Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Now that's lucky if it had been me it wouldn't have been found until the day after I had started using the new one I had bought
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

The old one is actually better to use than the new one. Not as high to lift the blocks, and the wood debris can fall away easier from the bed/ram. The new one tends to clog up with splinters etc.

I've always loved the Kohler Command Pro engine. Can leave it out in the weather for ages and then go out on a cold winters morning and give it one pull and away it goes.

This episode, it was laying on it's side for a month, half buried in mud and had about 5" of rain on it. When I got it home, cleaned up and upright, one pull & it fired right up.

IMG_20220423_214903rs.jpg

Interesting. That new one looks exactly like my supaswift 30T splitter with chinese engine.. it was tempting to buy a log processor which lifts cuts splits and conveys.

Hello boys and girls ..things that me happy is I started this very thread way back when lol , well after 35 years in the game and now 67 still going ..yep decided to keep going but only 4 days a week and what makes me happy is they are gold customers top end so I am very happy ..During covid I lost some big contracts but when the door closed another big door opened and now have several easy big clients that are good earners so I am going to keep going..What makes me happy is being active has kept me going Ive been fortunate to have good health and no issues as we speak ( knock on wood lol )missed this forum from the past and theres been good knowledge obtained but sadly its been very quiet .Several face book forums have developed like the Aussie lawn mowing forums heaps of posts plenty of banter and heaps of wankers hahahah but I must say this forum has some very good memories .
    Again I am happy and life is good ..hope all you people that are still alive here are well ..

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Hello boys and girls ..things that me happy is I started this very thread way back when lol , well after 35 years in the game and now 67 still going ..yep decided to keep going but only 4 days a week and what makes me happy is they are gold customers top end so I am very happy ..During covid I lost some big contracts but when the door closed another big door opened and now have several easy big clients that are good earners so I am going to keep going..What makes me happy is being active has kept me going Ive been fortunate to have good health and no issues as we speak ( knock on wood lol )missed this forum from the past and theres been good knowledge obtained but sadly its been very quiet .Several face book forums have developed like the Aussie lawn mowing forums heaps of posts plenty of banter and heaps of wankers hahahah but I must say this forum has some very good memories .
    Again I am happy and life is good ..hope all you people that are still alive here are well ..
    nice one mate!

Good one Geoff. I don't think I'll be doing 4 days a week if I get to 67. Slowing down already @ 62.

Shame this forum has gone quiet. I've been at this game for 12 years and not much I do seems to be interesting enough to need sharing anymore. I remember in the early days I couldn't get through a day without thinking 'I must tell/ask the peeps on the forum about this' And first thing after finishing work, make a coffee and read what you all have been up to.

Anyway, a client wanted an overgrown Monstera removed and some other trimming done.
    IMG_20220615_104458rs.jpg

On Wednesday I took almost 5 m of waste away and was left with the stump to dig out next day.

IMG_20220615_135331rs.jpg

So I turn up next day equipped with chains, crowbar, mattock etc, and here's a bobcat & operator at the property. He's putting in a gravel driveway and waiting for another truckload of roadbase.
    He was happy enough to dig/pull out the stump for me and load it onto my ute. It only took 5 minutes and as soon as he dropped it on my ute, his truck turned up with his roadbase. He wouldn't accept any $$ but saved me a heap of work. Had another hour chasing/digging roots but it cleaned up ok.

IMG_20220616_145256rs.jpg

nice work Ed nice when things goes your way for sure..Yeah really quiet miss those days when the forum was running hot...There is a Facebook forum called Lawn Mowing contractors ..australia lots of activity some good mainly bad ( wankers ) ... Theres been a lot of activity on u tube by gardeners from around the world good to get on them ...theres a bloke in Australia that has made a couple of goodies look under mcphees gardening in the search part of the utube page ...

nice work Ed nice when things goes your way for sure..Yeah really quiet miss those days when the forum was running hot...There is a Facebook forum called Lawn Mowing contractors ..australia lots of activity some good mainly bad ( wankers ) ... Theres been a lot of activity on u tube by gardeners from around the world good to get on them ...theres a bloke in Australia that has made a couple of goodies look under mcphees gardening in the search part of the utube page ...
    l was one of the founders of that FB page, dont go near it much anymore, as you say lots of wankers & expert newbies lol

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    l was one of the founders of that FB page, dont go near it much anymore, as you say lots of wankers & expert newbies lol
    Your so right it amazed me when you get newbies telling all how it works , and Us that have been around for the last 20 or 30 years get told what would we know hahaha yep steer clear, still reckon when this forum was running hot it was great ,fair share of odd balls but hey thats what makes the world go around..
    Maybe we could get it cranked up again lol now where's John SE mowing he was a good stir lol all good !!!

Dont do FB personally or business and never will. As you say Geoff, too many wankers and FIGJAMs
    Id like to see the forum cranked up again so how do we get it going..?

Btw, I subscribe to McPhees gardening on YT. Hes a ripper bloke and has some really good stuff without the BS.

Been meaning to give him a call at some stage just to say gidday..

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I joined that page a while ago because this place is so quite , I rarely post anything , but as you say you get all these new guys that know everything about everything and they have been in the game for a few months

Still around and still going at 69 check every so often to see what's happening here,did join FB mainly to see the fishing groups and did go into the mowing groups but lost interest as too many experts on there.cheers

There is another FB group we started before the one mentioned above, we kept it private, only 46 members. l just looked and it hasnt been posted on since last June

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    Dont do FB personally or business and never will. As you say Geoff, too many wankers and FIGJAMs
    Id like to see the forum cranked up again so how do we get it going..?

Btw, I subscribe to McPhees gardening on YT. Hes a ripper bloke and has some really good stuff without the BS.

Been meaning to give him a call at some stage just to say gidday..
    any time mate !

Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143