Independent LawnMowing Contractors Of Australia Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damn

Default Re: Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Mate have you gone for some counselling. At least give it a shot before either one of you pulls the pin.
    X2

I have been having similar issues down here and counselling has helped out imensly.

They dont try to keep you together or anything but just get you two to talk to try to sort out your differences.

try http://www.relationships.com.au/

also I found http://www.menslineaus.org.au/Home.aspx great... and trust me the first call is definately the hardest but once you get past that they can really help you just talk through things.

get in touch with your friends... they will support you, as Sandgroper says can you take a bit of time off and visit them?

As Mrs HMS says keep coming in here to talk.

OK i missed a bit of the first post,,just read your wife is going away and you were upset.

Whens she comes back hopefully she gets a new apprication of that things were,nt as bad as all that,,you will have two incomes then ? So hopefully money will not be an issue so much,,

It doesn't take long for things to go a bit pear-shaped when there is a lot of stress in life - for anyone, and there's been a lot of it lately for you two Cory. I don't know if you get any time together, but a walk down by the river is always a good "out" and gives you a place for a talk as well as a walk, and gets the endorphins circulating around the brain to improve the mood - even a picnic/el fresco meal in the wonderful winter days here is good...
    Joanne has provided some great advice, as always...
    I've suggested having a lawnies get together here but my other half isn't as social as me, so I'll need to conVince him of the benefits of mingling a bit more. It's getting a bit quieter now the grass is slowing down its growth rate so it might be a good time of year for a chin wag
    Ciao for now ~ Christine
    senior partner ~ Townsville Lawn Care
    http://townsvillelawncare.webs.com

Member Tender Lovin Lawn&Garden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Wharton View Post
    It doesn't take long for things to go a bit pear-shaped when there is a lot of stress in life - for anyone, and there's been a lot of it lately for you two Cory. I don't know if you get any time together, but a walk down by the river is always a good "out" and gives you a place for a talk as well as a walk, and gets the endorphins circulating around the brain to improve the mood - even a picnic/el fresco meal in the wonderful winter days here is good...
    Joanne has provided some great advice, as always...
    I've suggested having a lawnies get together here but my other half isn't as social as me, so I'll need to conVince him of the benefits of mingling a bit more. It's getting a bit quieter now the grass is slowing down its growth rate so it might be a good time of year for a chin wag
    I was thinking about the same thing even mentioned it to vj at one stage but my life has been so up in the air of late i never ended up setting up a date and time. If people ring me though i am usally keen for a chat most afternoons.
    Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care
    We do everything for your lawn and garden with tender loving care
    find us on facebook under Tender Lovin Lawn and Garden Care

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Wharton View Post
    I've suggested having a lawnies get together here but my other half isn't as social as me, so I'll need to conVince him of the benefits of mingling a bit more
    We did it here Christine, although I couldn't make it to the second one and it really was a great day. Nice to put faces to names. Perhaps organise something anyway and the other half will eventually come 'round.

How you doing Corys?
    ~ Joanne ~

Corys....how are you?
    ~ Joanne ~

the townsville bbq is on the 18th but im yet to recive a reply if anyone is coming.

Hi all. Really sorry I havent replyed in so long and thanks heaps to everyone who posted. Just want to let you all know whats going on and that im ok. My wife has been gone nearly three weeks now and a week after she got over there she told them we were seperated. basically I have had to break the lease on our house and will be moving out and back to sydney in two weeks. i am not giving up on her or townsville though so i am leaving all my work gear and my basic personal stuff needed to survive up here in storage and im going to stay at my parents for a few months, get a job and work my backside off then move back up here later in the year when the wet season is starting to kick in and try to make a go of it by myself so when my wife gets back I can show her what im capable off and that I want to work things out. This is and has been incredibly hard but ive been getting help i needed for a long time and im learning a lot so no matter what happens im going to come out of this for the better. I wont be posting for a while but will have a look at whats happening every once in a while and will let you all know when im back and getting back into it. hope everyone else is doing ok and winter isnt treating you to badly. cheers, cory.

Hi Corys

That is really sad news mate. I had hoped you guys could work things out. It is good to see your getting some help with it. I hope you can get things sorted out for the better. Good luck mate. Keep us updated.
    Cheers

Bluey
    Adelaide Home & Garden Solutions
    http://www.ahgs.com.au

"Success occurs when no one is looking, failure occurs when everyone is watching."

Very Helpful Member

best of luck hope everything works out and remember just because your not going to be working in the industry doesn't mean you can't post
    Anything Ian says may or may not be garbage, it may also be his own opinion or it may not be his opinion at all, it may just be something he felt like stating anyone following his advice does so at their own risk and may be doing something Ian would actually advise against.
    And if you don't like what Ian has to say use the ignore function if you don't know how ask i will gladly tell you

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Hi CORYS,

First time today i have read this post and would like to know everything is ok with you... 8 months is up and I hope everything has gone to plan for you

Best of luck

Simmo.

Senior Member Lawn Mowing Professionals's Avatar

Sorry duplicate

Cory has dissapeared havent seen christine on here but she is still floating around vj is gone now installing solar panels

Im still kicking! Havent even thought about this page for ages though sorry guys. Im back in Townsville and working hard trying to juggle jobs and all this bloody rain! Thanks for the enquiry Simmo and bloody good timing to, she is back in two days! We managed to work things out to a point where we are back together and I have just moved all our stuff back into a new home but only time will tell how things are going to pan out between us once she is back. On a personal note I am doing awesome. I have made a lot of big changes in my life, have a new attitude and positive zest for life and Ive lost 32 kilos since she has been gone! Work is going alright. I have a small bunch of regulars and get a lot of one ofs and clean ups through other defence families thanks to my contacts in the military community and have been getting quite a lot of gardening jobs to. I could certainly do with a few more customers but Ive got enough to keep me busy every day and with the addition of my new ride on (Ferris xt50 36") im hoping more will start coming in as I am able to get through more. And I know you know I havent disapeared Tender, I have seen you around the traps a fair bit and I saw you stop and check me out while I was doing a job on Tennant St in ouglas a couple of weeks ago to. I'll be sure to give you a wave or say hello next time we pass.

Great to hear from you Cory and terrific that things are going so well for you. Best of luck! Thanks for the update, now don't disappear on us again OK
    ~ Joanne ~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast