Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

currently sipping on a glass of johnny walker doubble black and ice = a free bottle that was a thank you gift i recived the other day = butifull ....

Took most of last week off with a virus - 1st the wife then me, BUT the good side of that was I put all work back 1 week.
    Now every 4th week up to September is currently planned as FREE TIME barring anymore sickies

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Took most of last week off with a virus - 1st the wife then me, BUT the good side of that was I put all work back 1 week.
    Now every 4th week up to September is currently planned as FREE TIME barring anymore sickies
    just in case anyone else was as confused as i was by this post i looked it up in a dictionary

Noun 1. free time - time available for hobbies and other activities that you enjoy
    spare time
    time off - a time period when you are not required to work; "he requested time off to attend his grandmother's funeral"
    2. free time - time that is free from duties or responsibilities
    spare time
    leisure, leisure time - time available for ease and relaxation; "his job left him little leisure"

still don't know if i understand the concept but does sound kind of interesting
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    just in case anyone else was as confused as i was by this post i looked it up in a dictionary

Noun 1. free time - time available for hobbies and other activities that you enjoy
    spare time
    time off - a time period when you are not required to work; "he requested time off to attend his grandmother's funeral"
    2. free time - time that is free from duties or responsibilities
    spare time
    leisure, leisure time - time available for ease and relaxation; "his job left him little leisure"

still don't know if i understand the concept but does sound kind of interesting
    Sorry mate, I forgot to add I put in the ear plugs when at home just for the wife

Do you get one of those NAGING headaches to
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

$800 earned for the day, my lawn done and finished by 2pm! How good!!!!!!!!!!!
    Life's a garden, dig it! Life's a garden, dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by geoff1969 View Post
    currently sipping on a glass of johnny walker doubble black and ice = a free bottle that was a thank you gift i recived the other day = butifull ....
    Worked through all long weekend on 7 commercial jobs with 3 off thoses being for one single Platnium/Titanium customer.

Not had a day off to myself in 4 weeks, as I have been doing 700k's travels shifting my elderly father on the previous two alternating weekends into our family's house.

So today and tomorrow I have rescheduled to allow a two day break!!!!!!!. (Yes two days without quilt I'm trying too achieve). But with only Thurs + Friday left in the week, Sat will be a work day just to barely keep up.

Sunny+ day here in Albury/Wodonga, playing with my youthful Golden Retriver over a few very cold Carlton Draughts, arr great to be home. But have to log off and do the misses check list of jobs to be done or it will be a sour/grumpy evening ahead.

Will be posting thinnly for a while as with father now living with us till his new home is available mid August two streets away. The office/study where my computers are, is his new temp bedroom.
    So time is limited to necessary Business PC work and then personal space privacey is given back Dad.
    Even though it's a day off, the phone still rings. After the next beer they will have go to message bank me thinks.
    Cheers Garry

Gaz let me get this straight you have to log off to do the misses, because your dad is moving in for a while so no hanky panky ,is this right ????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Gaz let me get this straight you have to log off to do the misses, because your dad is moving in for a while so no hanky panky ,is this right ????????????????????
    Sheeish, that made me recheck my wording, thankfully its was all typed OK for a change.
    When I had this rather newish house of ours built, we had all internal walls fitted with 1.5 batts. For better heating/cooling retention and S____d Proofing.
    That may answer your answer your question.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    Sheeish, that made me recheck my wording, thankfully its was all typed OK for a change.
    When I had this rather newish house of ours built, we had all internal walls fitted with 1.5 batts. For better heating/cooling retention and S____d Proofing.
    That may answer your answer your question.
    You must make alot of noise in one minute thats why i didnt bother

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Admin,

Behave, your the last person that I thought would further assist this thread to go off on a tangent.
    Cheers Garry

When my 4yo daughter calls my lawnmower a "lawnmale"
    Independent and i know it

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

When you get a call at 5.30pm on a friday arvo to say what a wonderful job you did today.

It is a standard $45 - 3 weekly mow (winter) - but It did have an additional thousand or so leaves on the ground which did look untidy before i mowed. Took about an extra 5 mins to blow leaves in the centre of the lawn and clean the path way and driveways. Client is never home (working) and I have only spoke to her over the phone but mainly email and text, so was surprised by the call and "thinking the worst"

After 5 mins on the phone she finally gets to the point and asked if I would be interested in quoting her workplace (5 streets away from my house ) as her boss isn't happy with there contractor and the gig is up for grabs and she needs to find someone. She also mentioned that there current bill is over $5K a month and the current contractor spends around 4 - 5 hours a week maintaining the site.

The site is a decent size but mainly driveways and parking spots (around 150 car parking spots) as I have had them on my "wish list" when i get a ride on and target commercial sites.

Looks like I might be needing a ride on (probably could get away with a self propelled) and a back pack blower (or possibly a sweeper)

She also mentioned there is over 100 employee's based at this location and that she will refer me to all the staff.

Now who said i was planning to dump her (as she is out of my immediate area) when things pick up again in spring

NOW THAT MAKES ME HAPPY

Simmo.

good one simmo,

never hurts to do an excellent job.

you KNOW you want a ride on. dont ya. yes you do.

i had a good one today, mowing only for $280, finished in two hours (very very hard yakka though to get it done in that time), got 3 cubic metres of clippings.

$140 an hour for mowing aint bad.

quoted a big one from one of my flyers today, over $2000.00 + of garden/hedges alone, PLUS mulch to spread, gutters to clean, and lawn to mow

see if i get that one, dont know whether to wish for it or against it, lol - only be happy when i finish it and see if i quoted right.

4 to 5 metre high hedges to be cut back to 2 metres, i estimate 4 big ute loads of green waste. its a big job, hope i quoted enough.

still too flat out for my liking, have to start dialling the flyers back a couple of notches.

cheers

simmo is amazing how one customer can lead to great spin offs...years ago i was mowing a client outside my area and continually thought about dumping them but they were great payers and always gladly paid for add ons ,turns out it led to two taberats and a office complex through their families working at those establishment giving me a leg up ...looking over my client list its amazing how some of the small ones led to big contracts because they were involved in the company etc..One client led to 12 properties of family and friends...good luck mate

Page 52 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast