Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mowing Software

Default Re: Mowing Software

Quote Originally Posted by Aido View Post
    Filled in the details on the Gopher homepage to get the link for the trial download twice this week but have not received a reply email from them containing the download link. Are they still in operation? Has anyone got a link to the download?
    Try this..

http://gophersupport.com/download/fu...gopher2006.exe

i got it straight away, check your junk email???

All my mail is junk mail....

Gopher is a total waste of money....found that out the hard way. I write jobs in my diary. Then do a schedule on gmail calendar when i get home. Can then print out a daily run sheet or just sync it with the smart phone.

Jason Forrest
    Fair Dinkum Lawn & Garden Care
    Servicing St Clair, Erskine Park, Colyton, South St Marys
    0407 435 642

fairdinkumlawns.com.au

facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by fairdinkum View Post
    Gopher is a total waste of money....found that out the hard way. I write jobs in my diary. Then do a schedule on gmail calendar when i get home. Can then print out a daily run sheet or just sync it with the smart phone.
    Outlook would be better wouldn't it than using a web based calendar?
    Outlook tracks contacts, scheduling, notes etc and synchs with almost every phone.

Quote Originally Posted by fairdinkum View Post
    Can I ask what you expected from Gopher that it is such a waste of money?
    "I'm not alone cause the tv's on yeah,I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills.... everyday" Jimmy Eat World

http://www.dreamlawnsandlandscapes.com

I have tried several software packages but I have settled on http://www.keepiteasy.com.au an Australian designed package.

It has a great scheduling section and the back end accounting block meets all my needs and my Accountant is happy with it.

Still early days in terms of use (just 3 months) but to date it has been good to work with...support when needed has been prompt although the manual that has been provided with the software explains everything very well.

I particulary like it because it is Australian and has been designed for home based businesses with the emphasis on our industry.

Its just another option to consider for those looking for an industry based package.

Cheers

Premier

Just had a quick look at this Premier. Not bad and it is an Access based system which I know and like. On the surface just looking at it it looks pretty good. Any bugs you found yet or area wher it lets you down.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Just had a quick look at this Premier. Not bad and it is an Access based system which I know and like. On the surface just looking at it it looks pretty good. Any bugs you found yet or area wher it lets you down.
    Hi Bluey,

To date the program has run very smoothly, it is very intuitive so it's easy to operate.
    The scheduling and customer management section is excellent, changing job times or dates is just a click of the mouse, in fact the amount of information that you can enter against each clients profile is good, ie: cycle times, pricing, operator etc etc.
    You can print out daily run sheets, by operator if you have staff doing seperate runs for you..all of the necessary client details are on the run sheets.
    Like most packages you can email or sms your clients direct from the program, send quotes or letters.

The back end of the program is good, my accountant likes it, it has a number of simple graphs and charts that you can pull up to show expenses for the month for instance, or year to date details etc.
    It produces all of the necessary data for you BAS statement and more.

I'm happy with it, you can go to http://www.keepiteasy.com.au and download a free trial if you want to check it out for yourself.

Cheers

Premier

Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    Hi Bluey,

To date the program has run very smoothly, it is very intuitive so it's easy to operate.
    The scheduling and customer management section is excellent, changing job times or dates is just a click of the mouse, in fact the amount of information that you can enter against each clients profile is good, ie: cycle times, pricing, operator etc etc.
    You can print out daily run sheets, by operator if you have staff doing seperate runs for you..all of the necessary client details are on the run sheets.
    Like most packages you can email or sms your clients direct from the program, send quotes or letters.

The back end of the program is good, my accountant likes it, it has a number of simple graphs and charts that you can pull up to show expenses for the month for instance, or year to date details etc.
    It produces all of the necessary data for you BAS statement and more.

I'm happy with it, you can go to http://www.keepiteasy.com.au and download a free trial if you want to check it out for yourself.

Cheers

Premier
    Have downloaded and started to play but havn't got into it yet, it has a function to swap customers between a winter and a summer schedule which might be interesting

i downloaded the trial version this morning.Looks good, Would'nt function to well though.But i recieved a phone call from them advising me to install an update due to recent changes or bug fixes, Not sure exactly. Everything i tried to do would trigger an error. I sent them the details to look into it as i will persevere with it for a little longer i think. At least i can test their support before purchasing lol.

Instead of a 14 day trial they have changed it to 25 clients and 50 jobs which i think is a better option.
    Last edited by Neil&family; 16-05-2011 at 05:55 PM. Reason: trigger happy

Quote Originally Posted by Neil&family View Post
    i downloaded the trial version this morning.Looks good, Would'nt function to well though.But i recieved a phone call from them advising me to install an update due to recent changes or bug fixes, Not sure exactly. Everything i tried to do would trigger an error. I sent them the details to look into it as i will persevere with it for a little longer i think. At least i can test their support before purchasing lol.

Instead of a 14 day trial they have changed it to 25 clients and 50 jobs which i think is a better option.
    I did this too. My wife is looking for something for her pet minding business. We downloaded it and were setting it up when Selina rang us explaining how it all works. How good it that. She had just uploaded the new version to her site and was not sure if we had it or not. She gave us the link to the update and when we ran it there was a problem but she was on to it straightaway and the support was excellent. Had it up an running in a couple of minutes. We are setting it up now and if it works for Vicky I will get an extra license for myself which she will give me at a cheap rate. Told her I would trial it for her and post results back here.

From the outset it seems to be what a small operator needs. I am setting up the trial for a small sample of my clients to see what it can do but like the name says it is simple. Already have a few ideas for improvement but Selina told me VIP have been using a modified version for 7 or 8 years. With service like they provide they are probably on a winner provided it can do the job. Will keep you posted how it goes but first look is good. I do like the SMS function.
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I did this too. My wife is looking for something for her pet minding business. We downloaded it and were setting it up when Selina rang us explaining how it all works. How good it that. She had just uploaded the new version to her site and was not sure if we had it or not. She gave us the link to the update and when we ran it there was a problem but she was on to it straightaway and the support was excellent. Had it up an running in a couple of minutes. We are setting it up now and if it works for Vicky I will get an extra license for myself which she will give me at a cheap rate. Told her I would trial it for her and post results back here.

From the outset it seems to be what a small operator needs. I am setting up the trial for a small sample of my clients to see what it can do but like the name says it is simple. Already have a few ideas for improvement but Selina told me VIP have been using a modified version for 7 or 8 years. With service like they provide they are probably on a winner provided it can do the job. Will keep you posted how it goes but first look is good. I do like the SMS function.
    Bluey,

As you would know buying a software package off the shelf that meets all of your needs is rare, I think the value of Keepiteasy is the fact that the developer is willing to customise it to suit your particular application, albeit there may be a charge to do so.

Having strong support is the key to any package and I can vouch for Selina in this respect, she certainly is very strong on customer service.

I would be interested to read your feedback on the program after you have spent some more time with it.

Cheers

Premier

Keep it simple no rocket science needed.
    A card system.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gotta love the old timers BJ. About time you joined the 20th century don't ya reckon. I had a bloke who worked for me awhile back in a different life. We had a really good computer based system for tracking jobs and the guys just had to update it with what they were doing. It enabled anyone to log into the job to see where it was at and do things with it and update it. Now this bloke was a hard copy freak. Hated computers and kept everything in hard copy. Viewed technology in much the same manner as Cat Weasle. I had a chat to him about using the computer and the need to follow the corporate direction etc etc. I even got him some extra courses to help him out and he said all was good but he was a hard copy junkie. He took to keeping a folder with his prized hard copy on it where he kept all the info and only put a bit on the system. My response was short and final. I burnt his hard copies and made sure he did what he was supposed to. After a while he he actually got the hang of it and never looked back
    Cheers

Bluey

Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    Bluey,

As you would know buying a software package off the shelf that meets all of your needs is rare, I think the value of Keepiteasy is the fact that the developer is willing to customise it to suit your particular application, albeit there may be a charge to do so.

Having strong support is the key to any package and I can vouch for Selina in this respect, she certainly is very strong on customer service.

I would be interested to read your feedback on the program after you have spent some more time with it.

Cheers

Premier
    Keep me updated as I am interested!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast