Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

i think the bities in the tropics are nastier but having said that atleast once a week at the mo i find wasps the hard way. fortunately they dont hurt much but it just be nice to find them with my eyes rather than my sense of feel

Wasabi peanuts....addicted to the bloody things. Addicted to wasabi full stop. Love it. Good for the nostrils
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Wasabi peanuts....addicted to the bloody things. Addicted to wasabi full stop. Love it. Good for the nostrils
    www.peanutvan.com.au/order-peanuts.php

these guys do good nuts. i have many favourites but i think the best would be xhilli and lime.

wow, if theyre the oes that they sell in the kingaroy area, i had some when i was a travbelling rep - salt and vinegar was my fave, yummmy

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    wow, if theyre the oes that they sell in the kingaroy area, i had some when i was a travbelling rep - salt and vinegar was my fave, yummmy
    that would be them. they got a van at childers too.

hmmm interesting. Just got contacted by someone I used to work with and really respect and admire, he is now managing groups of financial advisers and was asked if he knew anyone who would be interested in helping with a start up company, it's a management position, primarily working from home (twice a month in to the city for a couple of hours - with free parking in the building). $7K pa more than I'm on now and saving around $6-7K pa in petrol and child care.

Shall be very interested to hear the details....
    ~ Joanne ~

sounds good Joanne - hope its worth while

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Wow...sounds good Jo.....follow your heart.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    green ants in the tropics are a totally different ant to the green ant in SE QLD paul. dont ask me their species cos i wouldnt have a clue. not sure if granules would work
    the tropical version are the ones with the citrus tasting nectar /sap /gunk on the back of them. they make nest from sapping together leaves in trees not in the ground. personally i used to think that they used to use some form of ant sonar to comunicate befor biting " is someone in the arm pit, whos covering the back of the neck, anyone made it to the groin yet? ok in position bite!"
    when i was tree lopping i found the only thing you could was cut the nests off and remove it from your work area ( quickly) to keep numbers down. and they are crankier when it rains. only thing that kills them is cyclones and the big termites.and the mulcher. oh and occasionally ive known paperwasps to take over a green ant nest so take care.

we used to have a understanding that if someone on the crew run funnily around the corner ,passibly with hands inside clothing dont follow, they need to extract a green ant. if they sprint past you instead, follow, the wasps are coming.

and who ever came up with the theory that paperwasps wont sting if you stand still! pah! i recommend not trying that
    Funny coincidence but there was some info in the Townsville Bulletin about green ants (texts to the editor). 2 of them said the same thing re getting rid of green ants. Something fishy like cat food and mix in some (a few drops) of Frontline (the stuff you give the dog for fleas). I use tablets but it must come in a liquid. They take it back to the nest when you leave it on their trail and it kills the queen.
    Simmo

turned up at a customers place today, looked like someone had mown the lawn already.

got out and had a look-see

seems only HALF of the footpath had been done, (not caught, clips everywhere), had buggered up the edges, scalped the lawn in places and made a dirty great mess on the corner of the drive, (scalped and dug about 2 inches of soil up) - its a big corner block, and most of the grass is on the footpath , with a 7m x 7m patch of walter out back beside the pool.

i was like "wtf"

rang the guy (turns out he was still home, he came out to talk to me)

he said he came home yesterday and it was like that.

only thing he could think of was someone turned up and started doing it then realized they were at the wrong house, then left.

he said "i KNEW it wasnt YOU that did it, as it was such a sh***y job, and you do such good work"

lol, dont think he'll be trying anyone else anytime soon (he was LIVID about it)

lol

Unreal.

Had a similar thing last fortnight but sort of opposite situation to yours.

Turned up for a regular fortnightly job and started doing the edges, the whole time looking at the lawn thinking "That's not two weeks growth".

Anyway kept going with teh edges. Came back out the front and the owner had just come home from work and she's like "Oh your here to mow. I just ran the mower over it quickly yesterday so I won't need you to mow."

Nice of you to tell me in advance......

It had had only about 2cm taken off it (this one grow about 100mm each fortnight) so when I mow it today it's going to be quite a lot longer than it should be. I'll be charging appropriately for it plus the extra time edging (and travel) last fortnight that she didn't offer to pay me for

turned up at a customers place today, looked like someone had mown the lawn already.

got out and had a look-see

seems only HALF of the footpath had been done, (not caught, clips everywhere), had buggered up the edges, scalped the lawn in places and made a dirty great mess on the corner of the drive, (scalped and dug about 2 inches of soil up) - its a big corner block, and most of the grass is on the footpath , with a 7m x 7m patch of walter out back beside the pool.

i was like "wtf"

rang the guy (turns out he was still home, he came out to talk to me)

he said he came home yesterday and it was like that.

only thing he could think of was someone turned up and started doing it then realized they were at the wrong house, then left.

he said "i KNEW it wasnt YOU that did it, as it was such a sh***y job, and you do such good work"

lol, dont think he'll be trying anyone else anytime soon (he was LIVID about it)

lol
    could also be he had some one else but told them half way through job to f88k off ......

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    could also be he had some one else but told them half way through job to f88k off ......
    I DID think of that too, geoff, but it dont matter, i still got it and he's happy with my work.

if they want to get someone else i always say, np, just call me if he lets you down (has rarely happened, but thats my attitude when it does)

I DID think of that too, geoff, but it dont matter, i still got it and he's happy with my work.

if they want to get someone else i always say, np, just call me if he lets you down (has rarely happened, but thats my attitude when it does)
    thats it happy as long as thay come back and you keep them = shows the qaulity of your own work compaired to others .

today i found an ants nest before they saw me!!!!!!!!!! this makes me happy

Page 27 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast