Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

It poured rain today

Gave my self an early marh to day or in Navy terms a makers. Had 2 big hedges and a little lawn to do so now I am home with a coldie. I am feeling poetic so heres a little ditty for you all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

OK.....................

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Did a pruning job this morning for a reg customer charge $65 and get given $100 and told not to give any change. I said thats too much at least let me give you back a 20 . No you came out in the rain and did the job when you said you would and it looks wonderful . Love clients like that .

Bluey's poetry makes me happy too

finished my Christmas light show for the grandkids now putting the final touches to the vid soon to be posted on utube...our 2 yr old grand boy is so excited about this and goes to bed listening to carols , he now sings many songs like jingle bell rock , white Christmas, jingle bells and learning many more...i am so looking forward to this christmas as my grand boys are driving me to set up the great light show..took two weeks to set up and looks great...just love this time of the year and sometimes i say to customers that treat me wrong ...go away lol....life is GOOD

That's a pretty good deal Glenno. I did a hedging job on Friday in pouring rain up and down ladders. Stop start stop start etc etc. Took four hours to do a 2.5 hour job. Client says I hope your not going to charge more for all the extra time you took. Naturally I wasn't going to but couldn't believe the client had to make a point of it. People are different.

At loooooooong last !!!!!!! Got a storm last night - 80mm. Another one up on the tablelands building up now. Hope it comes our way again.

Gumtree has made me happy lately. Two weeks ago I scored a Honda 216 , the older model without the blade brake, for $500. Now before you say to much to pay, its on its second set of blades ,it is like a new one. The guy had the snorkel off the newer model fitted to it , then used it on his own place for about 8 months he said then he moved house, the thing has been in storage for a few years, so I changed the oil and she runs great.
    Then yesterday I scored a coffee machine, I posted a while ago about coffee machines, and after much research did nothing and stayed with the capsule machine. Anyway I am always looking ,and a saeco exprelia evo came up, they are nearly 2 grand new, the person that owns this one is a rep for the company and was given the machine as a bonus, I scored it for $750 not a bad saving , so an early Christmas present to myself.. happy

Lost a client today, and with in 5 minutes had two calls for quotes and picked them both up as regular's. works out to be less work aswell

Able to organise a competent offsider to help manage the xmas rush.
    Had enough of working 8-days a week.

Hopefully I'm getting hooked up to NBN Fixed Wireless on Friday. Got a good introductory deal with Telstra for 50GB data and a home phone & equipment.

As long as I can get a decent signal from the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by edbeek View Post
    Hopefully I'm getting hooked up to NBN Fixed Wireless on Friday. Got a good introductory deal with Telstra for 50GB data and a home phone & equipment.

As long as I can get a decent signal from the tower.

Telstra....you will be sorry....shoot yourself now
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Ha Bluey. I've been with them forever, because there was no other choice.
    I've never had a problem with them.

Rocked up to a job today, noticed theres been a bobcat doing some work, pile of mulch etc. Ok, nothing new. There always doing something.
    Anyway, proceed to trim and noticed theyve pulled a heap of long runners of Kykuyu out of the gardens and thrown them onto the lawn. One or 2 small ones sure, I'll chop them up but this had to be a wheel barrow full.
    I kick the cr@p back onto the garden. Ive asked them nicely not to do that before!
    Continue to edge around the back, look up and theres a grey water hose going half across the lawn. No biggy, just move it. Well, the bobcat had piled cr@p all over an end and its too tight to move it out of the way. Ok, figure a little extra trim but then, theres a trampoline there as well. I have to stop and think for 5 mins on a way to negotiate all this with the rider. Ok, just do it, move the trampoline twice, trim out further for the hose bla bla.
    Continue around, look up and half the friggin lawns been dug up, planter boxes here n there etc. Im like WHAT, THE FARK! I seriously should of walked away right then but no, had 20min in trimming involved and Im gonna get my friggin $100.
    Just did what I could!

So yes, this is a grumpy post in the Happy thread! The happy bit comes now..... THEY ARE DROPPED! Along with the stuck up, free range chicken loving, can I move the wave ski so I can trim under it first world problem parents in law(a separate property). Thats another story!

DROPPED!

That makes me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Rocked up to a job today, noticed theres been a bobcat doing some work, pile of mulch etc. Ok, nothing new. There always doing something.
    Anyway, proceed to trim and noticed theyve pulled a heap of long runners of Kykuyu out of the gardens and thrown them onto the lawn. One or 2 small ones sure, I'll chop them up but this had to be a wheel barrow full.
    I kick the cr@p back onto the garden. Ive asked them nicely not to do that before!
    Continue to edge around the back, look up and theres a grey water hose going half across the lawn. No biggy, just move it. Well, the bobcat had piled cr@p all over an end and its too tight to move it out of the way. Ok, figure a little extra trim but then, theres a trampoline there as well. I have to stop and think for 5 mins on a way to negotiate all this with the rider. Ok, just do it, move the trampoline twice, trim out further for the hose bla bla.
    Continue around, look up and half the friggin lawns been dug up, planter boxes here n there etc. Im like WHAT, THE FARK! I seriously should of walked away right then but no, had 20min in trimming involved and Im gonna get my friggin $100.
    Just did what I could!

So yes, this is a grumpy post in the Happy thread! The happy bit comes now..... THEY ARE DROPPED! Along with the stuck up, free range chicken loving, can I move the wave ski so I can trim under it first world problem parents in law(a separate property). Thats another story!

DROPPED!

That makes me happy!
    That's the way Mick. Know how you feel. Turn up today and there is a friggen boat parked in the middle of the lawn. And that is where it will stay probably for years. It's gunna look crap and make life more difficult, know how you feel. Hate it when people plonk pot plants everywhere on the friggen lawn.

Page 105 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast