Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Nice old place! Real Estate says land size only 2 square metres though. You don't much for $900,000.00 down your your way!

Very nice OLD place,I just see my weekends filled with maintenance if I owned that :-(
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

tradies that are actually willing and offering to move their vehicles so that i could do some jungle taming today. normally it can be a real nuisance asking them to shift but todays bunch were great. probably just happy as the worksite is now less snakey. but it made my day easier
    Indy and proud

Kathryn,

It always helps to be carrying/hold your Chainsaw when need tradies to move there cars.

Seriously, I find on most ocassions they help out and are easy going blokes.

Although, I was doing the lawns for a compact house on a small block that had a carpet cleaning d*ckhead there and and an OK painter guy.
    I was doing the lawns and garden beds and the carpet guy was emptying out his carpet machine 4 to 5mtrs from the front door onto the front lawns. (grey fuff and waste water)
    The first time he did it I thought you disrespectful rude bast**d to me and the property owner. The second time he did l was in backyard and it pee'd me off further. The third time I said, I'll empty the grass catcher on carpets you FW and told the owner that the carpet guy was a fruit cake.
    Cheers Garry

Happened to me last week...
    I get a text from customer saying they have tradies working on the prop and that she'd told them Im coming and just to ask them to move. Cool, no problem.
    I get there, go through the motions and speak to them, they want me to mow this way, then that way so they dont have to move too far. There was hitching up a trailer involved.
    I just said NO, cant do that. I work this way and they need to move.

In the end they were cool as, no problem and they went on to tell me that the customer was going to cancel me for the day, because of them. They told her not to becasue they know how important the income is for everyone at the moment etc etc.
    I thought that was awesome for those guys to say that. Needless to say, Im not real happy with the customer!

So, Im happy that the tradies did what they did, not happy that the customer wanted to put me off! (just quietly, she'd been planting trees in the lawn. I text her saying be careful how many she does as it will add extra work, time and cost on her!" Anyhoooo....

On another note, Energex are reworking the power lines in the area (home) and tree loppers are going through trimming, um, trees!
    They where chipping this morning so I went down and asked them for some mulch..
    Thank you very much! Approx 30m of mostly whoop pine and some champhor laural mulch for free! I am sooooooo happy about that!!!!

IMG_1371.jpg

PaulG,

Can you please post a picture of what rain looks like.
    As my neck of the woods has a forecast of 20 to 40mms Tuesday and up to 50mm on Wed and not scattered rain, but a dump of rain.

Just would like to get my head around what rain looks like so me and the family don't have a panic attack with fright when it comes.
    Cheers Garry

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    PaulG,

Can you please post a picture of what rain looks like.
    As my neck of the woods has a forecast of 20 to 40mms Tuesday and up to 50mm on Wed and not scattered rain, but a dump of rain.

Just would like to get my head around what rain looks like so me and the family don't have a panic attack with fright when it comes.
    i think you've been sucked in Garry pretty sure rain is just a fairy tale
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    So just another Shrek Fairytale or Noah's Ark Great Flood storyline.
    Don't those Meteorologist's and good looking Weather Reading Ladies know what happend to Pinocchio when lies were told or the truth was stretched.

Paul, don't worry about the photo mate, it now seems there's no point.
    Cheers Garry

Ahhh! The long forgotten sound of rain on the roof, after several weeks of warm dry weather it's music to the ears

Looking at the BOM radar map though the rain appears to only be passing in a narrow strip through Victoria...I hope others in the area are getting their share as well.

Cheers

Kevin

We had drought before xmas, then everything went well and now too much rain. Didnt work last week and probably a day or 2 before I can get onto anything this week, if the showers stop NOW!
    Most of the rain missed us yesterday except for 60mm Sunday night and 15mm from a few scud showers yesterday. But thats on top of over 200mm last week.
    Soaked!

Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    Ahhh! The long forgotten sound of rain on the roof, after several weeks of warm dry weather it's music to the ears

Looking at the BOM radar map though the rain appears to only be passing in a narrow strip through Victoria...I hope others in the area are getting their share as well.

Cheers

Kevin
    Sure is music to your ears. Obviously none of us Melbournians have anything else to do as all this mornings replies are from here. Should get off the computer now always end up for an expensive day online shopping.
    Cheers,
    Al
    May's Total Garden Care
    www.maystotalgardencare.com
    Ph: 0400556979

Dedicated Member Cranbourne Lawnmowing's Avatar

Have just been to do a quote for a local business and it turns out the owner of the business is a bloke I know. Lost contact with him about 3 years ago.

Got the job needless to say.

Rain!!!!!!!

Whoo Hoo

Fabulous stuff. This is the first drop of decent rain in three months. Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Iain,

Mate you where correct -Today 0.6mm, radar showed we were getting the good stuff, but the concrete outside was only damp and not wet.
    BOM weather now wants me to believe again tomorrow for the similar events

Wednesday 27 February

Summary Min 20 Max 27 Heavy rain. Chance of a storm. Chance of any rain: 95% Rainfall amount: 40 to 80 mm

Think I'll just hook up my rig as normal and go to work and edge & mow the dry/crispy stuff. Put the radio peltors on and listen to all the rain reports from other parts of our great land.
    Cheers Garry

If we stuffed up our jobs as much as these weather reporters do we would be out of business. They should have their ass kicked. Example last Friday they said we were in for really bad weather high winds and flooding, all the old people who I went to on Friday to mow were scared ****less over this major weather event we were to have, its not right they put the wind up everyone and yes we got heavy rain on Saturday but nothing like they forecast.

Page 74 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast