Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    the spray pack will scare u johnny
    It may just do!! If I kill ya vegies with spray drift over the fence

First time this has ever happened to me, got a text off a client asking can I mow before the 22nd, he lives in Singapore, yes I can do that no problem , ok my new Mercedes is in the driveway you will have to move it the keys are ...... this is how to start the car and put it in gear , cool .

Now I have never driven a merc before does amg mean it goes faster ????? And also should I steal the car........... what do you guys think...... I'm just thinking the chances of pulling chicks in this thing are probably better than the ute...........

He can probably track the Merc from Singapore so better not take it too far.

But make sure you take some pics of you in the drivers seat & maybe a mower in the boot and explain to the ladies that it's your regular work vehicle. That should still pull a few.

I have a customer who's in Thailand for 3.5 months and said mow it three times whilst away. So visits are far apart.
    He rings me last week last to increase the number of mows as he was told grass is too high with all the rains.

BUT NO Merc to shift here, just long grass.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    First time this has ever happened to me, got a text off a client asking can I mow before the 22nd, he lives in Singapore, yes I can do that no problem , ok my new Mercedes is in the driveway you will have to move it the keys are ...... this is how to start the car and put it in gear , cool .

Now I have never driven a merc before does amg mean it goes faster ????? And also should I steal the car........... what do you guys think...... I'm just thinking the chances of pulling chicks in this thing are probably better than the ute...........
    Never driven one either! How about a road test review!

Reminds me about a mate who was with his boss 30 yrs ago driving some sports car - cant recall what it was.
    His boss asked him if he wanted to drive and "feel" it so he did! Got it up over 200kph while his boss was turning white in the passenger seat

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    I have a customer who's in Thailand for 3.5 months and said mow it three times whilst away. So visits are far apart.
    He rings me last week last to increase the number of mows as he was told grass is too high with all the rains.

BUT NO Merc to shift here, just long grass.
    Yes lots and lots of long grass!!!

Very Helpful Member

35 degrees and I text a client to ask if they would like their lawn mown after 5:30,they say yes and I think damn I would just like to go home so I get there and mow the front walk into the smallish back and the self propelled on the Chonda dies, and why you ask does this make me happy because i realise that if the client hadn;t said yes the drive wouldn't have died until today when my 1st lawn is twice the size,15 minutes from home and I have to have it done by a certain time so the client can leave for work,it's also the 1st of 6 in the area that I do before i get close to home again so if it had died this morning I would have lost close to 30 minutes just in travelling
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Get rid of the drugs from the boot first. Thats a joke of course.

Tow the trailer with it for a couple of days :-)
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Hardest Sept to Dec I've experienced since being a mowerman and my Join Date shows how long/short that's been. Re heavy rain/heat and the frequent intervals of it.
    But I'm finished for Christmas and quite worn out and with sore ankles, legs, shoulders, ringing ears and what ever else presents some pain. Yer left knee protesting a little too. Nothing a short break won't fix.
    And to those same bar*tards with a speaking connection delay that ring everyday/evening. No I don't need a new energy plan, nor income protection or an instant $10,000 loan that keep using new numbers to ring me on that I haven't already blocked. Bugger Off

So it's pack the Jayco tomorrow after a much needed sleep in with no Alarm set and Yabba, Dabba, Doo. Saturday morning, we are off into NSW's Southern heartland for a break with a RSL Club right next door to our destination C/Park. I can see the frosty cold Schooners already awaiting me.
    Play safe peoples over the Christmas Period and may those much talked about Stihl Battery machines get a much needed break too, whilst hopefully all getting greased up for next years abuse.
    Cheers Garry

cashew nuts , good cheese , cold beer , oh and boobs

cashew nuts , good cheese , cold beer , oh and boobs
    In that order?

seems legit...............

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

I agree.......
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Our stormwater drainage has not worked well for years and needs re-alignment, but there was a rock in the way.
    Preliminary hand digging revealed it to be BIG and HARD! -- >100cm long x 90cm wide x ??cm deep
    How to get it out --- 8 tonne excavator for day == big $$'s and big mess & disruption.
    All the onlookers / passers by puzzled how this fellow was going to get it out!
    Out with a bit of work & minimal fuss by hand --- drilling wet with 8.5kg rotary hammer (picked up the Bosch on ebay 2nd hand in excellent work order for less than you can hire one for a day) and then splitting with feathers and wedges --- the old fashioned way. The "Slammer Tool' slide hammer crowbar really came into its own for separating & prising the pieces out --- way more effective than an ordinary crowbar.

Now have a pile of rhyodacite rocks (similar to bluestone, but much finer grained so tougher and harder eg Montrose quarry stuff).
    Reckon its 2-3 tonne of rock ie over 1cu m from the ONE floater rock. Each of the larger blocks would be over 60Kg!
    Feeling really happy with the success. Now to put in the bigger pipes.

RockRemoval.jpg

Page 137 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast