Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    Looks like I have got a new offsider in the form of my wife,was always the intention for her to come into the business but it's just a bit sooner than we thought.

She has worked for the one business(retail) for the last 16yrs,the current owners have just sold and after meeting with the new owner yesterday she pulled the pin. He offered more money BUT she would have to start an hour earlier every day(8am instead of 9am),1/2 hour for lunch instead of an hour,5.30pm finish BUT you stay until the work is finished,work both days on the weekend(she has worked Saturdays for the whole 16yrs but had Sundays off)work all public holidays(no overtime) and at Xmas in the busy period you are expected to do whatever hours are required and he will give days off in lieu IF he thinks you have worked enough hours. Her reply was "all the best but good luck finding a chump to work under those conditions".

That last paragraph probably should be in the grumpy thread but it always brings a smile to your face when you tell a prick to stick his job up his arse.

lol, maybe its YOU that will be HER offsider, lol

but seriously, good on you both, get some family time instead of working for the man

my wife would work with me if she could, but shes partially disabled with a back condition, so no heavy work for her.

sometimes she does the odd bit of weeding for me (i HATE hand weeding), and it usually makes her sore for a couple days after.

but good for you and your wife mate

cheers

Looks like I have got a new offsider in the form of my wife,was always the intention for her to come into the business but it's just a bit sooner than we thought.

She has worked for the one business(retail) for the last 16yrs,the current owners have just sold and after meeting with the new owner yesterday she pulled the pin. He offered more money BUT she would have to start an hour earlier every day(8am instead of 9am),1/2 hour for lunch instead of an hour,5.30pm finish BUT you stay until the work is finished,work both days on the weekend(she has worked Saturdays for the whole 16yrs but had Sundays off)work all public holidays(no overtime) and at Xmas in the busy period you are expected to do whatever hours are required and he will give days off in lieu IF he thinks you have worked enough hours. Her reply was "all the best but good luck finding a chump to work under those conditions".

That last paragraph probably should be in the grumpy thread but it always brings a smile to your face when you tell a prick to stick his job up his arse.
    Good on her, and all the best Courty. Nothing better than being your own boss.

Thanks lads
    Ever since I started this business she has always been envious of how I stroll around the house of a morning in no great hurry
    I think we way under value the amount of freedom in our everyday lives this job gives us.
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Thanks lads
    Ever since I started this business she has always been envious of how I stroll around the house of a morning in no great hurry
    I think we way under value the amount of freedom in our everyday lives this job gives us.
    Livin the dream courty.
    All the best man!

Very Helpful Member

all the best hope you've enjoyed being your own boss seriously hope it works out well I've been working for my wife i mean working with my wife for a few years and apart from her complaining all the time that i just chat to the clients while she does all the work which is just untrue it's only the good looking women, i let her talk to the old foggies it does work well for us
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Good on you Courty. My wife used to come out with me sometimes when I had the VIP thing, The customers like seing it. We had this one property that we would have a skinny dip in the pool LOL
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

No more blocky's to check out that bit of skirt?

Good on you mate. My wife is in a very similar retail job. She is a Store Manager getting crap money and too much pressure.
    She has been with the same company for 21 years, and as they have gotten bigger she has just become a number, and they don't seem to care about employees as much as they used to.
    She is really keen to get out of retail and work with me, but we're to scared to take the plunge. You might have just pushed us to make a decision with this post

my new printer. i click on print and it actually happens! within seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
    my new printer. i click on print and it actually happens! within seconds!
    I find that a little bit hard to believe

Beating New South Wales ....... AGAIN !!
    Everybody is entitled to MY opinion

A great client who recommends you to one of his clients (he runs a shed company) for a job big enough to enable me to unload 4-5 PITA clients......haven't got it yet but the quoting is under way.

The idea of working with your partner sound terrible to me.
    You will end up having an offsider you cant tell off, or sack.
    You will have to pay the same as you get.
    You will end up doing all the sh#t jobs your offsider should be doing.
    You will have to find a toilet regularly.
    You won't be able to have a quick fish/ sleep/ beer if you finish early.
    And then what happens if one of your customers starts swearing at them?

Succesfully finished 6 month trial at a 175 townhouse body corp. Signed 2 year contract yesterday. Very happy.

Phil if you don't mind me asking how do you go obtaining these type of contracts. I am after this type of thing and then can palm off my domestic clients and concentrate what time I have on a fewer number of the larger jobs.

What sort of price is a contract for this period worth? Obviously I don't expect you to give full details but would love to have some more information.

Please PM me or email me direct backtobasicslawncare@bigpond.com

Cheers
    Dennis...
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

Page 47 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast