Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

finally someone has had the guts to speak the truth about the US Republicans' Tea Party - good on you Wayne, it needs to be repeated all over the world, they will lead us back into the Dark Ages

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    finally someone has had the guts to speak the truth about the US Republicans' Tea Party - good on you Wayne, it needs to be repeated all over the world, they will lead us back into the Dark Ages
    didn't realise you like politics

So here goes...

Simmo.

This is what i read...

JULIA Gillard has backed Wayne Swan's extraordinary intervention into US politics in which he claimed a Republican Party infiltrated by "cranks and crazies" posed a threat to the world's economy.

The opposition lashed the Treasurer over the comments, branding them a “calculated insult” against elected US politicians.

But the Prime Minister said Mr Swan was simply doing his job.

“The strength of the American economy matters to the global economy,” she said.

“The Treasurer has been making appropriate comments today about potential risks for the global economy and consequently for the Australian economy. You would expect him to be doing that.”

In a speech this morning, Mr Swan criticised the Republican Party's position on the US budget, warning that negotiations to prevent a “fiscal cliff” caused by a major withdrawal of government spending were critical to the global economy.

Swan criticises 'cranks and crazies'

“Let's be blunt and acknowledge the biggest threat to the world's biggest economy are the cranks and crazies that have taken over a part of the Republican Party,” he said.

The key line in the speech was softened slightly from an initial version provided to The Australian.

The original speech said “cranks and crazies” had “taken over the Republican Party”, not just “part of” it.

Opposition foreign affairs spokeswoman Julie Bishop accused Mr Swan of “yet another immature contribution” on the complex fiscal situation in the United States.

“He is showing reckless disregard for the debt burden the US faces.

“It was a calculated insult to the elected representatives of our key ally.”

She said Mr Swan was “an embarrassment in any event”, but would prove even more so if Republican candidate Mitt Romney won the US presidential election.

Tony Abbott said Mr Swan was in no position to dish out advice to others.

“The Treasurer of Australia should be bigger than going around labelling members of the Republican Party of the United States `cranks and crazies',” he said.

“They would be quite entitled to retort that the cranks and crazies are the people in charge of economic policy in Australia, giving this great country a completely unnecessary carbon tax and saddling generations of Australians yet unborn with the consequences of a $120 billion black hole of spending that Wayne Swan has promised.”

Shadow treasurer Joe Hockey said Mr Swan was peddling more Labor Party hatred, which was unproductive.

“What is it with the Labor Party and hatred?” Mr Hockey asked reporters in Sydney.

He said the Labor Party hated people that made money, and constantly attacked individuals who were successful and employed other Australians.

But Mr Swan responded: “The reason Tony Abbott and Joe Hockey have reacted ... is because they're importing this destructive style of politics to Australia.”

Mr Swan earlier stood by his speech, saying it would be “pretty inflammatory” to see the United States default on its debt.

“That would have very serious implications for the global economy,” he said.

“It's the last thing the global economy needs.”

The Treasurer also accused the federal opposition of stooping to Tea Party-style politics.

“I know there are people who will go out there like (Opposition Leader) Tony Abbott and talk our economy down and behave in a Tea Party fashion.

When former prime minister John Howard attacked then-presidential candidate Barack Obama in 2007, declaring terrorists would be hoping for his election as president, Labor howled in protest.

Then opposition leader Kevin Rudd moved a censure motion against Mr Howard in parliament, saying it was a grave matter to accuse the party of Franklin D Roosevelt, Harry S Truman and John F Kennedy of being the terrorists' party of choice.

“This is a serious matter,” he said at the time. “This is a grave mistake

Simmo.

as wayne said.......the truth hurts
    there is no place for extreme right wing religious nutters in politics aka the tea party and other elements from the southern states

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    didn't realise you like politics
    I don't particularly, both sides disgust me but the likes of Abbott and his US counterparts make me thankful I don't have any children

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    as wayne said.......the truth hurts
    there is no place for extreme right wing religious nutters in politics aka the tea party and other elements from the southern states
    yes i agree we should only listen to the extreme left wing atheist nutters in our parliament especially the ones from our southern most state
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Very Helpful Member

lets also forget that Australias debt when Wayne "the expert" Swan took over was $0 now
    http://www.debtclock.com.au/
    this should probably be in the things that make me grumpy section not this section
    I will also admit that being a Victorian I'm being totally confused about who to vote for because Julia Gillard and Federal Labor make me want to vote Liberal but Tony Abbott and the Victorian liberal party make me want to vote Labor
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

I'll vote Lib next election if they toss Abbott and run with Turnbull, I agree with you about the tassie element too

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Very Helpful Member

I'll vote Liberal at the next election if they toss Abott and shoot Turnbull don't know who they should/can have but would prefer someone else to either of them

Interesting how Hockey's new catchword is hatred (as in peddling hatred)......never heard it used before.....only since the last weekend riot. So over politicians atm.

Working on a sunny Saturday Morning (when honestly i didn't even want to get out of bed) and at my first job at 7.30am picked up a new client 2 doors up (starting to get happy) while doing the second job I get interupted again by a different guy asking if i could do his lawn on the opposite side of the road (thinking to myself, this is odd but heck... i'll take it). While I was doing the 3rd job for the day a guy walking a dog stops and gets my attention and asks - would you be interested in taking on a new mowing job - 4 very small kids playgrounds within the complex (about an hour and half in and out for all 4) need done fortnightly... quoted and he said its a done deal (this make me happy) he will get it signed off on Wednesday night.

I think spring is here

Simmo.

I got similar this morning too, but 2 walk ups. While on my way down the other end of the street, I see a lady and her son struggling with an electric mower on knee high kyke nature strip. I stopped and offered her the use of my back up mower while I worked on the job down the street. She asks if I will just do that one every fortnight and be done with it.
    After doing the original job, I went to get payment and found that infact my client has just moved out, and newbies just moved in. They payed me anyway and asked me to continue the service.
    I ring the previous client and she asked me to start her new place next week.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.....not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car!!!

Stuff like that never happens around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stump View Post
    I got similar this morning too, but 2 walk ups. While on my way down the other end of the street, I see a lady and her son struggling with an electric mower on knee high kyke nature strip. I stopped and offered her the use of my back up mower while I worked on the job down the street. She asks if I will just do that one every fortnight and be done with it.
    After doing the original job, I went to get payment and found that infact my client has just moved out, and newbies just moved in. They payed me anyway and asked me to continue the service.
    I ring the previous client and she asked me to start her new place next week.
    Nice! It's awesome when it all comes together...

Simmo.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Stuff like that never happens around here.
    I bet you it does.

Simmo.

Page 62 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast