Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

LOL love it. Can't help it if she stuffs up !!!

That is Funny , But I do feel for the poor bloke when he turns up and mows on Tuesday

+1 to that............
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

haha that's awesome cadase!

The footy starts tonight! Woo hoo! Can't wait to kick back on the lounge with a beer watching 110kg blokes belt each other.

I did a farmlet homestead lawns of about 1ha this morning. Just doing 2 cuts while the owners are away for medical treatment.

Absolutely beautiful place. Extensive garden beds all mulched up and barely a weed in sight. Edges were all poisoned. Large ponds with lilies over them. All the lawns were real lawn grass which is a rarity for me.
    Such a pleasure to work in a place like that. I'd almost do it for free.

They have a farmer's market morning there tomorrow so I left a handful of my cards in the shed.

A bit grumpy I forgot my camera.

Back to reality, off to do 3 acres of overgrown lovegrass this arvo.

THANKS CADASE I JUST LOST A CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

nah just kidding
    Independent and i know it

Quote Originally Posted by cadase View Post
    Received a call today.
    Hello, This is Shirley from Fairford Tce
    Oh hello Shirley
    I'm not happy with the way you are cutting my lawns, they're too long, and your blowing all the dust and dirt under my door
    Oh okay
    I won't me home next Tuesday, so can you come on Wednesday morning
    Sure, also, i've just put my prices up $5, so now it's $40 a cut
    Pause
    I ring to complain about the way you do my lawns and you put the price up. Sorry but i'll find someone else to do my lawns
    Okay thank you goodbye
    Now i have to point out, she hasn't been a customer of mine since November, when she got rid of me for increasing my prices... Obviously hasn't updated the number in her phone. Had a smile on my face for a few hours Do feel a bit guilty about getting her lawn guy sacked though
    thats funny from a different point of view

she wasnt happy with the LEVEL of service, and you (i know its not yours any more lol) but you say $5 more to do the better job she wants and she wont pay for the extra service she wants.

yep, shes a pita AND a scab. (lawnie lingo) lol

i been picking up new customers like crazy, if i dont go to 3 weeks soon i mighthave to let some more go.

hmmm WHICH ones, thats the question lol

but still, a funny story cadase !!!

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SM MOWING View Post
    THANKS CADASE I JUST LOST A CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!!!!

nah just kidding

I lost two today. Not happy.

picked up 2 new ones today (one where the old contractor hasnt been for 5 weeks, and wont return their calls - have to see what thats about when i get there tuesday)

and maybe another where theres 2 together, both with big hedges too, one with a tiny lawn, the other medium sized.

if i dont go to 3 weeks soon, i'll have to give a few more the shove. (trade up like stripes says)

they reckon were gonna have a wet autumn, be nice, considering how late summer started for me this year.

be nice to keep all the ones i got over winter, picking up a FEW more, then give the worst the flick as next summer rolls on

been a hard slog this last week, looking forward to the weekend "off" - but now i been told i gotta mow our own acreage (dang, its ONLY 2 foot high, whats she complaining about?)

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    been a hard slog this last week, looking forward to the weekend "off" - but now i been told i gotta mow our own acreage (dang, its ONLY 2 foot high, whats she complaining about?)
    You should get a beer money bob to do your lawns and relax... lol

And while your at it... You should consider using the beer money bob to do all your pita's that you will trade in anyways... at least this way you will be getting passive income and keeping bob busy so he is unable to quote ever again to potential high paying clients

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    You should get a beer money bob to do your lawns and relax... lol

And while your at it... You should consider using the beer money bob to do all your pita's that you will trade in anyways... at least this way you will be getting passive income and keeping bob busy so he is unable to quote ever again to potential high paying clients

Simmo.

i LIKE it simmo !!!!

tell bob "this one you charge $25 for the hours work" then thats 2 new clients he cant take on while hes doing that !!

might be easier to sell bob the customers for 2 cuts. i get $50, he gets a pita to keep him busy.

thats worth thinking about when im sober and all, lol

on a sadder note, i confirmed today that one of the local WEEKLY papers i advertise in HAS been having troubles with their distribution - my suburb hasnt been getting them for 7 or 8 MONTHS and the suburb i like best to work in hasnt got them in some streets for 3 or 4 WEEKS now that i know of..

its the one i pay $60 a week to be in -$3000 a year is a lot of dough to me

thinking about cancelling it altogether now, and just staying in the monthly one (that only goes to my "best area")

IT only costs $40 per monthly paper, and maybe im getting most of my work out of it anyway

and prolly if i wasnt half arsed and ASKED every time where they got my name i might have worked this out sooner - damn me.

have to get signs done for my trailer now, and just do leaflets to neighbours and the one monthly - to concentrate the run into my best suburb (again thanks stripes for the tips)

cheers guys

have a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    picked up 2 new ones today (one where the old contractor hasnt been for 5 weeks, and wont return their calls - have to see what thats about when i get there tuesday)

?)
    If the old guy hasnt returned calls could be a PITA. I have one at the moment where I have stopped returning calls because they couldnt be bothered returning my calls when they owed me money, now they expect me to just jump when they want me. Sorry but it doesnt work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    If the old guy hasnt returned calls could be a PITA. I have one at the moment where I have stopped returning calls because they couldnt be bothered returning my calls when they owed me money, now they expect me to just jump when they want me. Sorry but it doesnt work that way.
    at the same time, this is the story i hear most when takig new clirents that have HAD a contractor

he wont return my calls

he says hes gone out of business

he has moved to another area

etc

still, worth a look, i quoted high figs on the phone to clean it up then cheaper after that IF they do booked-in-regular.

first time they stiff me is the last.

no money no mow !!

but cheers

Listening to my daughters (11 and 9) belt out a concert, they have dragged out Timmy's microphone and amp and have just performed the following playlist

Run to Paradise
    Summer of 60
    My Sharona
    Wish you Were Here
    Walkin' by Myself
    Jessie's Girl

LOL...it warms the heart of my cockles that since their Daddy joined a cover band this place has become a Bieber Free Zone now that they have seen actual music performed.
    ~ Joanne ~

get with the picture, Bieber is a washed out yesterdays hero
    It's all One Direction now.... well at least this week.
    my daughter was in tears the other morning, trying to get tickets to one of their concerts. Ticketek crashed after 3 minutes

Page 29 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast