Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: 2007 Mulchmaster 550 - 2011 Mulchmaster 560

Default 2007 Mulchmaster 550 - 2011 Mulchmaster 560

I don't have a dedicated utility, but that's gona change very very soon.

Was looking at the Victa Mastercut 460 24inch job, but with no SP function. It runined that choice for me + it maybe a bit biggish as I do have a 26hp ride on for use on larger properties.
    The Deutscher Xe560type SP would be way too dear and maybe a bit too serious type of mower when not being using everyday.

So I will get my contractors quote for Victa Mulchmaster 560 for the 2S and 190 Honda engineered models.
    If the Deutscher options a 190 Honda donk, then it must have enough grunt for the Victa Mulchmaster 560 one would think as I prefer 4S (I think) depending on price diff against the 2S.

It has to be an SP and I just couldn't imagine life without the SP function.

So my original posted topic was
    Does anyone know what, if any upgrade was done between the 550 Mastercut and the current 560 model? Any general feedback on the 550/560 would be good. I have read some older posts ie below re the 550.
    Which is why I wanted to know if any enhancement was done to the 560 model release.

http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/pr...5&pp=15&page=2
    Thanks,
    Cheers Garry

Default Re: 2007 Mulchmaster 550 - 2011 Mulchmaster 560

Just read this more update post re 560.
    http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9419
    and
    http://www.indmowing.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8748
    So there maybe not much more to read up on apart from buy one.
    Cheers Garry

The 460 is a 18inch utility the 24" you are talking about is the Super 600.

AS for 550's and 560's sounds like you should stick to the 550
    South Coast Mowing & Gardening Services
    www.southcoastmowing.com

as SCW said, a second hand 550 seems to be the go over the 560 quality wise if you can find one

Don't think I would find a real good second hand 550, plus I don't like buying second things in general.
    Also by buying new of my dealer I get priority immediate while I wait or same day service as a contractor even in the peak growing season like the year we just experienced. (I have mentioned this magic service provided on other posts)

Got me quotes at $1100 for the SP Honda GSV190 and $1200 for GXV 190 so it's the GXV one.
    Well one positive on the newer 560 is the better set up of mulch to side throw conversion design I'm lead to believe.

My Turfmaster 530 gear box which is my number one used mower has been faultless with regular cleaning around the lower clutch lever. Whilst its a different gear box set up. One hopes for similar hassle free operation, time will tell I guess.
    My dealer is a trusty worthy dealer who looks after his customers like the old days.
    Just need to work out do I order this financial yr or take delivery on the 1st of July.

For those with a 550, are you happy of it's performance when conditions are damp or wet. Realising no mow will be perfect.
    Thanks,
    Cheers Garry

I've got a real old 550, the old orange one, self propelled. It's not a dedicated mulcher, but with an improvised home made plug it does a passable job.

It has the old Victa 2 stroke and still runs strong. I like the 2 stroke because I use it on a lot of steep blocks, so no danger of oil starvation.

It's a brilliant mower and has more than earned its keep. It powers through wet grass and other than replacing a condenser and a couple of belts, it's never let me down.

If yours is half as good as mine has been, you'll never part with it.

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Good luck finding a 560 i ordered one 3 month ago and its been comin the next couple of days for 2 months cancled the order today. Had so many problems with the new 550 they dont make mowers like they use to. I am honestly thinking domestic toro for 600 from bunnings and when something gos wrong it goes in the shed. they give a year commercial and 3 years domestic if i get a year out of a 600 dollar machine that be better than what ive been getting now spent more than that on repairs of the 550 i brought in december
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

I bought a used 550 from a dealer (his own personal mower) a few mths ago. I was ready to take the loss and sell the damned thing. The drive wheels would not turn independently meaning I'd have to drag the thing around turns, lift azz end etc.
    Went to use it the other day, pushed on lever.... nothing! Took it back and apparently rust had formed on the springs and on a lever in the drive system. Basically, the SP system had seized. They replaced springs, cleaned and lubed it up. I used it yesterday and it turned and pushed like the Honda. I am now relatively happy with it.
    Although, I reckon the motor isnt powerful enough and the blades dont give enough lift. It also needs a low gear for long grass. Wish I could put a Honda motor on it!

G`day Mick

I bought a Victa 550 SP with 2 stroke a few weeks ago, after starting it up , it just seemed as though it did not want to rev very hard. I spoke to a few mates & they all said the exhaust port is probably carboned up.

Took the muffler off & sure enough it was chokers with carbon.Gently removed the carbon, put the muffler back on & now it revs out really well.

This might be your problem.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks mate but it seems to run fine, just wont keep the revs up where I want them. Its acting exactly the same as the brand new victa utility I had before it. That said, I will check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks Folks for the imputed info.

Yesterday I placed an order for the 560 with a 190 honda. hope my one has been made/assembled mid week.
    Must say the wire SP activation handle doesn't impress me, think I would prefer the SP handle activator that the Turfmaster 530 has. But maybe its just that I'm used to the Turfmaster setup.
    Now I need to work out which chain saw to get, I leaning towards the new Husky (L) rated 445e 16in 45.7cc Trio Braked model as against a (H) rated model 236 being flogged of for under $299.
    Cheers Garry