Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When its just too wet to work.............

Default Re: When its just too wet to work.............

Quote Originally Posted by RSM-Gazza View Post
    ian, I must say maintenance of the numerous equipment is so time consuming I'm finding, although 100% necessary.
    I thought I would have more time in this field to launch my boat, but a lot of spare time is either spent on MYOB / schedule updating or maintenance.

Last night I was in the shed stripping apart the SP wheel drive, shafts and wheel drive internal gears. Clean, re-grease and oil the wheel bearings. It never ends. but I'm not complaining.
    That's why we always had Friday afternoon blocked out for jobs, that was admin and maintenance. It's part of running a business so we ensured it was done during regular business hours and not in our personal/family time.
    ~ Joanne ~

Joanne,

Think I must apply a dedicated time slot to this too, as we speak I'm entering in today's few purchases and payements received via direct debit.

But it's better than finalising a Power Preso together and preparing for a speech in front of many peoples, say tomorrow as it used to be.
    Cheers Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs HMS View Post
    That's why we always had Friday afternoon blocked out for jobs, that was admin and maintenance. It's part of running a business so we ensured it was done during regular business hours and not in our personal/family time.
    Yeah that's a good idea, i usually start late on a Monday. I'll do the invoices, pay bills, spare parts, do the weekly job shuffle

Its been raining here all night and its still hacking down, going to replace the blades and air filter on mower and maybe get a new printer and do up some flyers, hope it stops soon!
    Joel Thompson
    Living Out Landscapes

ABN 49808840061

Very Helpful Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Its been raining here all night and its still hacking down, going to replace the blades and air filter on mower and maybe get a new printer and do up some flyers, hope it stops soon!
    don't forget to clean the air filters on the blower,brushcutter and hedgetrimmer also grease the head on the brushcutter and you could also sharpen the chain on the chainsaw and the blades on the hedge trimmer

then when you have finished that you could vacuum the house do the ironing and start renovating the bath room
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Hi Joel Im in Newcastle too, Not a day for mowing, lucky they are not growing much ,got heaps of garden jobs on, most people are prety easy going and know I'll get there when I can

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    then when you have finished that you could vacuum the house do the ironing and start renovating the bath room
    Hahaha i broke the vacuum, cant iron (that what she thinks, il keep it that way) and im renting so cant reno bathroom! I think its time for a beer while i replace the blades on the mower!
    Joel Thompson
    Living Out Landscapes

ABN 49808840061

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12