Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

$50 tips for Xmas and from a relatively new client
    It kinda made up for the green ant that crawled up the inside of my strides and bit me in the crotch region
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by courty View Post
    $50 tips for Xmas and from a relatively new client
    It kinda made up for the green ant that crawled up the inside of my strides and bit me in the crotch region
    nah i don't think so,you can keep the $50 and i will keep an unbitten crotch thank you
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Local carols. With the family ,
    Independent and i know it

passing my 2nd dan grading on sunday. im still knackered from it
    Indy and proud

Congrats Kathryn, that's a great achievement.

lady who's yard i last mowed about 2 years ago before she decided to get her own mower, pita wanted u to be there when it suited and made u wait etc, before complaining about price etc...well she called today.
    pita: hi i was hoping you could come to my place today or early next week to mow, weed, trim etc etc.
    me: oh im so glad u called i was desperate for some extra work this close to christmas.
    pita: oh thats fantastic, when can u come?
    me: well im booked out today but i can be there 4pm Monday, does that suit?
    pita: yes...it does...lawns same as last time you were here and i can pay u $20 per hour for the gardening
    me:yeah why not..
    pita: marvelous!! marvelous!! I'll see you then.

Sterlo
    I spend most of my money on beer and horses, I just waste the rest....

http://www.sterlinggardenservices.com/

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sterlo View Post
    lady who's yard i last mowed about 2 years ago before she decided to get her own mower, pita wanted u to be there when it suited and made u wait etc, before complaining about price etc...well she called today.
    pita: hi i was hoping you could come to my place today or early next week to mow, weed, trim etc etc.
    me: oh im so glad u called i was desperate for some extra work this close to christmas.
    pita: yes...it does...lawns same as last time you were here and i can pay u $20 per hour for the gardening

Sterlo
    Actually, you should call her up and postpone the job until 12pm Tuesday

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Sterlo
    You're seriously not going to turn up..... are you?

Love it Sterlo, that gave me a good laugh.
    I have had the usual calls can you come and mow in the next few days. All from people who I have never heard from before. Standard answer yeah I probably can once I have finished mowing my regular clients lawns I might be able to fit you in. I will ring when I am coming.
    LOL **** I forgot to write down the number and I have left my glasses at home so I can't see the number on my phone OH Bugger!!!!

Wink Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Sterlo
    Have you put up your rates young fella?

This is an example of what I have been getting this week?

5.3pm Saturday on voicemail as I am too scared to answert the phone.

Hi John this is Peter, was just hoping I could get someone to do our our lawn this weekend, thats if you work Sundays but probably don't so if you could get back to me maybe you could do it on Monday

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    This is an example of what I have been getting this week?

5.3pm Saturday on voicemail as I am too scared to answert the phone.

Hi John this is Peter, was just hoping I could get someone to do our our lawn this weekend, thats if you work Sundays but probably don't so if you could get back to me maybe you could do it on Monday

You should call back tonight at 2am and say... I know you are probably asleep but I thought i would let you know that I'm not working Sunday and fully booked Monday with the family...

How about Tuesday 12.30pm

Simmo.
    New website coming soon...

www.mowinglawns.com.au

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post

You should call back tonight at 2am and say... I know you are probably asleep but I thought i would let you know that I'm not working Sunday and fully booked Monday with the family...

How about Tuesday 12.30pm

Simmo.
    that would be fantastic as i've got the family coming for dinner that night
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

You blokes are making me laugh.
    Cheers Garry

Just back from a week at Yamba.Had been a long time since we had done the coastal caravan park holiday,happy to report that the great aussie tradition hasn't been lost,there were families everywhere enjoying the sun & surf.The smell of BBQ's in the afternoon,kids actually playing and not engrossed in their electronic world and lets not forget the afternoon happy hour with those camped around you.
    My daughter and niece playing with my new toy
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

Page 67 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast