Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

LOL sounds like your woried about the mighty Sharks? Thats ok just go with it..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

bloody ref needs shooting - and a few rabbits grrrrr

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

.... when the grass slows down a bit and I can get through my work quicker and easier and still charge the same amount.

Sharp blades, tight belts, dry grass, not so stinking hot ...... doesn't get much better than that.
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmow View Post
    .... when the grass slows down a bit and I can get through my work quicker and easier and still charge the same amount.

Sharp blades, tight belts, dry grass, not so stinking hot ...... doesn't get much better than that.
    Gotta agree with that,it's a good time of year
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

It's a welcome relief from the crazy wet season jungles that I've had to deal with for the last 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Gotta agree with that,it's a good time of year
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

Amen brothers!

Other contractors who think outside their work.
    A newish client of mine is having total re-pave of their property(probably about 40K worth),I knew the paving was happening and we had brief discussions about gardens but nothing firm. I got a call from the paving contractor at the start of the week,he told me he had finished the new retaining walls on the entertainment area's and once he started paving a week from now I wouldn't be able to get the soil for the garden refurbs and backfills to the new walls in there(11 cubes of soil). He said if I can get it there today he will have his bobcat on site to take it from the front around to the back of the property(all uphill) and also offered to rip out a mass planting of gardenia's that had been in ground for 20 years,took him 20 mins would of taken me half a day.

i know who I will be recommending for paving work from now on.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

Did he get a slab of his favorite beer Court?
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Did he get a slab of his favorite beer Court?
    He will get a couple mate

Had a good laugh today.... Put in a quote for over $5K of lanscaping work over 18 months ago for a committee (thats why it took so long), Myself and another guy are doing different parts of the job and I can't start till he has finished. He calls me today and says that the comittee are worried that I havent done my part of the job yet, and he told them that I am waiting for him to start. They couldnt understand this as they thought I was only putting in about 20 tree's. Based on that I would be making about $4.5K on the job. Nice little earner. But realistically have organised to meet them onsite and go through what we are really doing. But gave me a good laugh anyhow, shows what happens when comittees, change members and take their time

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by bb1 View Post
    Had a good laugh today.... Put in a quote for over $5K of lanscaping work over 18 months ago for a committee (thats why it took so long), Myself and another guy are doing different parts of the job and I can't start till he has finished. He calls me today and says that the comittee are worried that I havent done my part of the job yet, and he told them that I am waiting for him to start. They couldnt understand this as they thought I was only putting in about 20 tree's. Based on that I would be making about $4.5K on the job. Nice little earner. But realistically have organised to meet them onsite and go through what we are really doing. But gave me a good laugh anyhow, shows what happens when comittees, change members and take their time
    FOOL just plant the 20 trees and take the money
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Gotta say a BIG THANKS to Sterlo who helped me out for half a day last Friday. Impressed a commercial client who has her big boss coming on Monday. This helped firmly secure $10000+ work per year.

Thanks mate and dont forget to keep your 18v drill in the car for when I need it

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Gotta say a BIG THANKS to Sterlo who helped me out for half a day last Friday. Impressed a commercial client who has her big boss coming on Monday. This helped firmly secure $10000+ work per year.

Thanks mate and dont forget to keep your 18v drill in the car for when I need it
    Pleasure mate

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Looks like I have got a new offsider in the form of my wife,was always the intention for her to come into the business but it's just a bit sooner than we thought.

She has worked for the one business(retail) for the last 16yrs,the current owners have just sold and after meeting with the new owner yesterday she pulled the pin. He offered more money BUT she would have to start an hour earlier every day(8am instead of 9am),1/2 hour for lunch instead of an hour,5.30pm finish BUT you stay until the work is finished,work both days on the weekend(she has worked Saturdays for the whole 16yrs but had Sundays off)work all public holidays(no overtime) and at Xmas in the busy period you are expected to do whatever hours are required and he will give days off in lieu IF he thinks you have worked enough hours. Her reply was "all the best but good luck finding a chump to work under those conditions".

That last paragraph probably should be in the grumpy thread but it always brings a smile to your face when you tell a prick to stick his job up his arse.

mate thats terrific feeling to do that..good her....now I trust her new employer is capable of giving plenty of benefits lol......we do complain at times about our jobs but to be your own boss is so good to avoid the crap many people put up with their jobs.....would be terriable to go to work everyday and hating it or being told to something for nothing..at least we can roll over and go back to sleep sometimes.lol

Page 46 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast