Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mowing Software

Default Mowing Software

Hi everybody,
    I just joined the site so be gentle with me please..
    Just a brief story about me In 1997 I moved from TAS to QLD after a Sea change. I bought a VIP franchise did it for 3 years sold it then went back to my trade (Bricklayer) then last October started my own Lawn Mowing/Gardening business from scratch I now have 47 customers coming into winter so hoping to do the same again when spring comes..Any questions re being in a franchise I will be more than happy to say it as it is..

Anyway just wondering if any of you guys/Girls know of a good software program for lawn mowing?

Default Re: Mowing Software

i dont know of any computers that mow lawns, maybe one of those robotic gizmos but i reckon theyd have the software pre installed? LOL nah seriously though i presume your talking about scheduling etc, most guys seem to be keen on Gopher.

Hi Corys,
    mmmmm a computerised lawn mower there is food for thought lol
    I did the trial version of Gopher but I found it good but not that user friendly and it is a US thing just wondering if there is an Ozy one made just for us?

Gooogle "Lawn Mowing Software" Or "Dog wash Software". Similar stuff. I wrote out a massive reply with heaps of links but got logged out. so in a nutshell go Gooogle the above.
    Gopher doesn't impress me and if I cant find an Australian package then I'll write my own with access.

Use the search function on here. There is a thread dedicated to it. Search is your friend
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Thanks Aido and Bluey will try the search engine here still finding my way around this site lol I have tried google and looked at heaps of stuff but just haven't found the right one yet. I will keep looking thanks

Cheers
    Dean

Hi AJD Mowing. I am using a software called Essential PIM and i works well for scheduling jobs. You have to enter all the details, but you can then move the appointment around and have them repeating when you want.

Welcome AJ, im a bricklayer by trade as well..been laying em for 20yrs or so, decided id had enough and started my own lawn business last yr..around same time as you actually ..currently have 22 customers and in desperate need to gain more, just a question ..how did u get so many customers in so little time?
    Anyways welcome ..theres a wealth of info here, and some great ppl as well.
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Thanks Soulmates I have downloaded the free version will have a look at it soon..

Quote Originally Posted by AJD Mowing View Post
    Hi Corys,
    mmmmm a computerised lawn mower there is food for thought lol
    I did the trial version of Gopher but I found it good but not that user friendly and it is a US thing just wondering if there is an Ozy one made just for us?
    I would disagree with the comment that Gopher isn't user friendly. I find it extremely adaptable and easy to use. Postponing jobs, setting repeat visits, recording quotes, recording weekly and monthly business totals is all very easy to use. Although it is a US program you can change all the units to metric and little else is different in how we run a business here. Personally i don't use it for invoicing and accounting, preferering to use MYOB as my accounting solution but it does the ability to do this if required.

Hi Brettly,
    Its so good to get away from the trade hey? It realy has gone to the back in the last 20 years Im afraid...
    What I have done is purchased a Postie bike off ebay and got 30,000 flyers made up then off I went. You gotta put a lot out and keep going over the same area about every 3 months so it gets in peopl's minds. I also have good signage on my trailer. people see you on the road, mowing lawns, then the flyer hits their letter box again and again then when they are ready they will ring...
    I notice on the main site here you can buy leads for $6 not sure how that works but wouldn't mind finding out?

Now winter is nearly here pple are going from 1-2 wks out to 3-4 wks so I lay bricks Thursday and Frid until September then back on my bike...

Cheers mate all the best..

Dean

Hi Readlandsguy,
    Thanks mate for the info. What I did was use the trial version for 1 month I set up 20 experimental customers and went through all the stuff but what I found some of the info didn't flow to the statistical pages. I thought it may have been a bit of a glitch in the system or just may have been the trial version.. Having said that it is the best one I have seen by a country mile so far. I am not going to use a software program until I hit 100 customers so I have a way to go as I am sitting on 47 at the moment I just want to get it right first go.. I will also be looking at a website that will be my next search..

Thanks mate I realy apreciate your feedback on Gopher
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Redlandsguy View Post
    I would disagree with the comment that Gopher isn't user friendly. I find it extremely adaptable and easy to use. Postponing jobs, setting repeat visits, recording quotes, recording weekly and monthly business totals is all very easy to use. Although it is a US program you can change all the units to metric and little else is different in how we run a business here. Personally i don't use it for invoicing and accounting, preferering to use MYOB as my accounting solution but it does the ability to do this if required.
    Yeah I would agree with that. Gopher has made my life easier.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Gopher is the best i have seem going round.

Saying that i agree it is not perfect, but as far as scheduling, changing schedules, Organising runs in the most practical way, setting up different customers, different prices for different aspects of your work etc.

Only one real thing i dislike with it is you cant easily see how many hours you have booked in for a particular day, so its hard to work out quickly if you can fit in more work or not, however i have over come this by adding a time to someones "job description" e.g. lawn mowing 0.75, so i can quickly click on a day and add them up in my head to work out that day.

Filled in the details on the Gopher homepage to get the link for the trial download twice this week but have not received a reply email from them containing the download link. Are they still in operation? Has anyone got a link to the download?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast