Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Its good when everything comes together... hit em with another price hike i say...

Are you quoting new leads higher than you were before? If so, are you getting these quotes still at the higher rates?

Simmo.

yeah, im quoting at $50 to $55 per half hour job, (plus green waste loading) - still getting them in, lol (not sydney prices, but good for where i am, and the demographic etc.)

i AM offering more value tho, telling em i'll spray a bit of poison about, maintain things a bit etc, they seem to like "free poison" - something they dont like doing themselves, possibly cos its "icky" poison - and it sure beats pulling the stuff out by hand. hand weeding ewwwwww

like stripes says, quote the new ones in your target area at a premium price, then when you concentrate the run youre also getting the top prices so its a win/win

the half hour jobs seem to be working out best for me, can get 2 done in the hour, getting $100 to $110 for it. (mowing) and im only travelling a few kms between jobs. losing 15 minutes to travel per mornig, and 10 mins in the arvo, that saves me a bit of dough with time and the price of fuel.

the hour plus jobs just dont pay off for me imo. the $35 jobs are good too, but travelling cuts into your profit a bit on those, so i'll prolly lose a couple of those. gonna put up my minimum first time/casual price too.

but for the $50 to $60 per half hour, 6 appointments a day gives me my target of $300 t/o

still overcharging for hedges, losing a couple, getting some though. charging big for ferals, i just dont want em unless its good dough.

feel guilty about putting prices up AGAIN for existing regulars, just did that 2 months ago. but it might be the way to go.

cheers big ears.

(oh and thanks blue for the wasp tip, i got some pyrethrum somewhere, ill have to mix some up instead a buying the wasp killer like paulg says)

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    Its good when everything comes together... hit em with another price hike i say...

Are you quoting new leads higher than you were before? If so, are you getting these quotes still at the higher rates?

Simmo.

yeah, im quoting at $50 to $55 per half hour job, (plus green waste loading) - still getting them in, lol (not sydney prices, but good for where i am, and the demographic etc.)

i AM offering more value tho, telling em i'll spray a bit of poison about, maintain things a bit etc, they seem to like "free poison" - something they dont like doing themselves, possibly cos its "icky" poison - and it sure beats pulling the stuff out by hand. hand weeding ewwwwww

like stripes says, quote the new ones in your target area at a premium price, then when you concentrate the run youre also getting the top prices so its a win/win

the half hour jobs seem to be working out best for me, can get 2 done in the hour, getting $100 to $110 for it. (mowing) and im only travelling a few kms between jobs. losing 15 minutes to travel per mornig, and 10 mins in the arvo, that saves me a bit of dough with time and the price of fuel.

the hour plus jobs just dont pay off for me imo. the $35 jobs are good too, but travelling cuts into your profit a bit on those, so i'll prolly lose a couple of those. gonna put up my minimum first time/casual price too.

but for the $50 to $60 per half hour, 6 appointments a day gives me my target of $300 t/o

still overcharging for hedges, losing a couple, getting some though. charging big for ferals, i just dont want em unless its good dough.

feel guilty about putting prices up AGAIN for existing regulars, just did that 2 months ago. but it might be the way to go.

cheers big ears.

(oh and thanks blue for the wasp tip, i got some pyrethrum somewhere, ill have to mix some up instead a buying the wasp killer like paulg says)

sorry for the double post, now i got no edit to delete one either.

63 rambling any way see pupa smurf the idea is the same as yours those thing in front of the garage door you said you shouda coud of but didnt aint that true Thats my four year plain but differnent to be rich like a drug dealer(no people) but ligitlee....For some reason the 3 pack plus 1 or is that 2....fit in the equation becase you also need this plain for the future you get me maybe not....but for some reason yall be investing i just no....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

And yes it not papa smurf it you....smart cookie....

lol went to do a job for someone ive worked for before,

they set me up originally with the "we want a regular service" line

i did 2 mows and hedging 7 weeks apart, then they didnt want me no more

got a call yesterday, come do the lawns, the hedges, and trim some trees

went there today, first thing outta her mouth was "you charged us 50 for the last mow, and 60 for the hedges, right"

i said, well, thats the old prices i gave when you said you wanted regular, sorry

i told her itd be more, she sort of swore a bit, lol, then said, well let me tell you what i want done

then she proceeded on what i call the "millionaires walk" where they wave their hand around and say do this do that do the other, like they got a million to spend when you know they dont, (not worth the time letting her ramble on) i said wait, just that ONE thing there in the corner is $200, lol, looked like she swallowed her tongue.

so we went back to the basics, mow, normal hedges, and a tree trimmed,

upped all her prices, told her to think about it and get back to me, im too busy

so then she got worried, but you CAN do it today?

i said, sure if youll pay what i ask,

again explained regulars get good prices, pitas get casual one off rates, and im too busy to muck round,

lololol

got my $200 for my 90 minutes work,

dont care if i never see her again

hate the ones that line you up "oh i want a REGULAR service", never wanting one, just wanting the good prices.

anyway,

happy : 1
    pita : 0

its been a good morning.

shame of it is i gotta work again tomorrow morning too,

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    63 rambling any way see pupa smurf the idea is the same as yours those thing in front of the garage door you said you shouda coud of but didnt aint that true Thats my four year plain but differnent to be rich like a drug dealer(no people) but ligitlee....For some reason the 3 pack plus 1 or is that 2....fit in the equation becase you also need this plain for the future you get me maybe not....but for some reason yall be investing i just no....
    I thought I was getting good at this...someone throw me a bone here please?
    ~ Joanne ~

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    If it can kill a cockroach it can kill anything I reckon, scientists say those things will be all that survives a nuclear holocaust
    another urban myth while they can live for almost a week without their heads they are quite susceptible to radiation. Humans die at a dose of about 1,000 rads cockroachs at 20,000 a fruit fly will survive over 60,000 and some wasps over 170,000rads now the bacterium Deinococcus radiodurans can handle 1,500,000 rads and if frozen this doubles to over 3million rads
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    I thought I was getting good at this...someone throw me a bone here please?
    HaHa Joanne. I can't help you.
    I thought I had Impalese all sorted too, but he's gone and changed dialect on us

Lol them people know what iam saying not towards us indies....Well been sipin on some deers and made a circut in the backyard for the kubota a bit of off road a few bumbs a mud pit nearly got boged and a tray brifge over and trench and the machine id performing a1 cant wait to put it to work they say that allniyow is going to be bad next year meaning more dry wheather and les rain great great not....

Lol them people know what iam saying not towards us indies....Well been sipin on some deers and made a circut in the backyard for the kubota a bit of off road a few bumbs a mud pit nearly got boged and a tray brifge over and trench and the machine id performing a1 cant wait to put it to work they say that allniyow is going to be bad next year meaning more dry wheather and les rain great great not....
    Sounds like it was the Redneck Games at your place today Kev
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

See now that one I got...still scratching my head on the previous one. Exactly how big is your backyard Kev?
    ~ Joanne ~

The redneck games where takin place in a standerd 40m by about 18m yard needs a bob cat ran thro it but ather wise the race is on all fun till a swimming pool goes in its a canvise just need some plants looks like a desert lol

528103_10150741034493534_801078533_9623457_1366028017_n.jpg

since my son too busy making money elsewhere my grandson said he would take over , that makes me happy lol

Nawww, isn't he a cutie.
    ~ Joanne ~

Page 35 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast