Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Default Re: Things that make HAPPY ''''''

Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Mowing Professionals View Post
    There is nothing like 1 or 2 core suburbs close to home... apparently it can't be done

I've gotta seriously up my rates though, i'm no where near $120p/h for mowing residentials.

Simmo.

i dont make $120 an hour on all mows,

my usual pricing involves looking at the number of minutes from when i unload and start the first machine to when im all packed up ready to drive away, (i call it start-depart) then i add 10 minutes for one way travel, and charge the result at $75 an hour.

casuals ("non booked-in-regulars") get charged $5 to $10 more than this amount too.

so a 30 minute job, charged at 40 minutes, is $50 for a regular, and $55 to $60 for a casual (depending on the degree of pita) - i have a table of pricing made up in excel so i dont have to think about it lol

by summer this year, ALL my clients will be in the one suburb (90 % are there now), and i wont go outside of that suburb for all the good reasons,

it takes me 10 minutes to drive to there from home, and 5 minutes drive max between any customer (then i find i dont have to demand certain schedules or order of run between customers - i just dont care, as "i'm always there", which is what i tell clients too - if they want to change the schedule or day, no probs im flexible).

i have only one customer left who i use the rideon mower at, by summer, i will give that away, too much hassle to load it on for the one job.

its one benefit of keeping the same run and building the run over the years, it keeps improving bit by bit, both the quality of the customers, and how much i make from each one, and travel, fuel and overheads keep dropping

cheers

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    All my customers are within 10 minutes from home
    Yeah but one day you'll get done for speeding
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

all mine are within 2 minutes of home - the joys of living in a small community

http://curraronggardening.com/

"All sin is washed away in the Holy goodness of Beer"
    Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    Yeah but one day you'll get done for speeding
    Already had that happen lol
    AJD Mowing Giving Back Your Life

http://www.ajdmowing.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    all mine are within 2 minutes of home - the joys of living in a small community
    Hey Redey what time is the Easter south coast indi catch up start? half of Sydney is on its way down to Currarong.I think they want to stay at your joint. Remember I got the love bus

A good easter a feast set for King's hope every one had a good easter....Butter cup you stay real....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

oops! just saw your post Dean, maybe next Easter lol

seriously, wish all these bloody tourists would bugger off home

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Your a party pooper redey..

As 63impala is leaving the indusry of lawn mowing for know to persue a carrer....

When very young a hell razzor in the back yard my father and his brother....brother being his neighbour were allways in competion....they used to throw knifes to see who was the better one any way I tock it on bored spending hours a day throwing a knife at the ground when young this is cool to some....inrolled in to comptions a Fast hawk and won a few tournaments for my age group....

Its more a passion so figgerd if could work towards getting nice acreage property and see how many are interesded in this sport of throwing....

As you can see not a easy as it looks could throw a fast hawk over 40m and hit the tarrget after a few years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-u0V-x0rfs

Cheers 63impala....
    But if you aint ''STIHL'' you aint real....

Happy to be alive tonight. Was coming home from Brisbane late this evening and coming through roadworks was almost turned into a sardine can between two B-Double semi-trailers when I was only 5 minutes from home. At the time 'shaking' was an understatement. I couldn't have got any closer to the truck that cut in in front of me and the one behind managed to pull up about 30cms from the back of my car. Camphor Laurel trees to my left and roadwork machinery to my right; I had nowhere to go.

Very Helpful Member

buying something on ebay then receiving a notice from the seller that he over estimated the postage cost and has processed a partial refund
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by 63impala View Post
    As 63impala is leaving the indusry of lawn mowing for know to persue a carrer....

When very young a hell razzor in the back yard my father and his brother....brother being his neighbour were allways in competion....they used to throw knifes to see who was the better one any way I tock it on bored spending hours a day throwing a knife at the ground when young this is cool to some....inrolled in to comptions a Fast hawk and won a few tournaments for my age group....

Its more a passion so figgerd if could work towards getting nice acreage property and see how many are interesded in this sport of throwing....

As you can see not a easy as it looks could throw a fast hawk over 40m and hit the tarrget after a few years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-u0V-x0rfs

Cheers 63impala....

hey i only just saw this, whats happened to imp?

hey, imp, what are ya gonna be doing?

sad to see ya go and all.

but good luck with whatever yer doing now

cheers

I will be happy if one of you good people would "like" my facebook page - I have 29 likes, need one more to get access to activity info
    cheers

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Quote Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
    I will be happy if one of you good people would "like" my facebook page - I have 29 likes, need one more to get access to activity info
    cheers
    Just done, since par of jervis bay is the ACT

cheers mate, yep the sth'n side is ACT in places - my brother lives in Calwell

Book of Redeye, Psalm 69

Page 76 of 144 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144 LastLast