Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Sounds like great advice there. How come lease cars don't have an excess? How hard is it to lease?
    Leasing is easy -- just fill in the paperwork here in Aust.
    You can have it done thru travel agent or do it yourself.
    Look up Citroen / Renault / Pugeut leasing on google for links.
    Of the top of head, I thin 2 companies inAust which are the intermediaries are Citroen Eurodrive and Driveawau.com.au
    Basically it's a deal supported by French govt.
    You take delivery of BRAND NEW car (0 km on clock) and legally you are the registered owner (all the 'papers' / carte gris ) are in your name with Aust address. On return, the leasing co technically buys the car back from you in whatever state it is in (they don't check / worry about damages, scrapes etc ... But you must return the papers for legal transfer, keys, spare wheel & mandatory safety equip or they bill you for that). Of course, if you don't return car, they bill you for the new car price. All you pay (upfront in Aust) before you go is the difference between the purchase and contracted buyback price. Car gets special tourist plates and Aust person gets it at duty/tax free price, and when you return it, it's 2nd hand so no longer attracts French taxes when it's unsold (or exported for onselling). Supports French tourism and their car industry. Car has full comprehensive insurance with no excess (AXA was insurer) and full breakdown help (racv equiv), all included in lease fee. We have used it a number of times in pref to rentals.
    A friend has just leased one ( diesel, about corolla size) & I gather is paying about $2800 for 2 months.
    It's a good idea to download 'the manuel' (in enhlish), before you go, coz you only get 'la manuel'.
    But as a friend told me, 'all you need to know, is that to go, you push the pedal to the metal' which is good vibes on the German autobahns at 180kph (unlimited speed on most parts).

Joe.

Joe

Thanks for that info. I'll definetly look in to that if I were going over. Got to love the french, they protect their industry at all cost and they aint ashamed to do it. They have militant farmers that stick up for themselves (which I reckon is great) but they are also capable of exporting the Airbus to the world. Also capable of building our subs too. They might have some serious social issues (like most countries) but they they seem to have a good balance in a lot of respects. And their food's not too shabby either.

they're not silly enough to vote in d*ckheads like abbott, morrison et al.....

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

. French .......Also capable of building our subs too.......
    Given the 'design flair' & 'creature comforts' that you find in French cars, their submarines might be one of the more comfortable designs / good ergonomics & beds for the crew. If they are built like the old Pugeuots and Renaults, they will be unstoppable

On the topic of travelling, we hear a lot on this site of reference to the USA lawn mowing guys but how about the Europeans? I assume their must be some sort of lawn mowing/garden maintenance industry. Do they have guys towing trailers like us or is it really different. Some of those climates are very similar to the colder parts of Australia with more than likely better rainfall so there must be something going on. Sthil and husqvarna are both european they seem to hail from northern European forestry.

been googling Steve, found this contractors mower - Efco, Italian, around $A1900....http://www.thegreenreaper.co.uk/lawn...rol-lawn-mower

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

A gardening industry that's been booming for over 6 years now makes me happy. It's been very easy to make a living over that time. Most of us seem in the same boat which is nice. Good to see the industry turn things around after the 06/07 drought.

Been watching a tree crew working on a tree at back of our place - glad it is on Parks Vic land and not ours ....
    Found out about it when a Parks Vic fellow nicely asked if they could have access to our property to deal with it ....
    A fairly tall mountain ash (tree crew said it's 60+ metres to top), that is located creek reserve on edge of creek bank has started to have it's roots pull out of ground and it has toppled over about 20 odd degrees and hung itself up in the branches of a nearby tree and spring loaded the top end to look a bit like a boomerang ....
    All would be well, except house on other side of creek is on direct line under it should it 'let go' ..... Well it's all over red rover. I gather the owner was fairly cramping himself ...
    Anyway plan of attack was to stabilize tree, get steel cables on it, winch it to upright and then climb, top out and the lop off until low enough to drop safely.
    The crew working on it is VERY competent (boss I gather is ex Gippsland forest logger/feller and after 2 days of work have got tree fully rigged and stabilized, so climb & reduction is to take place as soon as it's calm enough.

What makes me happy is that it's not my tree / problem as the way it's going I reckon it's heading to a $10-20k job. Ouch!

Mowing wet grass on the ride on as you do this time of the year. Turned off the mower waited a little while then put my hand under the deck to check how much wet grass had built up and realised too late the blade was still spinning down. It clipped two fingers, no damage done as the blade had just about stopped. Couldn't believe how stupid and lucky i was. I split 2nd earlier and I'd be having trouble typing this.

Mowing wet grass on the ride on as you do this time of the year. Turned off the mower waited a little while then put my hand under the deck to check how much wet grass had built up and realised too late the blade was still spinning down. It clipped two fingers, no damage done as the blade had just about stopped. Couldn't believe how stupid and lucky i was. I split 2nd earlier and I'd be having trouble typing this.
    Jesus mate that was lucky
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Count yourself very lucky! I bet you have learnt from that one!!

So close, I bet it made your cheeks clinch.

It's always something I worry about, so let the mower sit for an extra 10 secs

you won't do that again

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Seeing Guns n Roses at the MCG makes me happy, the cold summer night not so much.

I got tickets for the Rnd 2 Cowboys/Broncos NRL game at Suncorp Stadium for my birthday.

The last time I was at Lang Park was as as a Yr 7 sprinter at SEQ trials about 1971.

Page 131 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast