Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Just sold our house and halfway through packing. Grumpy with the packing but happy on what you find when cleaning out a house

Bootleg Led Zep and Radio Birdman/New Race box set vinyl
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Showing you age there Court. Good find tho.

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Just sold our house and halfway through packing. Grumpy with the packing but happy on what you find when cleaning out a house

Awesome find! Its good to be a hoarder sometimes hey!!!
    Had a bit of a Zep festival myself tonight. Best part was my daughter called it!!! Led Zep.... The Cure..... The Stranglers.... Me playing really bad guitar along with it but care NONE!

Seeing that your into Birdman, you may be interested in this..... http://digitup.net.au/

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Securing a job at an orchid farm worth approx $3500 pa.

getting a pita to pay me the $35 she owed me,

turned up a couple times when i knew the lazy cow would be asleep, knocked and asked for my money

lol, the last time i did it was on ANZAC DAY lolol

i spoke to her house mate (never knew he existed before) explained it to him, he said come back lunch-ish,

went back at 1130 knocked again (she was still in bed lolol) and she PAID ME

i hate non payers,.

grrrrrrrrr

but LOVE getting em to pay.

so again, my payment record is perfect, never been ripped off (touch wood)

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post

Probably get a good price for that on ebay court...
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    but LOVE getting em to pay.
    "In God We Trust - All else pay now!"

Why put yourself through pain? Give credit to regulars who have proven themselves, ask all new customers to pre-pay for at least three months, and use a measure of prudence and judgement based on your experience.

These days, there is almost no reason to allow 'pay later'. Almost everyone has access to these ways to transmit funds. There are many electronic payment methods. Add surcharges if necessary (mostly necessary).

It's not hard to implement and commit as a condition to new customers and to old clients - and it's to your health benefit, cost management and client satisfaction. If a client can't agree to EFT/TT/DD/PayPal pre-pay, it may mean that they don't have the funds, are not willing to part with the funds or otherwise will not pay for some other reason. If they won't agree, then that's OK because they saved you the hassle of sending a collections agency in their direction or terse words on their door step.

Increased risk of non-payment? Increased fee per service to mitigate the risk. Kinda like general average sacrifice.

Tougher standards? Yes. Apologetic? No. We do the work, we have costs and the meagre margin is to support our household. In Australian society, unpaid wages cause great industrial strife, unpaid salaries cause corporate unrest and collapse and unpaid contractors cause Administration, Bankruptcy and other legal recourse.

Regrettably, the principle of honour seems to be either deprecated or unheard-of, in some places by some people.

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranbourne Lawnmowing View Post
    Securing a job at an orchid farm worth approx $3500 pa.
    Thats the way mate, gotta love em!

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GardenGuy View Post
    "In God We Trust - All else pay now!"

Why put yourself through pain? Give credit to regulars who have proven themselves, ask all new customers to pre-pay for at least three months, and use a measure of prudence and judgement based on your experience.

These days, there is almost no reason to allow 'pay later'. Almost everyone has access to these ways to transmit funds. There are many electronic payment methods. Add surcharges if necessary (mostly necessary).

It's not hard to implement and commit as a condition to new customers and to old clients - and it's to your health benefit, cost management and client satisfaction. If a client can't agree to EFT/TT/DD/PayPal pre-pay, it may mean that they don't have the funds, are not willing to part with the funds or otherwise will not pay for some other reason. If they won't agree, then that's OK because they saved you the hassle of sending a collections agency in their direction or terse words on their door step.

Increased risk of non-payment? Increased fee per service to mitigate the risk. Kinda like general average sacrifice.

Tougher standards? Yes. Apologetic? No. We do the work, we have costs and the meagre margin is to support our household. In Australian society, unpaid wages cause great industrial strife, unpaid salaries cause corporate unrest and collapse and unpaid contractors cause Administration, Bankruptcy and other legal recourse.

Regrettably, the principle of honour seems to be either deprecated or unheard-of, in some places by some people.

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    I agree with you Garden guy 100%... great advice!

The only thing with my business is I don't accept credit terms to regulars clients period... and i don't like chances of a new customer "willing" to pay 3 months in advance for mowing. Do you currently ask for payments in advance for new clients?

Offering credit terms is just not worth the headache (especially if your not getting 20% interest rates for compensation)... leave that for the banks

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    I agree with you Garden guy 100%... great advice!

The only thing with my business is I don't accept credit terms to regulars clients period... and i don't like chances of a new customer "willing" to pay 3 months in advance for mowing. Do you currently ask for payments in advance for new clients?

Offering credit terms is just not worth the headache (especially if your not getting 20% interest rates for compensation)... leave that for the banks

Simmo.
    X2, especially the part about having them pay 3m in advance
    Its not gunna happen!
    Cheers Fred.

Like I said, Simmo, credit is for regulars who have proven themselves. How they prove themselves is up to the individual contractor.

Some clients will pre-pay for six to twelve months and agree to written terms. Usually, those clients volunteer to do that. They are happy to have the certainty that their 'garden guy' will take care of lawn mowing and garden care, as instructed and without supervision, for the contracted period. It is a matter of honour combined with and stabilised by a commercial agreement.

Yes, Simmo, all new customers pay in advance. It takes time to develop mutual trust so that I would grant credit. 'New' can mean three months or six months or a year in my terms. Time is long. Trust is short.

I wish the 'old way' where honour and trust were a part of life were here now. Sadly, other influences have changed humanity in negative ways. When I meet a person who still clings to tradition and honour and all the other good things, I'm ever so glad to extend the hand of fellowship, albeit with prudence.

Cheers - GardenGuy.
    My Garden Guy - www.mygardenguy.com.au. Visit us at Facebook too! Visit our Blog for seasonal updates and hints about what your garden needs now.
    Servicing Sydney's North Shore from Chatswood to Cowan. Lawn mowing, gardening services, clean-ups and more.

If you need lawn mowing and garden services, you need an ILMCOA member. Check the directory for someone local to you.

When the Sharks keep winning.. Could this be their year? Just need the sun to come out and get rid of the Storm..
    Go the Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Just need the sun to come out and get rid of the Storm..
    Now that's just uncalled for!
    ~ Joanne ~

Oh come on they have never won a premiership Anyway arnt you an AFL girl

ooohhh thems fightin' words! I'm a Storm member! But also an AFL girl
    ~ Joanne ~

Page 45 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast