Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    That'd be right, I just bought a new (2nd hand) ute for just under 20k 6 months ago. Also spent money on a trailer tool box. Maybe I'll pick up an excavator this year :-)
    Nice Bobcat with a rock breaker ?
    http://www.tradeearthmovers.com.au/d...at/323j/283521

I bought a new ride on mower on Friday! I've been waiting patiently to get enough large lawns on my client list before buying one and I've finally been able to do it. A new Husqvarna 322t AWD rider. I'll find an appropriate thread to explain more and review as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by mowbro View Post
    I bought a new ride on mower on Friday! I've been waiting patiently to get enough large lawns on my client list before buying one and I've finally been able to do it. A new Husqvarna 322t AWD rider. I'll find an appropriate thread to explain more and review as I go.
    Wow, your gunna feel pretty chuff sitting on that and earning $$$'s.

Reckon you have some mighty personal restraint too - Took two days to post the news of the new toy.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Wow, your gunna feel pretty chuff sitting on that and earning $$$'s.

Reckon you have some mighty personal restraint too - Took two days to post the news of the new toy.
    Haha, Gaz. Just didn't have a chance to sit down and write anything until now. But I'm definitely looking forward to putting it on some lawns!

I'm looking forward to the reviews. Didn't even think of looking at one of those. Interesting looking machine.

two weeks since anyones been happy?

I had a great day today. Got a call at 11am from a guy who was desperate to have his lawns done this afternoon. He sounded a little more 'switched on' than most of the people who tend to make those calls within 12 hours of their rental inspection so I decided to make some time to go around and take care of it.

Finished the job and got talking to him afterwards. Turns out he wants me to take it on regularly, as well as his second property in the neighbouring property, AND a commercial property he has closer in to the other side of the city which is close to a couple of other small commercial clients I have.

Also got a call this afternoon to quote a tender for a small school within 3 mintues of my place too.

It IS winter, isnt it?

Finally got the car up and running as it should be ...however am grumpy that its raining and can't put it down the 1/4 mile tonight
    I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations
    www.mowandgogardening.com.au

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

I had a great day today. Got a call at 11am from a guy who was desperate to have his lawns done this afternoon. He sounded a little more 'switched on' than most of the people who tend to make those calls within 12 hours of their rental inspection so I decided to make some time to go around and take care of it.

Finished the job and got talking to him afterwards. Turns out he wants me to take it on regularly, as well as his second property in the neighbouring property, AND a commercial property he has closer in to the other side of the city which is close to a couple of other small commercial clients I have.

Also got a call this afternoon to quote a tender for a small school within 3 mintues of my place too.

It IS winter, isnt it?
    Winter is a great time for surprise calls.

I'm happy because I'm not in a hospital having my arm/elbow operated on after being a dickhead with my hedger today. I'm normally very careful with it but today I got lazy and swung it above and outwards of my head while standing on top of a ladder with one hand to save moving the ladder for one small branch. As the weight of it naturally came back down and around I let it swing past my other arm so I could grab the handle. Problem is I didnt quite keep it away from my arm enough. Hit my arm right before the elbow.
    Luckily I saw what was coming ....or something and turned my hand that I was holding the hedger with and instead of slamming it into my arm and elbow square on, it just skimmed me as it slid past just nicking me.

Turned it off and had a good think about what just nearly happened. I WILL NOT be doing that again.

Now where's that tatts ticket?

Glenno, go the pole hedger pretty much every time, except in confined spaces.
    Safety isn't an issue, (except for power lines ) & maybe? you wouldn't have needed that ladder.
    Cheers Fred.

Senior Member GardeningSolutions's Avatar

It IS winter, isnt it?
    Sorry to be a buzz kill, but surely he would've had another contractor doing these jobs before you. What happened to him? I've grown to be careful of those clients that offer so much right at the start. Still I hope it all works well for you.

Local Rural supplies had it usual EFY sale ending last Saturday and I bought more Adama Wipe glyphosate 450 - 20ltr. The stuff France loves.
    Still $99 a drum, three years ago it used to be $75 at the sale.
    Its the only time I buy this stuff, once a year at their sale and I carry two drums as SOH to ensure I never pay a higher price.
    Cheers Garry

Getting this email from Lottao first up Sunday morning. Then I read how much I had won. Oh well

Dear Bruce,

This email is confirmation of your win in Saturday X Lotto.

Prize Won: $13.35
    Game: Saturday X Lotto
    Entry: 36 games
    Draw No/Date: 3539 on 20 Jun 2015
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Getting this email from Lottao first up Sunday morning. Then I read how much I had won. Oh well

Dear Bruce,

That's Great, enough for two new Champion Spark Plugs
    Cheers Garry

Or a well earned pint of beer in Sydney CBD (flights and accomodation excluded)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post

Dear Bruce,

I got pretty much the same email! $13.35 but I played the 50 games so, cost more! You win! lol

Page 117 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast