Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: people hub(direct debit)

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Default people hub(direct debit)

I signed up today with this mob they do direct debits from peoples bank accounts or credit cards. No more waiting and seee if a customer is going to pay you and when mow there yard and then automaticaly direct debit there account.

Has anyone else done this sort of thing?
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Default Re: people hub(direct debit)

Quote Originally Posted by Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden View Post
    I signed up today with this mob they do direct debits from peoples bank accounts or credit cards. No more waiting and seee if a customer is going to pay you and when mow there yard and then automaticaly direct debit there account.

Has anyone else done this sort of thing?
    havn't done it myself.. but...

do you have to pay a commission to do this? % or flat rate.

What happens if they dont have money in the bank? you dont get yours and they get an overdrawn fee?

sounds good in theory but i would closely monitor their costs and ensure you are getting value for money. Make sure if you pay fees to them, dont do it with your good payers as you know oyu will get the money anyway so no point giving a bit to this mob for nothing.

Yea, id be reading the fine print..just 4 the mere fact that the money might not be there..would save the delays tho.
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

geez i wouldnt be paying a fee for a 45 buck withdrawal , why cant the customer just direct deposit , surely there wouldnt be too many that would require ripping money out of their account and if they were short they get a penality and if its like a bounced cheque you would get one too ....like the theory though but in practice not sure..if in doubt get money up front..simple

I have heaps of customers taking forever to pay. I havent paid myself for three weeks cause waiting on money from other people. The prices arn't bad at all.

No Set-up fee
    No Additional faliure fee
    No Monthly fee

Bank Account
    $0.88 per transaction *

Visa and Mastercard
    $0.88 + 1.8% per transaction

Amex and Diners Club
    $0.88 + 4.4% per transaction

SMS
    $0.33 per SMS

It means people dont go ill pay that latter than forget about it untill i have to start ringing and emailing them. There lawns mowed then the next day the payments gone straight out of there account and if they dont have the funds and they get overdrawn fee thats there problem at least i would have been paid.

We've sometimes been asked if we take credit cards, but I don't want to have to be part of the extra costs associated with that form of payment, so I don't think I'd opt for this.
    Most of our income is done via direct deposit into our bank account - we either leave a slip in their letterbox with the day's details, text the info to their mobile, or post it in invoice format (esp for commercial customers).
    We also accept cheques, but that means a trip to our financial institution to bank them, so we try to tie that in with banking our cash as well.
    It's all about cost-minimisation wherever possibile.
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner ~ Townsville Lawn Care
    http://townsvillelawncare.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Wharton View Post
    We've sometimes been asked if we take credit cards, but I don't want to have to be part of the extra costs associated with that form of payment, so I don't think I'd opt for this.
    Most of our income is done via direct deposit into our bank account - we either leave a slip in their letterbox with the day's details, text the info to their mobile, or post it in invoice format (esp for commercial customers).
    We also accept cheques, but that means a trip to our financial institution to bank them, so we try to tie that in with banking our cash as well.
    It's all about cost-minimisation wherever possibile.
    I email most customers there invoices some i leave it in there mail box but im sure like me you have many customers that take there time to pay there invoice and some that never do.

a lot of the regular oness start out good then they start getting behind. when your mowing there place and they already have 3 invoice owing you start thinking thats $200 you have outstanding to one customer. if you had all fifty odd customers like that you would have 10 000 outstanding.

During this time of year as welll a lot of people think i wont pay my mowing bill as i am going oon holidays and ill pay it when i get back that has happened to me heaps this fortnight and now there back i guess they got no money and guess who will wait till there back more financial.

had one the other day rang her asking her where her money was and she reckons she has moved house and not paying the 150 she owes me. I think it is just a story cause if she has moved she left the outdooor furniture there and the kids toys. Now if i was automaticly taking her payments she would have advised me straight away and if she didn't i would still be getting pay.

Apart from the small cost of which 88c is nothing i cant see any disadvantages to it. The cost of late payments on telephone bills ($19) or loans is a lot more than that.

Plus we have to carry the price of the fuel and wages till they decide to send there money.

All the big buisness such as austar, optus, isurance companys, finance comanys do it so why cant shouldnt we.

I dunno tender, if u have been waiting 3 wks to getting paid from some of ur customers, you know wot id be doin. I have one guy who has elected to pay mthly(2 lawns), emailed bill on the 23rd of this mth, due 1st may..still nothin as yet, 3rd time its happend, and it pisses me OFF.
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Quote Originally Posted by brettly View Post
    I dunno tender, if u have been waiting 3 wks to getting paid from some of ur customers, you know wot id be doin. I have one guy who has elected to pay mthly(2 lawns), emailed bill on the 23rd of this mth, due 1st may..still nothin as yet, 3rd time its happend, and it pisses me OFF.
    3 weeks try 6 weeksim sometimes on the third and fourth mow had oe due friday would have been fourth mow since payment went there today no one home will be there on monday being public holiday i want $200 out of her and one of the direct debit forms filled out or she will no longer be a customer.

Thing that really pisses me off is the pensioners who can barley afford it pay me cash often half way through doing the job the rich ones take forever. I had a ex member of parliment who's wife is a barrister and getting payment from them took forever 13 weeks one time.

My rules are if they are 2 mows behind,no money no mow,Unless they have an arrangement with me for monthly payment and I only offer that to my very best payers.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I got rates (I can share with you) with Ezi-debit. Very similar to what is quoted above.
    The 88c bank fee, or 1.43% credit card charge can added to client cost, or absorbed by you - depends how you set it up.
    There is a three business day delay between client being charged, and you getting your money - just in case the funds weren't there to take and their bank dishonors it.
    For most of you, I would instead recommend another option - Mint
    Mint have been the preferred supply to one unknown (!) franchise for some time, and offer rates as low as $0.55 + 0.98% per transaction. I believe you can complete the transaction using your smart phone - no forms for each client/transaction!

Would love to see INDI negotiating with suppliers on behalf of members for preferred rates.
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Very Helpful Member

and don't forget these are costs and should be tax deductible
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    and don't forget these are costs and should be tax deductible
    Yeah they defantly will be put as costs and go towards my gst.

So how does this all work. Your client has to sign up for a direct debit with this mob and they then take the money out of thier account. Is that it.

Hate to say it but if they are slack at paying now I don't think they will come at a direct debit. I hate direct debits and only use them for major things such as house payments etc. I really can't see a lot of people going for direct debit for thier lawns. But you never know.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast