Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mowing Software

Default Re: Mowing Software

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Gotta love the old timers BJ. About time you joined the 20th century don't ya reckon. I had a bloke who worked for me awhile back in a different life. We had a really good computer based system for tracking jobs and the guys just had to update it with what they were doing. It enabled anyone to log into the job to see where it was at and do things with it and update it. Now this bloke was a hard copy freak. Hated computers and kept everything in hard copy. Viewed technology in much the same manner as Cat Weasle. I had a chat to him about using the computer and the need to follow the corporate direction etc etc. I even got him some extra courses to help him out and he said all was good but he was a hard copy junkie. He took to keeping a folder with his prized hard copy on it where he kept all the info and only put a bit on the system. My response was short and final. I burnt his hard copies and made sure he did what he was supposed to. After a while he he actually got the hang of it and never looked back
    It's whatever works for the individual..Everyone to there own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowing Wheelers Hill View Post
    Keep me updated as I am interested!!
    Yes Bluey keep us all updated I was going to download the trial but my laptop needs to go to the doctors first. I downloaded some bloody update now my computer is slower than a mowing contractor on a cold morning.Maybe you could tweak it to suit us and see if they will do a deal for indy . Sounds like there could be a few bob in it for em

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Agree with that..there is no right or wrong way..albiet u dont use software u dont need to turn the computer on
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Quote Originally Posted by NLALM View Post
    Yes Bluey keep us all updated I was going to download the trial but my laptop needs to go to the doctors first. I downloaded some bloody update now my computer is slower than a mowing contractor on a cold morning.Maybe you could tweak it to suit us and see if they will do a deal for indy . Sounds like there could be a few bob in it for em
    I don't think they would really like or even allow anybody tweaking their product but from speaking to Selina they are happy to tweak it for you. This type of service they are supplying is a rarity. I have already suggested to her that she should talk to Dean. My trouble atm is finding time to test it. I thought winter was supposed to be slow. Have 2 days off due to rain and it is racetrack time again
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Quote Originally Posted by BeetleJuice View Post
    Sure is. Not having a shot just giving you a gentle shove towards the light. It won't hurt trust me
    Cheers

Bluey

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

I don't think they would really like or even allow anybody tweaking their product but from speaking to Selina they are happy to tweak it for you. This type of service they are supplying is a rarity. I have already suggested to her that she should talk to Dean. My trouble atm is finding time to test it. I thought winter was supposed to be slow. Have 2 days off due to rain and it is racetrack time again
    Sorry I didn't mean you tweak it I meant you might recommend the tweaks it needs for us

Sorry I didn't mean you tweak it I meant you might recommend the tweaks it needs for us
    Ahhhh ok....me under standeee now
    Cheers

Bluey

Here is a couple i'd like...
    Email signatures imported by default when sending invoices as mine won't
    A bigger text field for terms and conditions on the invoice.

I reckon its a winner. Had a fair play with it today.Hav'nt looked into the accounting side of it yet though.

Downloaded it yesterday, looks good. Got into an error loop though trying to add jobs to the schedule without an appointment time, because times are useless to me, i have to ctrl-alt-delete everytime. Funny thing is the jobs are there next time i boot the program. Sent an email to Selina

Smile Re: Mowing Software

Quote Originally Posted by Premier View Post
    I have tried several software packages but I have settled on http://www.keepiteasy.com.au an Australian designed package.

It has a great scheduling section and the back end accounting block meets all my needs and my Accountant is happy with it.

Still early days in terms of use (just 3 months) but to date it has been good to work with...support when needed has been prompt although the manual that has been provided with the software explains everything very well.

I particulary like it because it is Australian and has been designed for home based businesses with the emphasis on our industry.

Its just another option to consider for those looking for an industry based package.

Cheers

Premier
    Thanks for that Premier had a quick look may be what I have been looking for...

Had a bit more of a play just now. Have a small list of improvements and questions that I have sent Selina. Will have a closer look on the weekend.
    Cheers

Bluey

Downloaded the trial yesterday, for some reason the 'service categories' (under system preferences) tab isnt showing anything? ,tried re-downloading it and still same prob.Features and accessibility seems great, few small errors here and there.
    Cheers.
    MIGHTY MOW Lawn & Garden Services
    Brett Youlten
    Mob: 0415 112 163
    Web: www.mightymow.com.au

Email: info@mightymow.com.au
    Proudly Australian Owned

Likely you need to create your categories first
    David
    Mr Sparkle Car Spa

Quote Originally Posted by brettly View Post
    Downloaded the trial yesterday, for some reason the 'service categories' (under system preferences) tab isnt showing anything? ,tried re-downloading it and still same prob.Features and accessibility seems great, few small errors here and there.
    Brettly,

You need to create the service categories...click the new tab at the bottom of the page, a blank line will appear at the top of the page and you enter what you want, say "Service" or "Product" etc, make up as many as you want.

Cheers

Premier

After playing with the software for a while, i've noticed a few things that could be tweaked as far as scheduling and clients with multiple properties etc.
    Maybe if enough of us are willing to buy this software, we could get agreed changes and tweaks done as a group price, rather than 50 different varieties of the software. I think that's what they do with various franchises

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast