Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Always said you were a top bloke dean lol
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by imoww View Post
    I like the sound a Holden makes when it overtakes a Ford....Sounds like laughing....
    .................that's just the big ends knocking.

I prefer my Nissans - GQ Patrol & a 3.3 diesel 10 speed Cabstar twin cab - reliable as sunrise, simple as an axe.
    And my little "Tonka" (1981 Suzuki Carry ute - plenty of polished alloy, mint condition), 800cc of raw power - like driving a go-cart/formula 1, without breaking the speed limit. (and the under 25 girls love it - they all say the same thing - "it's sooooo CUTE !! "-can we take a photo with it ? ) It attracts 10x more babe attention than the MX5.
    Then there's the Delica - (big white rolling turd, white elephant, dunna - it's earned a few nicknames) it's a Mitsubishi so no surprise it's always giving trouble and has the running costs of a yacht.

Haven't owned a Ford or Holden for 25 years - just stirring the pot.

Motor vehicles - now there's something to make you either happy OR grumpy.
    "Can't" is a dirty 4 letter word.
    If someone says "Can't" , take the "T" off the end and brew it.
    Sip on a mugfull, relax, and take a look at what you've got left to work with.

Just scored tickets to Bluesfest this weekend in s radio comp,woohoo.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Took a few days off with the perfect weather last week to finish sealing my peachie colored concrete tiled roof whilst its still in good condition. Did it myself - rotten job to do.
    Did the roof clean Sept 2013. Started sealing Easter across to Anzac day last year, now finished and looking like new. Cost me a fortune in mineral based gloss sealer and roof cleaner.

Took thur/frid this week too, to enable a professional Security Mob to install a full IP 3MP CCTV and Paradox touch screen 9 Pir/Reed alarm system. Plus signed off and paid deposit on a new fancy carport for the Caravan.

Happy you bet as things are getting done that can distract one from daily Indy Stuff.

Then the misses leaves for work on Friday at 11.00am. Rings me to say she has Crashed her Yaris AGAIN. least she's OK
    I'd just be happy to find the money to get my hip-operation, oh and fix the rust in my trailer, update my gear to something newer, catch-up on my home loan and property rates, boys' school fees, the list goes on...

Hi Paul,

Enjoying life now as I never had a life in my past life due to work owning my soul 24/7. Career Mowing/Gardening will not provide the fruits in life one would hope to enjoy when the first strands of grey hair appear and beyond.
    Cheers Garry

I forgot I took this photo 4.5 years ago... I was and still Happy
    Last Brick.jpg
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Lol..cmon mate..you know you can't give it up all together ��..high demand for brickies now ..getting $1/brick and some.
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Lol Mate I can give it up and have,,, sick of the regulations and the mutant pit bulls you come across from time to time. I have a friend that is a project manager and they are paying $1.65 per brick he asked me to come back recently and I laughed at him, he was a brick y himself and said he thought I would say that. There is more money in this industry anyway with less headaches I recon Brett
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

did a final cleanup today for a deseased house sale. If i had of turned up an hour earlier I would have the pick of some tools and gardening equipment that had been sitting in a shed for yonks. The bloke said he was peeved off he had to dump it because he couldn't take it back to NZ. The only thing left was an old 6 metre wooden extension ladder. It's well made and still has the writing on it from the manufacture in Sydney and in pretty good nick so i am happy with that.

Spent the afternoon 'salvaging' some bee hives from a property owner wants to sell. I think someone (now deceased) used to look after them, but they have been 'abandoned' now for a few years and gave the real estate agent a bit of 'a buzz'
    A friend & I have now worked through half of them, taking off excess honey and getting boxes in fit state to move..

Result so far is about 50-60kg of 'stickies' to take to tomorrow with the electric heated knife to recover the honey.
    The bees did not appreciate the intrusion and got a bit 'antsy' delivering a couple of well placed 'jabs to the ear' through the protective gear.

Anyway makes me happy to spend a nice day in the sun and have some bees returned to tlc rather than have them destroyed. Will also be the winner with another 9 hives added to the apiary.
    Little do the agggro buggers know what's in store in springtime with a coup d'état when a new more friedly queen is introduced.

Joe

Driving home today i see this bike leaning on a tree on someones nature strip. Kinda of old retro thing, so I do a Uturn, knock on the door and ask if they are giving it away to which the reply was yes. You bewdy i thought looked rough as guts, flat tyres, chain was rusty, been out in the weather for years. Take it home expecting it be a long term project to make it rideable or just dump it at the tip. When I get home I pump up the tyres, spray some lube on the chain, tighten the headset a bit and away I go. It's a rider and very comfortable one at that. No gears but its a free wheeling hub. The sprung saddle says made in holland, the brake levers say Legnano which is Italian but no other markings or serial numbers. I'm guessing it is circa 1960's. old bike.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Driving home today i see this bike leaning on a tree on someones nature strip. Kinda of old retro thing, so I do a Uturn, knock on the door and ask if they are giving it away to which the reply was yes. You bewdy i thought looked rough as guts, flat tyres, chain was rusty, been out in the weather for years. Take it home expecting it be a long term project to make it rideable or just dump it at the tip. When I get home I pump up the tyres, spray some lube on the chain, tighten the headset a bit and away I go. It's a rider and very comfortable one at that. No gears but its a free wheeling hub. The sprung saddle says made in holland, the brake levers say Legnano which is Italian but no other markings or serial numbers. I'm guessing it is circa 1960's. old bike.jpg

I reckon your right I had one very similar to that when I was a kid in the mid 60's
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Found a way to increases productivity https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fy5...ature=youtu.be

fair enough, a girl in a bikini would be betterer

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

santa.jpgHere ya go.

Page 114 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast