender said invest in a strong slasher mower but as a finishing mower im very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bgs View Post
    G'day Simo How has the huskie rider been going for you?
    im very interested in this also. pretty keen on the awd 21 but not sure due to the price and no one seems to know how they go. watched a few videos on youtube and with the flail attachment it looks the goods to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast