Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Nope real, genuine Aussie dollars! But this client doesn't speak a word of English, comes to our office with a translator.

These mega wealthy ones are a whole new breed....gave us loose change to play with for 3 months (by which I mean 2 mill), liked what we did and how we did it so moved his entire portfolio of 180 mill (and that's just what he has invested in the Australian market, got far more than that in Japan and the US). I got the shakes when I printed out his invoice.
    ~ Joanne ~

I dont know about happy but I always breath a big sigh of relief when your whippy flicks up a rock or something and it wacks real hard right into your saftey glasses and you think, wow imagine how blind id be right now if i wasnt wearing them! kinda ironic right now though considering my current situation!

Picked up three new gold clients that are appreciative of my work.
    One is a farm house with a large area of level rideon work, whilst they want maintained aquality multiple landscaped garden setting.

One client today was a $50 edge/mow etc. Client was so happy with my work and the bit more I do. Told me to bill it for $60 for today and every service moving forward. Makes you feel very rewarded.
    Opened an e-mail tonight from a manson property I look after and got the go ahead to perform more detailed extended services over the normal services. The normal services are already big compared to a normal house.

Love this job.
    Cheers Garry

Nice Garry! Being appreciated for your hard work makes it all worthwhile.

That actually segues in to my happy moment. 2 days ago I told my boss I had reach my limit of being able to cope with an ever increasing workload with ever dwindling staff and static pay and having to drive an hour in the morning just to get there. Told him I quit (didn't have another job). He asked me to go home and think about it, I asked him to do the same.

Today I received a $20K payrise AND the go ahead to hire a new assistant.

Life is good today
    ~ Joanne ~

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    Nice Garry! Being appreciated for your hard work makes it all worthwhile.

That actually segues in to my happy moment. 2 days ago I told my boss I had reach my limit of being able to cope with an ever increasing workload with ever dwindling staff and static pay and having to drive an hour in the morning just to get there. Told him I quit (didn't have another job). He asked me to go home and think about it, I asked him to do the same.

Life is good today
    congratulations i'm sure you deserve it
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Joanne,

You must have a happy smile bigger the front entry of Luna Park.
    When I was in my last career and you know what I did.

The goodie workers in your team seemed to be given more and more to do. As you knew they would do it and the lazy ones would need counselling and bring the union in, etc. I to was quilty of giving the goodies more and more work sometimes too.
    But the good employees would get over worked. If one of those good staff ever left or got promoted out. You really felt their absence and never realised how smooth they made the operation run for you.
    Myself, I was always given the project rollouts, always was given more sponsor tasks than others. When at Melb for our workshops and addresses at the Doclkands Hilton pricinct. I was thrown the mic and took the notes. Others were given no tasks, took no notes and didn't care much and got away with it.
    Now I look after lawns and gardens and worry about little ol me and my client's assets. Yippee!!!

Good to see you boss understood your worth and value in the end. Keep smilling!!!!
    Cheers Garry

I was a good employee once. But when you question the corporate thrust then you become one of the dark side.

Well let me tell ya. The dark side rules. Ok
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post

Wow that IS a good day! $20k is more then I've earned in any of the last three financial years.

Fridays make me happy,not just because it's friday.
    I only do 5 jobs on a Friday,all weekly,all very nice homes,all good payers,home by 1pm,a few refreshing ales(Hahn White today)and get ready for Friday night footy.A great way to finish the week.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

One thing that made me happy was when i had a contract for the federal govt installing broad band dishes,$412 per set up installing 3 per day 6 days a week.
    Do the sums and you’ll understand by happy,but like all things do come to an end..

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    One thing that made me happy was when i had a contract for the federal govt installing broad band dishes,$412 per set up installing 3 per day 6 days a week.
    Do the sums and you’ll understand by happy,but like all things do come to an end..
    Hey BJ I would be happy with that too. How long did it last for. With the display installs I do they vary but big Revelon units come in at $600 each and I can do 2 a day. Not a bad pay day and then if I am lucky if we have the right kind of unit to deinstall with extruded aluminium parts I make another couple of hundred by disposing of it.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Fridays make me happy,not just because it's friday.
    I only do 5 jobs on a Friday,all weekly,all very nice homes,all good payers,home by 1pm,a few refreshing ales(Hahn White today)and get ready for Friday night footy.A great way to finish the week.
    Courty,

5 jobs completed prior to 1.00pm.
    I must be getting toooo old as that would be my quota for a day.

But I"m happy too getting a gov job properly secured at $55 per hr today.
    Gotta Love Friday Nights I say as well.
    Cheers Garry

by myself last night, cooked a roast lamb & ate almost all of it....good tucker & cold beer!!

Redeye,

Hope you had some Fountain Mint Sauce on that roast.
    Must have been yummy I'd say.
    Noticed the word Beer did not have an s attached
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    by myself last night, cooked a roast lamb & ate almost all of it....good tucker & cold beer!!
    I am batching for tonight and tomorrow night. Vicky had a job up to Mildura today and is staying with friends of ours tonight and tomorrow night. She took our daugheter Mel with her. So made the most of it and had spaghetti marinara for tea. Vicky hates seafood but me and the dog love it. Made enough to feed the dog and me with left overs. Got painball tomorrow so early night
    Cheers

Bluey

Page 2 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast