Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Very Helpful Member

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

i can trace about $30,000p/a back to one client probably even more if i really looked into where my clients have come from
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    When you get a call at 5.30pm on a friday arvo to say what a wonderful job you did today.

It is a standard $45 - 3 weekly mow (winter) - but It did have an additional thousand or so leaves on the ground which did look untidy before i mowed. Took about an extra 5 mins to blow leaves in the centre of the lawn and clean the path way and driveways. Client is never home (working) and I have only spoke to her over the phone but mainly email and text, so was surprised by the call and "thinking the worst"

After 5 mins on the phone she finally gets to the point and asked if I would be interested in quoting her workplace (5 streets away from my house ) as her boss isn't happy with there contractor and the gig is up for grabs and she needs to find someone. She also mentioned that there current bill is over $5K a month and the current contractor spends around 4 - 5 hours a week maintaining the site.

The site is a decent size but mainly driveways and parking spots (around 150 car parking spots) as I have had them on my "wish list" when i get a ride on and target commercial sites.

Looks like I might be needing a ride on (probably could get away with a self propelled) and a back pack blower (or possibly a sweeper)

She also mentioned there is over 100 employee's based at this location and that she will refer me to all the staff.

Now who said i was planning to dump her (as she is out of my immediate area) when things pick up again in spring

NOW THAT MAKES ME HAPPY

Simmo.
    Good one Simmo I hope you make a squilion mate..
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by happymowin View Post
    good one simmo,

never hurts to do an excellent job.

you KNOW you want a ride on. dont ya. yes you do.

i had a good one today, mowing only for $280, finished in two hours (very very hard yakka though to get it done in that time), got 3 cubic metres of clippings.

$140 an hour for mowing aint bad.

quoted a big one from one of my flyers today, over $2000.00 + of garden/hedges alone, PLUS mulch to spread, gutters to clean, and lawn to mow

see if i get that one, dont know whether to wish for it or against it, lol - only be happy when i finish it and see if i quoted right.

4 to 5 metre high hedges to be cut back to 2 metres, i estimate 4 big ute loads of green waste. its a big job, hope i quoted enough.

still too flat out for my liking, have to start dialling the flyers back a couple of notches.

cheers
    I been way to busy to drop flyers I will wait until I get some help before puting any more out.. My flyers work a bit to well I think

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    I been way to busy to drop flyers I will wait until I get some help before puting any more out.. My flyers work a bit to well I think

i spose its a shame you got 50,000 made up all at once then

LOL no its part of my long term business plan Happy.. Hey dont forget to take some pictures of them jobs and put up so we can get some tips..

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    LOL no its part of my long term business plan Happy.. Hey dont forget to take some pictures of them jobs and put up so we can get some tips..

i just dont get the "pictures of lawns" justifying anything

the fact is any fool can mow a lawn - its not hard - even home owners get it right a lot of the time

the skill in this business is

1. getting customers (marketing)

2. getting repeat business (follow up)

3. maximizing profit (charging more/controlling costs)

4. minimizing time to do a job/overhead time

so how does a picture of a lawn tell you anything?

what you really should be asking for is my marketing tips/how i earn 100 to 150 an hour mowing; 100 to 200 an hour hedging; how i earn 200 to 800+ an hour cleaning gutters.

pictures of a mown lawn? you make me laugh.

any idiot can mow a lawn - its how much you EARN off that lawn, how long it takes you to mow it and how many you can fit into a certain period, and how many return for another mow, how much you control your expenditure and how much you spend on marketing to get a customer.

how do i take a photo of THAT?

I had the engine warning light come on in my Hilux this week and lost a lot of the electrics. Looked up the manual and it's telling me it could be any one of a few expensive sounding faults.
    Took it to the mechanic and pumped through as many jobs as I could this week to cover the cost of a possible 'black box'.
    After a couple of hours searching, the mechanic finally tracked it to a short in the trailer plug

Best part, the final cost was $65.

A picture tells a thousand words .. If your getting $100 -$200 an hour hedging you must be verry good at it and I would say better than everyone on here..
    Anyone can mow a lawn yes true, but not everyone can get rid of all the weeds and make that lawn lush and beautiful.. Thats what gets word of mouth advertising take off, thats the best form as you have the job before you quote...
    Look at the photos that people put up like Fred,Redeye,Courty,Impala,Blacktop etc etc etc you know what they are saying are true, they earn respect straight away.

People can do all the 4 things mentioned but what about #5 "quality of work" thats what customers want in the end..
    Anyone can say anything but unless they can back it up it means jack Sh@t

Why are you so against showing people your beautiful work??? we all learn from ways people do things...

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post

After 5 mins on the phone she finally gets to the point and asked if I would be interested in quoting her workplace (5 streets away from my house ) as her boss isn't happy with there contractor and the gig is up for grabs and she needs to find someone. She also mentioned that there current bill is over $5K a month and the current contractor spends around 4 - 5 hours a week maintaining the site.

The site is a decent size but mainly driveways and parking spots (around 150 car parking spots) as I have had them on my "wish list" when i get a ride on and target commercial sites.

Looks like I might be needing a ride on (probably could get away with a self propelled) and a back pack blower (or possibly a sweeper)

She also mentioned there is over 100 employee's based at this location and that she will refer me to all the staff.

Now who said i was planning to dump her (as she is out of my immediate area) when things pick up again in spring

NOW THAT MAKES ME HAPPY

Simmo.
    Nice one Simmo. It's amazing how it happens like that.

now if you two boys can't play nice......

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Sorry Redey I already moved this to another thread but it just seems to keep coming back

Just qurious Redeye I know your good at what you do but do you make $100 - $200 per hour for hedging??
    I might get that by accident if I made a mistake when quoting a lump sum job but I would feel like I was ripping the client off if I charged that much per hour just for a hedge I am sure there are not that many dumbos out there that would pay that either,, is it just me ??

ajd

i could debate it with you, but then when you werent winning youd turn it into personally insulting rubbish

so whats the use of that?

No realy Happy I would like proof of what you say cz it just doesnt add up..
    You say you earn $100-$150 per hour lawn mowing on your own and you say you do resi work. Well I would like to know how you get your mower to go like a racing car? mine is set as fast as it will go and I am compeditive with my rates with Jims...

$100-$200 per hour Hedging how do you do that??

and on average $500 per hour gutter cleaning!!! I know a gutter cleaner who specilizers in gutter cleaning he has been doing it for 20 years, he has harnesess and the works and he tells me he can make on a good job $100 per hour and thats Sydney prices..

You do all this and you earn under $75K!!!
    I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but I know 2+2 does not equate to 10..

I for one am finding these claims outlandish and need proof not words before I believe them... For me these claims are making a mockerie of my fellow INDI contractors and this forum and the customers who feed us..

Admin is it possible for you to block me from seeing Happy Mowing's posts? I am sure other members are sick of this and I am sorry but I cant help but reply so its best I dont see it in the first place..

Had many a complaint so your not the only one .

Been sorted

Please Support The Sponsors www.lawnmowingdirectory.com.au

As they support this forum

Carrum downs Dandenong Doveton

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    i can trace about $30,000p/a back to one client probably even more if i really looked into where my clients have come from
    As long as they don't trace the thirty grand back to you, it should be okay

Page 53 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast