Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Sorta similar. I have a very hot young female client who is a really nice girl. Over the last 3 months in the lead up to her wedding which is on this sat coming I have completely refurbished her garden. Her hubby to be is a great bloke but not a green thumb and she has vision but no want to do the work. I have really enjoyed working with them both to get thier place looking the best for the reception which is being held at their house. Today was the final visit before the wedding. Well it appears she is much like Kate Middleton because her sister is even hotter than she is and the other two bridesmaids are on par. Do you know how hard it is to keep your mind on the job when you have 4 drop dead georgous women in short short pants and loose tops climbing up and down ladders beside you. I had a young lad helping me for the day and I swear his tongue was 3 foot long. I really had to struggle to keep my mind on the job and the bridesmaid could do a pretty good Pippa impression. Don't you just love being a gardener. I even got a hug at the end of the day.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I feel really sorry for you Bluey. That sounded like a very tough day. How did you cope!

Lucky bugger...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Lol..I was listening to the radio the other day and a doc was on there expousing the good things about eating organs ( keep it clean fellas) It is a part of the old style way of life that is being forgotten because we are too clean and santized. What makes us a sickly society.....do gooders, vegetarians and tree huggers ...thats what. Well that is my opinion anyway
    hey steady! whats wrong with vegetarians?

Bluey,

That's a disgrace and no one should have to work under such untolerable conditions of employment.
    I bet you carry a set of Shane Warne glasses in your truck for any such possible despicable situations.

But its a credit to you Bluey that you and your offsider soldiered on and completing the task at hand to a high standard, I take my hat off to you both.

The community could do better with true professeionals and people of good standing like yourselves.

You had better keep us all informed of further difficult work site visits related to that site over summer. As we are all worried for your well being.
    Cheers Garry

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    hey steady! whats wrong with vegetarians?
    there's nothing wrong with vegetarians i tell people I'm a vegetarian myself i just prefer to have my vegies processed by a cow into eye fillet
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

in that case maybe you should be eating the grass rather than mowing it

small towns are funny places. had one of my regular gardening pensioners tell me how a friend of theirs was shocked at my quote of tidying up their gdn too. prospective customer said i was way to expensive only to be told by regular customer that i was worth every penny and did a great job ( getting a swelled head now).
    about a hour later the not so prospective customer rang up, thanked me helping the regulars customer to enjoy their gdn again and whilst i was too expensive for their gardening budget could i please come and pick up a trailer load of green waste for them.
    its a funny world sometimes

Very Helpful Member

small towns are funny places. had one of my regular gardening pensioners tell me how a friend of theirs was shocked at my quote of tidying up their gdn too. prospective customer said i was way to expensive only to be told by regular customer that i was worth every penny and did a great job ( getting a swelled head now).
    about a hour later the not so prospective customer rang up, thanked me helping the regulars customer to enjoy their gdn again and whilst i was too expensive for their gardening budget could i please come and pick up a trailer load of green waste for them.
    obviously you were to cheap on the green waste quote seriously though you win some and loose some but nice that your reg stood up for you and you might be surprised and still get a call back if they get other quotes and find that you weren't overpriced
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Bluey,

That's a disgrace and no one should have to work under such untolerable conditions of employment.
    I bet you carry a set of Shane Warne glasses in your truck for any such possible despicable situations.

But its a credit to you Bluey that you and your offsider soldiered on and completing the task at hand to a high standard, I take my hat off to you both.

The community could do better with true professeionals and people of good standing like yourselves.

You had better keep us all informed of further difficult work site visits related to that site over summer. As we are all worried for your well being.

Some times.....rarely....you happen to be in the right place at the right time. I couldn't work like that all the time though. Too dangerous. In more ways than one. Would probably end up divorced again. The young bloke helping me happened to be my daughters boyfriend. You should have heard her go off at him when I told her about it. It didn't help me stirring the pot but it was fun to make him squirm untill my wife got wind of it then I copped it. What is it with women. They a worse perverts than blokes .
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    obviously you were to cheap on the green waste quote seriously though you win some and loose some but nice that your reg stood up for you and you might be surprised and still get a call back if they get other quotes and find that you weren't overpriced
    I only wish every client communicated like this. At least they didnt treat you like ****, they told you exactly as it was for their needs and thanked you for your time.

Some times.....rarely....you happen to be in the right place at the right time. I couldn't work like that all the time though. Too dangerous. In more ways than one. Would probably end up divorced again. The young bloke helping me happened to be my daughters boyfriend. You should have heard her go off at him when I told her about it. It didn't help me stirring the pot but it was fun to make him squirm untill my wife got wind of it then I copped it. What is it with women. They a worse perverts than blokes .
    I must have a "keepa" then. My wife understands that it is ok to look and admire but no touching!!

They were probably thinking back in the 70's when they last employed a gardener. If you get the chance to explain your pricing to someone who says your too expensive they ofteen see things differently. The good thing is your good name has been spread and what is more people will know that your not cheap but worth the money. It really does surprise me that some customers think $45 or $50 is too stepp for alawn but will happily spend 3 times that on a bottle of wine.
    Cheers

Bluey

Yeah, you can look at the menu but you can't order from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    I must have a "keepa" then. My wife understands that it is ok to look and admire but no touching!!
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Doesn't matter where u get your apetite.ass long as you go home to eat.

What is it with women. They a worse perverts than blokes .
    Nothing wrong with window shopping. Any woman who thinks their bloke doesn't perv is deluded. We do it and what's good for the goose is good for the gander. There is absolutely no harm in looking.
    ~ Joanne ~

Page 22 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast