Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all at Indy.

Cheers
    hjl

I copped my worst day ever for my last day today, but I'm happy now that it's over.
    Had plans of driving to Brisbane before daylight in the morning, but I cbf unloading the vehicle this evening. Will dribble down there through the day sometime.
    Back on deck Sunday.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Only four jobs on today and the last one is 5 mins from home. The client I know well works in the mines. Said make mine the last for the day and we will have a couple of beers. Cant argue with that. Having Xmas eve off to potter around.
    Same for me bluey,was finished by lunch. Done my place,emptied out all the gear from the ute and packed away for a bit,got my daughter to wash the ute whilst I watched and had a beer. Shouted myself a new 10ft mal for Xmas so off to Yamba on boxing day for a bit to give her a run and have a few drinkies with my brother.
    Have a Happy and safe Xmas people.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Merry Christmas To all, I had a nine hour day today hobling around with a bad case of chaffing but got it all done and am done for the year

Had a great day some lovely gifts for me and the kids, I have a customer that is $155 a visit he gave me a pressie and card and asked me to add a little extra to the bill and make sure I have increased my price when I'm back again in two weeks time as he appreciates all I do gotta love that gave me a lift on a long hot day.

Enjoy a safe christmas everyone,all home jobs done fridge stocked grandkids bikes built and placed under the tree with mountain of other stuff ( manly for the grandkids)...i am pretty happy now just cooking the pork for tomorrow and and having some coldies....hanging loose waiting for santa to come tonight...
    Great to be part of a great forum and good knowledgeable blokes to converse with......lets all have a terrific year in 2015

Same to you Geoff and the rest of you bastards
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Same to you Geoff and the rest of you bastards
    Got me thinking
    Next year we should bring back Aido,Imp,Happy,Beetle,etc,etc.
    Just to spice it up a little
    Merry Xmas for the forth time.
    Cheers Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's mowing View Post
    Got me thinking
    Next year we should bring back Aido,Imp,Happy,Beetle,etc,etc.
    Just to spice it up a little
    Merry Xmas for the forth time.
    Cheers Fred.
    I heard they have all teamed up and started a new cult run by Simmo
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

I heard simmo, being a marketing expert, has invested all his money and time trying to be the new mark zuckerburg by creating "grassbook" ...facebook for lawnies ...of course, that could just be my farked up imagination lol
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Hey Bgs, nappy rash cream is my best friend at this time of the year !!!!!! As soon as you feel the chaffing start, put some on straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    I heard they have all teamed up and started a new cult run by Simmo
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Member of forum only grasshopping's Avatar

Okay, who wants good laugh at this one. Mark goes to a local shopping centre this afternoon in his work gear(has our logo and phone no. on back of high vis polo). Some guy pulls him up to ask if he does pruning and rubbish removal( I won't say what nationality). Yes I do was marks reply. How much would it be. I don't know until I have a look. BUT CAN YOU GIVE ME AN APPROXIMATE PRICE. OKAY SO YOU WANT AN APPROXIMATE. $1000 SITE UNSEEN. BUT CAN YOU COME TODAY OR TOMORROW. NO I CAN'T, IT'S NEW YEARS DAY. SO WHAT IF IT'S NEW YEARS DAY. The conversation ended with Mark walking away saying to a staff member in bigw who witnessed the whole conversation. BLOODY STUPID I...........S. That put a smile on the staff members face.

I can just imagine Mark's face during the conversation.

Gave ultimatum to customer yesterday. "I'll do it this time but from now on fortnightly!" She'll get back to me!!!! It will cost her like $25/fortnight more. Drives a brand new Range Rover, not short of coin, big house etc.
    Makes me happy because I couldnt care less if I get dropped or not!
    This was 2 mths between cuts but was drought for one of those. Its usually once a month $150 (40mins) so I'll make it $100/fortnight (30mins). I just said it will go from a horse paddock to a lawn and that Ive downsized. If she wants me to do it from now on it has to be regular and I need a key to the gate....
    http://youtu.be/cZXm2PicJ18?list=UUY...HkqgRFLbcdGSgQ

Property right after that one, customer comes out and says "wow, looks great considering how long it was." She offered for me to do it weekly until it slows down, just mow on the off week. Perfect! I'll have a vid of that place up, hopefully tomorrow.

Got a call from one of the tenants of a rental I just dropped. She wants the owners number! Makes me happy because by not giving it to her is like a giving her the middle finger. (keep it clean! ha) She was a PITA and the owner cant find anyone to replace me. Tenant would be pizzed off about the hundred or so palm fronds laying around! Farkin mole! Feral kids leaving rocks, toys etc etc all over the lawn all the time. She was pizzed with me recently because I didnt clean up the gardens that her chickens screwed up! I told her, shes responsible for the chickens, not me or the owner! I could go on but lets just say, Im VERY happy not to deal with that cr@p any more!

Makes me grumpy that now I dont want the phone to ring, Im getting like 5 or 7 calls a day! Had 1 call this morning already, at 6.59am.
    Phone is left on silent now!

Good job Mick but that mossie at the end was huge. I tell all my customers when the lawns growing I will adjust the frequency of visits. I set this in concrete up front. Just the same as when it isnt I drop them back. If they dont want that I tell them they wont be treated as regulars and if they call wanting a job done I will treat it as a once off ie. more money and when it suits me to do it. Have a couple who are happy with that
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Page 108 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast