Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: people hub(direct debit)

Default Re: people hub(direct debit)

Quote Originally Posted by glassngrass View Post
    I believe you can complete the transaction using your smart phone - no forms for each client/transaction!
    Is this correct David or am I reading you wrong. You can set up a direct debit for a client without having them sign off on it somehow?
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    3 weeks try 6 weeksim sometimes on the third and fourth mow had oe due friday would have been fourth mow since payment went there today no one home will be there on monday being public holiday i want $200 out of her and one of the direct debit forms filled out or she will no longer be a customer.

Thing that really pisses me off is the pensioners who can barley afford it pay me cash often half way through doing the job the rich ones take forever. I had a ex member of parliment who's wife is a barrister and getting payment from them took forever 13 weeks one time.
    I reckon you need to get a bit harder on them Tender. If they haven't paid for the last service don't do the next one until they do maybe. Get a bit tougher and explain to them you need the cash flow. They will either get with the program or go somewhere else. Either way you won't have to worry
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    3 weeks try 6 weeksim sometimes on the third and fourth mow had oe due friday would have been fourth mow since payment went there today no one home will be there on monday being public holiday i want $200 out of her and one of the direct debit forms filled out or she will no longer be a customer.

Thing that really pisses me off is the pensioners who can barley afford it pay me cash often half way through doing the job the rich ones take forever. I had a ex member of parliment who's wife is a barrister and getting payment from them took forever 13 weeks one time.
    Know the feeling, I have 2 older ladies(lawns r together),both in housing.. id be 5 mins in on the snipper and they are running out to pay me, the guy that owes me.. the house in which I do for him they actually inherited..

Its a joke really.
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

There are the busy professionals who overlook payments and would welcome the opportunity to automate this.

This is unlikely to improve the belligerent who were wanting to evade paying - but refusal to approve direct debit might help to identify these ones sooner.

Of course, direct deposit to your bank is best outcome, but for those that need regular reminders, then direct debit could be the solution.

Some services such as Mint and SunCorp provide a mobile card swipe machine
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

I get a few using the PayMate gateway I have on my webpage.
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Is this correct David or am I reading you wrong. You can set up a direct debit for a client without having them sign off on it somehow?
    I think youd have to have them sign up and get their bank details to start with but then for each transaction you can zap it through maybe? id be concerned with what happens if a customer disputes a payment. maybe have to take dated before and after pics each time you do the job to prove the work has been done. also what are you going to do if the customer says no?

I get a few using the PayMate gateway I have on my webpage.
    Got the same on my website now, does that cost em extra bluey?..or does it cost me?
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Quote Originally Posted by brettly View Post
    Got the same on my website now, does that cost em extra bluey?..or does it cost me?
    Depends on how you set it up. You can absorb the costs or charge them. I charge them. Just had a look at yours mate. You are currently paying all fees
    Cheers

Bluey

Like a few of the others have said,I don't see the bad payers signing up for this,why would they,they're bad payers for a reason(no money & to lazy to do their own lawn). Give em the arse,no good working for nothing.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Hey Tender this service from PayMate may help you. It is basically a reminder to the client to pay you. If you are really regular with them it could be an advantage to you

http://www.paymate.com/cms/index.php...259&Itemid=222
    Cheers

Bluey

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

So how does this all work. Your client has to sign up for a direct debit with this mob and they then take the money out of thier account. Is that it.

Hate to say it but if they are slack at paying now I don't think they will come at a direct debit. I hate direct debits and only use them for major things such as house payments etc. I really can't see a lot of people going for direct debit for thier lawns. But you never know.
    The company gave me a form whhich i got 100 printed customers fill it in and I put the details on the people hub secure program and when i mow there place after i get home i direct debit it. It is the way of the future and a lot of companys wont deal with you unless you have a direct debit. So far have one customer reply saying they didnt want to do it but there not normally a bad payer so im not to worried the one i mentioned before paid me up to date and two in advance. So its up to them they can pay in advance or direct debit cause im ovr not having my money.

The chick today said i dont want people having my bank account details. I thought but didnt say it to her but the details are on the bottom of her check and they all expect me to give them mine.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Direct Debit DOES require a signed form that is faxed or emailed to your DD processing facility - even then, a client can cancel at any time by contacting you/direct debit processor or their bank.

Mint, Suncorp and others that supply a hand-help eftpos machine - their pin or signature on a slip IS the authority - there is no form.

While eftpos machines might cost you a little more - you got greater security with charge-backs much less likely, also funds cleared to you much quicker
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Tell me a bit more about Mint David. What are the costs to the contractor.
    Cheers

Bluey

I do not have the details of their rates, but believe their is a setup fee, a monthly access fee, and per transaction your rates could be around 55 cents + 0.98%

Some franchises have negotiated nil setup and no monthly fees for first year.
    Perhaps INDI would consider becoming a reseller.
    They could then gain both another income stream, also access to some preferential rates for members?

Call Mint on 1300 761 811
    http://mintpayments.com/
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12