Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum

Thread: Well there you go

Default Well there you go

I was just sitting here doing some paperwork when there is a knock at the door and Tash goes off the pills. The front door is open with the screen shut so Tash sits there waiting to scare the daylights out of the unwary. Anyway I go to the door and there are 2 young aboriginal kids looking pretty scared. I am thinking whats going on here and says what can I do for you. The oldest says very politely sorry to bother you but we were wondering if we could have a mandarine each. My tree is chockas at the moment at the side of the driveway.

I say no probs and since you actually took the trouble to ask you can have 3 each. Their eyes lit up and they helped themselves to some fresh fruit. They each thank me, wish me a good day and go on their way happy as Larry.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Default Re: Well there you go

Thats nice on there part and yours most of them up here would have just taken all the fruit and if you had said something to them about it they would have had a go at you like its there god given right to take the fruit.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

nice, though it probably wasnt pertanent to the story that they were aboriginal.

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by C.O.R.Y.S View Post
    nice, though it probably wasnt pertanent to the story that they were aboriginal.
    but then again well young kids are often portrayed as rude, aboriginal kids [and not just the kids] seem to get picked on more so than others so by Bluey stating they where aboriginal it may make people stop and think about the fact that at the end of the day aboriginals are just like everyone else good and bad mannered
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Probably casing the joint... only kidding

It's nice to know hear about polite kids, good manners and knowing right from wrong gives them an advantage in life I reckon.

I love a good "break down the stereotypes" story.

Obviously credit must also go to the parents for raising such well-mannered, honest kids.
    ~ Joanne ~

the bad man inside my head says yeah that OR they were about to pinch them and got busted by the dog so quickly thought to ask instead???

Quote Originally Posted by C.O.R.Y.S View Post
    the bad man inside my head says yeah that OR they were about to pinch them and got busted by the dog so quickly thought to ask instead???
    No they could have pinched them and got away with it. They actually came to the door to ask and that is when Tash scared the bejus out of them. I only said they were aboriginal because they were.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Blackfella Whitefella. Doesn't matter what ya' colour. As long as you a true fella. As long as you a real fella.

The message is as important today as it was back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVVGygQAQT0

I have some kids like this living behind us they go out of there way to be polite to us when the foot ball is over the fence, but when they talk to there friends and family it`s a different foul language..
    ....Nothing like a good whipper....

Valued Country Member Shepparton Lawn Care's Avatar

nice work bluey!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    I was just sitting here doing some paperwork when there is a knock at the door and Tash goes off the pills. The front door is open with the screen shut so Tash sits there waiting to scare the daylights out of the unwary. Anyway I go to the door and there are 2 young aboriginal kids looking pretty scared. I am thinking whats going on here and says what can I do for you. The oldest says very politely sorry to bother you but we were wondering if we could have a mandarine each. My tree is chockas at the moment at the side of the driveway.

I say no probs and since you actually took the trouble to ask you can have 3 each. Their eyes lit up and they helped themselves to some fresh fruit. They each thank me, wish me a good day and go on their way happy as Larry.

Thanks for sharing that with us Bluey. It made my day.

Thumbs up Re: Well there you go

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    but then again well young kids are often portrayed as rude, aboriginal kids [and not just the kids] seem to get picked on more so than others so by Bluey stating they where aboriginal it may make people stop and think about the fact that at the end of the day aboriginals are just like everyone else good and bad mannered
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Ian.