Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

When I cant reason out of an argument??? are you serious? its not an argument happy I thought you might like a cheaper better alternative and I was actualy trying to help you then you get all defensive thinking I am having a go.. A proffesional printed flyer printed on the propper paper will always look better than someone printing a flyer on A4 paper then cutting in half with a guillotine, People know straight away cz they look tacky. First impressions and all that... Its like photos why would you bother printing them your self when you can get a better quality and cheaper photo printed at the shop for $0.15 a photo? maybe you could do it cheaper yourself if you print on A4 paper lol imagine what the photo album will look like lol If you dont know what size a DL is your not going to do a proffesional job even if you think you are..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

I am happy that I use profesional marketing practices

i use colored paper, (this time we bought reflex tints) so its double the white price (the printers quote was for same)

an old marketing trick to make your flyer stand out

i think we paid a little over $9 a ream but i just round it to $10 by habit

the toner cartridges are a little over $60 each, im estimating at 2800 a4 pages per (but still havent run one out to see, then i'll average a total of 3 cart's to get my final average costings)

for me, its better, i buy $50 to $100 paper, and a couple toners, to have one spare in the cupboard) and then dont have to outlay more money for several months, dont have to store or protect great boxes of pre printed stuff, and i can change my ads / quotes etc as i go - seasonal ads, targeted ads, etc

as simmo always says, its about your MESSAGE not your MEDIUM

Very Helpful Member

AJD are you saying that there aren't 3 DL to an A4 page because that's what happy is saying and that's what i thought it was as well also as i believe happy said he can and does change the flyers depending on the season and areas he is targeting whereas if he gets 50,000 at once they will all be the same and if he fills up his diary after dropping off 20,000 then he has 30,000 wasted flyers =wasted money i have about 500 flyers left from a batch i had printed which i must remember to throw out as i will never use them

i really have to learn to type faster
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    When I cant reason out of an argument??? are you serious? its not an argument happy I thought you might like a cheaper better alternative and I was actualy trying to help you then you get all defensive thinking I am having a go.. A proffesional printed flyer printed on the propper paper will always look better than someone printing a flyer on A4 paper then cutting in half with a guillotine, People know straight away cz they look tacky. First impressions and all that... Its like photos why would you bother printing them your self when you can get a better quality and cheaper photo printed at the shop for $0.15 a photo? maybe you could do it cheaper yourself if you print on A4 paper lol imagine what the photo album will look like lol If you dont know what size a DL is your not going to do a proffesional job even if you think you are..

well,

its NOT cheaper

Its NOT better

see youre ARGUING still

i DO agree with photos, thats definately cheaper at kmart - but i never talked about photos, different ball game

whats propper paper? i use reflex tints, its quality paper (better than printing guys use, they buy the el cheapo chinese stuff by the pallet, cos it saves em a few bucks, with the quantities they use)

it doesnt look tacky, ive got a good guillotine , i can cut straight, just like they taught us at skool, lol

its a laser printer (business quality), it looks BETTER than ink professional printing - ive got some here done "proffesionally" as you put it, and mine are superior quality - really.

a DL size is 3 to an a4 page, (ive got some a4's "DL folded" for auspost, so i am confident of my guess here) - cant you put 3 together and fit em on an a4? there ya go !!

"people know straight away" - i REALLY lol at this comment - im getting swags of work from them in winter, mate, so i think they work pretty good

maybe i take more care with mine than some youve seen in the past.

but cheaper - no

better - no

hey but im happy with em, and getting tons of work off em, so the proofs in the pudding.

cheers

No I know the size of a DL Ian I always have. I take on board that you can change by printing yourself what I am saying is you can get them done cheaper and a profesional job rather than doing them yourself.. Origionaly when I started I had in mind doing it myself and had some that I made and in my mind and my families mind we thought they were good but after looking at the quality of a proffesional print on the corect paper there is no comparison not only with the look but the wording of what works and what doesnt.. I could feed my own ego by telling my self mine was as good but I would be dreaming..

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    well,

its NOT cheaper

Its NOT better

see youre ARGUING still

i DO agree with photos, thats definately cheaper at kmart - but i never talked about photos, different ball game

whats propper paper? i use reflex tints, its quality paper (better than printing guys use, they buy the el cheapo chinese stuff by the pallet, cos it saves em a few bucks, with the quantities they use)

it doesnt look tacky, ive got a good guillotine , i can cut straight, just like they taught us at skool, lol

its a laser printer (business quality), it looks BETTER than ink professional printing - ive got some here done "proffesionally" as you put it, and mine are superior quality - really.

a DL size is 3 to an a4 page, (ive got some a4's "DL folded" for auspost, so i am confident of my guess here) - cant you put 3 together and fit em on an a4? there ya go !!

"people know straight away" - i REALLY lol at this comment - im getting swags of work from them in winter, mate, so i think they work pretty good

maybe i take more care with mine than some youve seen in the past.

but cheaper - no

better - no

hey but im happy with em, and getting tons of work off em, so the proofs in the pudding.

cheers

Ok Happy if they float your boat use them

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Well, I print black and white A5 on quality high gloss paper ($4 a ream for 550 ) so mine stand out from all the colour "junk mail"

Sometimes I go to office works and pay 4c per page for an A4 page and get them to cut to A5 (2c each).

In my previous life I owned a toner cartridge business and my wife currently runs a printing business (catalogues, business cards, letterheads, flyers etc) and I can say a full colour business grade laser printer is slightly better quality than ink on standard white gloss paper... high end gloss varnished and matt finnished papers (high grade quality paper 150gsm) will usually produce slightly better results from a printing press (commercial printer) if the operater has set the adjustments of colour (pre-press) correctly... On 80gsm or 100gsm the paper is to thin for a printing press and results in lower quality (just look at coles and Kmart catalogues... there around 65gsm and look cheap... they only do this to save costs on the weight).

Home inkjet printers are crap and expensive in comparison to both and can't be compared with either... full stop.

Again... the MESSAGE is what really counts though!

I have to ask the question AJD... how many of the 50,000 flyers have u distributed... and how do you distribute them?

I would have well over a dozen runs if i distributed 50,000 flyers.

Simmo.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Well, I print black and white A5 on quality high gloss paper ($4 a ream for 550 ) so mine stand out from all the colour "junk mail"

Sometimes I go to office works and pay 4c per page for an A4 page and get them to cut to A5 (2c each).

In my previous life I owned a toner cartridge business and my wife currently runs a printing business (catalogues, business cards, letterheads, flyers etc) and I can say a full colour business grade laser printer is slightly better quality than ink on standard white gloss paper... high end gloss varnished and matt finnished papers (high grade quality paper 150gsm) will usually produce slightly better results from a printing press (commercial printer) if the operater has set the adjustments of colour (pre-press) correctly... On 80gsm or 100gsm the paper is to thin for a printing press and results in lower quality (just look at coles and Kmart catalogues... there around 65gsm and look cheap... they only do this to save costs on the weight).

Home inkjet printers are crap and expensive in comparison to both and can't be compared with either... full stop.

Again... the MESSAGE is what really counts though!

I have to ask the question AJD... how many of the 50,000 flyers have u distributed... and how do you distribute them?

I would have well over a dozen runs if i distributed 50,000 flyers.

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post

The store here charges 20 cents per copy. Said no thanks to that.

Hi Simo dont want to hijack what makes you happy so will move over to response marketing

its funny ajd, i sense youre the kind of guy has trouble admitting when youre just wrong

"mine" are CHEAPER than "yours" - FACT

mine look better than ones i have had "proffesionally" done

the "wording" lol - thats the same whether you print yourself or get "proffesionally" done - its the copy that YOU write - maybe in some peoples cases, its this "message" that makes their flyer fail, - blame the MESSAGE not the MEDIUM as simmo says - the printing guys dont write the copy, YOU do. if it fails, its YOUR fault.

and when you get 50,000 done up, you cant change this message, and like simmo says, how many of the 50,000 flyers have you actually used, and i agree, if i delivered 50,000 flyers on my current responses, id have enough clients for 5 runs too - in fact 50,000 flyers would last me 3 years !!! think of your cash flow, too, locking up your dough in those flyers for 3 years, instead of printing them as you need to, and being free to change your MESSAGE depending on the season etc.

the paper - is good quality, better than some "proffesionals" use

its a black "and white" laser printer, its far superior than a home inkjet printer, and is in fact superior to the ink printing presses "proffesionals" use - its the same quality as what you get from office works, as they use lasers

if the proofs in the pudding, how many of your flyers have you delivered, ajd, and how many clients do you get with them, that you need 50,000 printed?

maybe you need to change your MESSAGE - oh, but now you cant since youve got 35,000 flyers left, you cant "waste that money"

thats the facts jack

change of subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last night at karate the kid that i was saying about in the grumpy thread the other week( the one with the mother that does like to go outside in winter) came back to class. apparently he had been complaining to his mum cos he wanted to come and gave her a bad conscience.

happy now

[QUOTE=Kathryn;101734]change of subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last night at karate the kid that i was saying about in the grumpy thread the other week( the one with the mother that does like to go outside in winter) came back to class. apparently he had been complaining to his mum cos he wanted to come and gave her a bad conscience.

hahahaha good on him , make sure he realy dose well kathryn .............................

makes me happy, from one of my flyers, got a customer, doing about $1800 work for her atm, (about 14 hours work) and shes gona save up for another $1200 odd's worth (about 8 hours work)

those flyers sure make me good money

happy happy happy

Page 50 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast